Repair Bays As Control Points

3 replies to this topic

#1 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

Posted Image [<-- wow geocities]

Risk v Reward on these things was pretty well done in MW4. You had to power down and stay still for a long while, during which you could be destroyed with no defenses. It would not replace destroyed components, only repair stuff that was still present, and would also resupply ammo. In order to use them for repair, you basically need a guard, who is automatically -1 from the attack forces.

It would also add an additional layer of strategy to the maps. Not only repair your own damage, but you could capture or destroy the enemy's repair bay and lock them out. Less arena TDM and more objective play.

It also provides a hook for territory control, capturing the enemy repair bays and ammo dumps.

#2 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

I think it's a neat idea, but I don't think the game is ready for it.

I see it being a breeding ground for Spiders and Embers to hit and run all day long, making the repair grounds a grieving tool rather than anything else. Come up with a fix for that obvious exploit, and I'd support the idea.

#3 IDontLikeNames

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

You can only repair once every 2 minutes? Or maybe a new gamemode centered on this, you earn in-game credits to repair/rearm (Much like in MWLL).

Edited by IDontLikeNames, 05 September 2014 - 08:29 PM.

#4 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:20 AM

Repair bays were OP.

They operated WAAAAY to fast. Repairing is basically irrelevant in MWO since games are only 15 minutes. You aren't going to replace all the armor on a mech in 15 minutes....

Reloading ammo - maybe. Repair - no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users