3 replies to this topic

#1 cheapcamper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

sup ya'll!

I am currently running a clevo labtop( i7-4700mq= 3.4Ghz when turbo, HD8970m=7970m=desktop 7850, ram more then enough) to power my newly brought korean crossover 27 1440p monitor( dont judge me, yes i know, I am a student studin' overseas so i though i should get a labtop as you dont bring a pc to the lectures.), using all low except texture and detail very high and shading medium, I had a beatiful WQHD gameplay at 47-80 framerates per sec( while monitor's ips so max refrase rate is 60 :( ))
I was wondering for those who were playing at high resolution, what card would begin to be sufficent( i.e. framerate stays above 55) for all very high and with AA maxed? I believe there's gotta be some WQHD mechwarriors around!

also, I was wondering what cpu clock speed is sufficent from this CPU BOTTLENECK? and i am very temped to get thePentium G3258 as it is a 2 core 2 thread that could be OC'ed to like 4.8 Ghz and its dirt cheap, WTF! you guys reckon 2 threads is gonna be sufficent for MWO?

p.s. I am checking news for gtx800 series on the net daily, damn TSMC I want my 20nm/16nm Fab process GPU! not this tick tock Q_Q from OH its a MAXWELL so PLEZ SPEND MONEY on a card that is STAGNANT!

still, I wanna see the specs of R9 300 series and GTX 880 series!

camper.

Edited by cheapcamper, 04 September 2014 - 07:53 AM.
Language / Flamebait

#2 Armament

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 199 posts
  • LocationPiloting a Dire Wolf.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

They're skipping the 800 series for the desktops and going straight for the 900. 800 series is strictly for laptops. That Pentium g3256 should be fine, high clock speeds make a huge difference in this game.

#3 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

Yeah 800 series Maxwell is barely a thing, period. Even the mobile chips are moving to 900 series very quickly. AMD did the same thing with the 8000 series; it must be an 8 thing :)

Edited by Catamount, 04 September 2014 - 08:21 AM.

#4 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

Anyways, to answer your two performance questions, I wouldn't play on a setup like that on less than a 280x/770 or equivalent. I mean, you won't die if you do, but that's the minimum for ideal settings and framerate. For CPU, if you can afford a good GPU then don't skimp and get a lousy dual core CPU, because MWO hates dual cores, at any clock speed. Get an i5 of some kind, anything SB or later, and you're basically good, bonus points if you can get it over 4ghz (my minimums drop very slightly on a 4.2 3570k).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users