So, Predictions On Meta Coming Quirk Pass?

18 replies to this topic

#1 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

Seeing as PGI is opening the floodgates and have collected enough salt to create their own Dead Sea three times over, do you think we will see a severe drop in TBRs and be replaced by Hellbringers?

#2 Flutterguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:00 PM

No, there will be some build adjustments for the TBR and SCR, but the only mech that is forced out of their tier slot is the RVN-2X.

Poor thing.

Edited by Flutterguy, 17 May 2015 - 11:01 PM.

#3 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:02 PM

With bigger maps coming i predict people will swich to HBRs (ERLL, Zeus. (LL) and more ERLL Gauss related builds.

Not sure if its going to be temporary, but the bigger maps better be good in terms of design and balance otherwise all other builds are absoluted again.

#4 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

Ghost Battles, as there is no one else left to play with? :ph34r:

#5 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

From just reading numbers, I'd go Gauss+2xLPL on TBR (9% nerfed) and Gauss+2xERLL on SCR (6% nerfed). Dropdeck the same, or 2x HBR+2x SCR.

For IS I'd not change anything in my TDR-9S, TDR-5SS, STK-4N, RVN-2X drop deck except mayby RVN-2X -> FS9-S.

So, main effect for me will be reducing usage of a few E hardpoints on the clan mechs.

Edit: Hmm, this is pre-240t, so I would change the IS drop-deck... :)

Edited by Duke Nedo, 17 May 2015 - 11:10 PM.

#6 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

More clan Gauss rifles, more LPLs (more laser in fewer hard points than mass ERML), less ERML, possibly some mixed SRM/Laser brawlers (which gives up poking power), possibly UAC+LPL builds.

Personally I'm going to try SRMs+2LPL on my crows. LPLs for poking, and SRMs for additional brawling power.

#7 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

I said it in another thread, but I think the "new" dropdeck will consist of 2 Summoners, 2 Novas. All PPFLD, poptarting builds. Past couple nights my unit has been testing this deck and it's quite devastating when you've got 48 poptarts for an entire CW match.

#8 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

The Raven 2X was a huge problem, it was able to fire weapons twice before being legged. They HAD to do something about that.

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:30 PM

For the IS, most of them are meh, and I don't think that meta will overly different overnight. They'll still be effective, but not to the same degree.

For the Clans...

I believe the TBR will be Tier 2 for particular niche builds involving the least amount of lasers (mostly revolving around Clan Large Pulse and Gauss).

Hellbringers by default will get more play, probably becoming "by default" Tier 1 status, followed with Summoners in Tier 2 status for those that want to run CERMeds+Gauss with JJs.

The Stormcrow... will be Tier 3, bordering on Tier 2. Rather than seeing more CERMED builds, it will be more dependent on Gauss (3 or 4 CERMEDs+Gauss) and the occasional Clan Large Pulse builds (2 CLPL + something). Missile boats (including the Streak/Skillcrow) will still be used like before.

Novas will be attempted, but I think the majority may lean a bit more towards the Ice Ferret reaching Tier 2 status from the comp crowd (5 CERMEDs are actually functional).

CW Dropdecks will favor something along the lines with 3 Hellbringers + Ice Ferret... with some variations that may involve a Summoner (dropping the Ice Ferret to a Kitfox/Adder) on occasion.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 May 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#10 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

The Mauler will come with very positive meta quirks in order for them to facilitate the maximum amount of possible sales.

#11 Cerberias

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

Lol, since when was the Raven 2X anything worthwhile... run 2 large you might aswell run a 3L for ecm, run 3 large and you've got piss for throughput, which was already a problem for the 3L with 2... Lol @ the bloke thinking ravens get hit in legs though, damn you must suck at popping to get hit in the leg hahahhaa

@Aresye, wtf are you talking about PPFLD on clan mechs, the only weapons that have that are gauss and erppc.. Novas/summoners don't get the tonnage for decent amounts of both, and ERPPC's on their own have the throughput of a wet towel. If you're saying that lasers are PPFLD you should uninstall, however.

#12 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:51 PM

Storms+2xER PPCs, Novas+2xER PPCs, Hellbringers (ER MLs, LPLs, Gauss). What else haven't broken by PGI?
For now I've rebuilt my TBW with Gauss+2LPLs and Storm Gauss+LPL+ML (Both one-sided builds). Can't test them right away thou -_-

#13 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:00 AM

Tier 2: Hellbringer HBR-Prime/A/B | Summoner SMN-D | Thunderbolt TDR-9SE | Thunderbolt TDR-5SS | Mad Dog MDD-Prime/A/B | Quickdraw QKD-5K

Gauss and 2 LPL for TW and Storm Crow.

Edited by XX Sulla XX, 18 May 2015 - 12:01 AM.

#14 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:09 AM

mix of temp builds for 4 weeks then enter the ebon jag and executioner with current builds, rinse, repeat.

That said do we even have clanners turning up for cw presently? the map is still awfully sad

Edited by Ralgas, 18 May 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#15 Mister Raven

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Location13/f/cali

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:09 AM

MWO has no meta. meta would imply layers of deep tactical gameplay.

MWO isnt what you think it is. its just a free to play call of mechwarrior nascar endless TDM.

dont get too absorbed in it or you wont realize what MWO really is and become frustrated at very petty things like your team doing the same stupid mindless **** EVERY game.

also..... i didnt read any of this thread. i really cant be bothered.

Edited by Mister Raven, 18 May 2015 - 12:10 AM.

#16 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:15 AM

The nature of the quirks is basically +3% burn duration and cooldown per each energy hardpoint with the only exception being SCR 4 and 6 E arms each having 9%. 2xLPL+4xERML burn duration is now 1.36 sec Stalker's 3xLLx2 is 1.5 sec. Still pretty good against slow mechs with poor accel/decel rate that can't torso twist fast enough and/or bunny hop. Meta might change in it's application but not in it's nature. Clan wave 3 mechs will most likely receive the same kind of treatment. 6xMPL is still a decent option, Gauss + 2xLPL as well though the raw damage is kind of low. Hellbringer is still a good alternative but it looses its ST fast.

#17 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 229 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:23 AM

We'll be seeing more Hellbringers for sure. Timber Wolf laservomit will die. The Hellbringer will replace it in that role. Gauss builds&SRM builds will still be fine for the Timber though.

#18 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

View PostSarlic, on 17 May 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

With bigger maps coming i predict people will swich to HBRs (ERLL, Zeus. (LL) and more ERLL Gauss related builds.

Not sure if its going to be temporary, but the bigger maps better be good in terms of design and balance otherwise all other builds are absoluted again.

Bigger maps on the way? In what year? 3050?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users