The Ultimate Lagspike Fail (Pgi Pls Fix)

General Gameplay

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jazzbandit1313

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,088 posts
  • Location--- Star's End ---- -- Novo Cressidas --

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

We join our hero (me) in his trusty firebrand. Twin ac5's glowing red hot from all the rounds he's put downrange and medium lasers pewing away as he pulls their beams accross a nearby Atlas and counter snipes a Warhawk with PPCs across a ridge on alpine. His team is down 9-5, Skirmish on Alpine and the enemy is moving up. His remaining allies are a Nova at 71% and a Jenner at 54%. His firebrand spouts smoke from his left arm and all other armor components are a deep shade of orange.

The Warhawk peeks, but for his last time as my (yes I'm switching to first person, fight me) twin ac'5s fire straight into his juicy red CT. Down goes the Warhawk. Score is now 9-6. Two fairly healthy Raven 3l's pop up over the ridge and start madly pursuing the Jenner. This gives me the perfect chance to lay down some damage and punish their legs and torsos. Down goes one raven 3L to my medium lasers. Whilst firing upon the other, an atlas DDC and TBR bear down upon me, firing salvo after salvo of lrms. I close in and start to shred away at the atlases CT armor whilst my friendly nova does the same to the TBR. The tbr has red ct but the nova is now engaging the atlas and raven. I take this moment to alpha the TBR's CT and (kinda) steal the kill. score is now 9-8.

I whip around at lightning speed to see my friendly nova get cored by the mighty atlas's twin LL. The jenner is no help for this as he is engaged with the remaining raven. In a marvelous display of torso twisting, I dash around the atlas at 93.2 KPH, pounding him with shell after shell of my cannons and melting his armor plating off with my medium lasers. After a tense moment, the atlas falls. Timbeeeeeer i call out, as he falls and slowly slides down the hill (dead Atlases make for the best sleds, wouldn't you know)

After taking down the atlas, My armor is a deep red all over and a bright yellow exposed CT. I rush over to the jenner and take out his pursuer (raven 3l) with three volleys of ac5 goodness straight to his left torso, cratering his XL engine and saving my jenner friend (now with ridiculously low health) Score is now 10-10. We group up and await the last mech (12th is a DC) I hear footsteps behind me and turn just in time to see a CN9-D speed up and over the ridge at...full health. His ac10 rips through one of the Jenner's legs, immobilizing him. In response to this, I start the death circle with the centurion, focusing my aim on his right arm, taking off his ac10 with my AC5's (now with 6 rounds left) My friendly jenner focuses a deadly multiple Mlas alpha on the CN9-D's CT, tearing it open and revealing orange CT components. Upon seeing this and realizing that 2 MLS could not possibly core my still bright yellow ct, I rush straight for the remaining enemy, knowing that I can take him down with an alpha and win this tremendous comeback. I get up to top speed and rush towards the CN9-D with cannons blazing and lasers firing.......

Wait what?

Why is the CN9-D running in place....

Why aren't my rounds hitting him.....how come my jenner is just looking right at him like an idiot.

After about a minute and a half of extreme double face-palming, the horrendous lag spike retires itself to it's chambers, waiting to strike again. My Firebrand lays dead, on the ice cold ground in a smoldering heap. My friendly jenner....well he doesn't have legs anymore.

"You have been destroyed"

Gee, I wonder if my dying had anything to do with the 1:30 that I was sitting there "AFK" while the centurion cored me with ease....ruining my *almost* helluva comeback 6 kill 9 assist game with over 800 damage.

Now once is ok...but today alone within 4 hours of gameplay, I have experienced 3 total disconnects from my game, the mechlab, everything...and 5 - 30 second+ lagspikes that have cost me my life during the rounds I've played.

Others are experiencing this as well. I thought this server migration was supposed to help things....

Anyone else have a good lagspike fail story?

To conclude, TL;DR, PGI PLS FIX.

Edited by Jazzbandit1313, 04 September 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#2 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostJazzbandit1313, on 04 September 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

To conclude, TL;DR, PGI PLS FIX.

I'm going to assume you don't realize how stupid that sounds, so I thought I would let you know. It's sounds stupid as hell.

I mean seriously, unless you think they are pretending to work on it so that more people will pay money to play with the lag spikes....

#3 Jazzbandit1313

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,088 posts
  • Location--- Star's End ---- -- Novo Cressidas --

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

Well the proof is obvious. They tried to make it better, but ended up making it worse (not just for me but for many)

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

6 kill....9 assist...so you killed (or helped) 3 of your teammates? Correction, 4, since they had to have t least 1 on the enemy team for you to lose.

#5 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

Closing as a duplicate thread.. please see here:
http://mwomercs.com/...60#entry3689561
for the current status on the Desync bug, and what you can do to help PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users