#1 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

First, thanks for the new Challenge ... love that you do them and offer rewards for participating in them. My feedback is just that I wish you would make challenges that just let us play the game. Please stop forcing me to Solo drop when I want to group with my friends, or, as the case with the new challenge, don't force me into a certain number of friends that I have to play with in order to participate. Let me play and participate Solo or with 1 - 11 friends! Let me focus on playing the game, not managing whether I can get into a 4-man group or not at any given moment.

Again, love that you do these Challenges and offer the rewards. I just want to focus on playing the game be it solo if no friends are online or with any number of friends that are online. I mean, you finally changed the Grouping Parameters that actually allows me to have varying group sizes and bam, challenge comes along that forces me into a 4-man group if I wish to participate.

#2 McMatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostCaptRosha, on 05 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

First, thanks for the new Challenge ... love that you do them and offer rewards for participating in them. My feedback is just that I wish you would make challenges that just let us play the game. Please stop forcing me to Solo drop when I want to group with my friends, or, as the case with the new challenge, don't force me into a certain number of friends that I have to play with in order to participate. Let me play and participate Solo or with 1 - 11 friends! Let me focus on playing the game, not managing whether I can get into a 4-man group or not at any given moment.

Again, love that you do these Challenges and offer the rewards. I just want to focus on playing the game be it solo if no friends are online or with any number of friends that are online. I mean, you finally changed the Grouping Parameters that actually allows me to have varying group sizes and bam, challenge comes along that forces me into a 4-man group if I wish to participate.

+1
I really love challenges. And rewards, of course. But I don't like forcing to solo or group.

#3 Tanreh

• PipPip
  • Private, First Class
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostMcMatt, on 05 September 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

+1
I really love challenges. And rewards, of course. But I don't like forcing to solo or group.

Yep, I also like challenges as they actually give you some goals to achieve aside from Cbills and XP.

But I do also not like to be forced to groupplay.

Most of my time I am playing solo as I can start and end at the time I want to ...joining a group is always connected with a kind of responsibility to play for some time
(At least in my world)....I also do not want to use TS or what else...I want to play the game....

So thumbs up for a new challenge...thumbs down for forcing groupplay....

Regarding the rewards....the Mechbay is the only one I would like to have...that would also mean the premium time starts immediately....and after doing the solo 50 wins with the
6.5 Mio Cbills....I will for sure not do this again with group play....way too much time to achieve this....it was hard in solo...can you imagine how difficult it would be if you are not playing regularly in a group?

#4 Boris The Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

Personally I agree with the lance of 4 maximum size, it rebalances the challenge to make it fairer to the smaller groups and PUG's, left at 12 maximum the large units would dominate and quickly complete the challenge. I however, don't agree with exactly 4 being required, as that leaves a lot of even smaller groups, real life friends/family units etc. having to either not take part of recruit extras which may not be an option for them.

As much as you might want to play with more, we should keep the sync-dropping to a minimum, were probably going to have a large influx of players into the group queue tonight coming in for the first time, if they get a good impression of it, you never know, they might stay.

#5 SPITMETAL

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

Now I have to spend time focusing on finding the group instead of playing and enjoying the game. FAIL Challenge!

#6 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

Max size is fine, min size is not, this is silly. Wtf are they thinking really?

It could have been an interesting weekend with lots of groups of 2,3, and 4 dropping and playing against each other, knowing you're probably not going to fight a 12-man, now it's just going to be a frustrating time trying to get exactly the right number for every game.

#7 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostSPITMETAL, on 05 September 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Now I have to spend time focusing on finding the group instead of playing and enjoying the game. FAIL Challenge!

FOR SHAME! having to group up with people in a TEAM BASED game.

the nerve of some developers! wanting players to not be lone wolf scrubs all the time!

HOW DARE THEY!

As an aside, the 4 person lock is kinda dumb, but it is the "Lance" challenge.

#8 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

GET REAL

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostSqually160, on 05 September 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

FOR SHAME! having to group up with people in a TEAM BASED game.

the nerve of some developers! wanting players to not be lone wolf scrubs all the time!

HOW DARE THEY!

As an aside, the 4 person lock is kinda dumb, but it is the "Lance" challenge.

If you just downloaded this game you wouldn't know it was team based.

Team speak,no
Team commands, no
Team flares, no
Chat rooms ,no
Anywhere find teammates online again no.

#10 gordogomez

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

Has anyone got the premium time yet? I got the challenge completed like an hour ago and still no premium...

#11 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 05 September 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

If you just downloaded this game you wouldn't know it was team based.

Team speak,no
Team commands, no
Team flares, no
Chat rooms ,no
Anywhere find teammates online again no.

How does gameplay work?
[color=#EEEEEE]
MechWarrior Online puts MechWarriors into team-based and tactical battlefield where the victors swim in the spoils of war and are rewarded with the almighty C-Bill (in-game currency).
[/color]
[color=#EEEEEE]
Each team has up to 12 players and the two teams are pitted in combat in an enclosed battlefield. Communication is key, be it in-game chat, integrated C3, or a third party VOIP solution, keeping in constant communication with your teammates will drastically increase your team’s chances of success.
[/color]
[color=#EEEEEE]
[/color]
[color=#EEEEEE]
[/color]
[color=#EEEEEE]
I know, I know, it only says it in teh description!
[/color]
[color=#EEEEEE]
But I do get where you are coming from. Ingame group organization is terrible, no built in coms, not even a radial menu for ingame chat. It sucks, a lot, but alas, we have what we have, and got to make the best of it.
[/color]

#12 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

Yes, seriously, just let folks play... it's ridiculous to say, "You need exactly 4 people to ride this ride."

#13 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

To each their own I suppose but for the longest time there have been complaints concerning the fact that the challenges to date have been nothing BUT solo with a plethora of requests for group challenges which is/was heavily supported by the community.

Granted I agree that 4 man only is rather restrictive, but now that there is actually a group challenge the first thread in the forum is "don't force me to group for challenges?"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Edited by Tangelis, 05 September 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#14 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

Guess I'm going to get another little red X in my challenges list :(

#15 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

To whom it may concern in charge of creating challenges,

If you create a solo challenge people will be mad at you and QQ. You ruined the solo queue with folks sync dropping.
If you create challenges that force you to be in a group, then more QQ from the same folks because they don't want to team.

Ignore them all and thanks for making my NARC/TAG/BAP Sarah's Jenner fun for the weekend!

View Postgordogomez, on 05 September 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Has anyone got the premium time yet? I got the challenge completed like an hour ago and still no premium...

Prizes are usually rewarded after the challenge is complete. So Tuesday.

#16 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

So, this:

IF we had more challenges, more often, more insignificant freebies tossed at us(like a day of premium, a free basic paint, a c-bill boost toekn, whatever) then having variety in the challenge objectives would be outstanding.

however, we dont have those things, in fact pretty far from it.

this is why people complain about the challenges IGP, you dont do them enough. Nobody would care about missing out on this weekends mechbay(because tey dont like the drop rules this time) IF they knew the next one would be around fairly soon.

BUT, they dont know that, because to date, we can count on one hand the mech bay challenges we have had in 2 years. So suddenly people are irate about the potential loss of the tiny scrap of reward offered. It's like holding a steak out for a hobo, where it should be like holding a dollar bill out for Scrooge McDuck. Hobo is so ravenous, he feels like he has to do anything to get that reward. Scrooge, well hell yeah he wants that dollar, but there is a limit to what he will do for it because he knows he can earn another dollar tomorrow.

In one scenario, nobody will be happy what the drop rules are, because reward is so precious. On the other, everyone is happy, because variety is spice of life and rewards can be had next weekend if the rules arent your cup of tea this one.

EDIT: if you would like to see an example of how to run a free to play game, go to Marvel Heroes 2015. They hand out **** every week, the game is fun, the player base is growing. IGP, you only do one of those things right now. A million people giving you a dollar, is better then 10 giving you 200.

Edited by Eldagore, 05 September 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#17 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostQuackAttack, on 05 September 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

Prizes are usually rewarded after the challenge is complete. So Tuesday.

In the last challenge the rewards were received up to 15 minutes after completion, or when you next logged in if you logged out before the 15 minutes.

#18 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostWolfways, on 05 September 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

In the last challenge the rewards were received up to 15 minutes after completion, or when you next logged in if you logged out before the 15 minutes.

Sweet, I'm used to the non tiered challenges that's eve better

#19 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostCaptRosha, on 05 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Exactly.

Because they're forcing 4man groups... groups of 5-10 have a distinct advantage vs those of us trying to accomplish the challenge.

#20 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

I agree with the OP on both counts.

THANK YOU PGI for this Challenge. I particularly like how you're scoring higher for teamplay like Assist, Spottting, ect.

And, Please do consider Open Invite Challenges for added group/solo flexibility.
This scoring system would work masterfully in both a solo and group field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users