• The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

How did you accidentally do this? Seriously everyone on the PTS said this was a terrible decision.

#22 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:41 AM

View PostDeathlyEyes, on 05 September 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

How did you accidentally do this? Seriously everyone on the PTS said this was a terrible decision.

What, you thought someone was actually reading the PTS feedback? It's just there to give people a place to vent.

I cannot think of a single thing that people have reacted badly to on the PTS that has actually gotten changed as a result of that test. There's no testing going on. Remember the UI2 tests, how for three tests in a row every single person in the test said they hated the mouseover sound, the little plink that plays when your mouse passes any button or item or mech? And then not only was that not changed, it was never ever addressed. Same with weapon balance changes, and just about everything else. I might be wrong; feel free to go through the archives and see if something happened as a result of the PTS that I am forgetting.

#23 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

You need to stick the C-ERML heat down to 5.25 or 5.5 Paul, you completely broke the STOCK Nova build with the heatup.

The range drop on the ERML did the trick on balancing the weapon very well, the extra heat is not necessary.

Same goes for the Smalls, they're already linked for Ghostheat with any medium laser, they don't need the extra heat after having a range nerf.

One of two things needs to happen for the Nova, it either needs an energy perk to counter that added heat to even be viable as a STOCK build, or CERML heat needs adjustment down.

Apparently your testers already pointed this out to you during the session this last week.

#24 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

View Postaniviron, on 06 September 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

What, you thought someone was actually reading the PTS feedback? It's just there to give people a place to vent.

I cannot think of a single thing that people have reacted badly to on the PTS that has actually gotten changed as a result of that test. There's no testing going on. Remember the UI2 tests, how for three tests in a row every single person in the test said they hated the mouseover sound, the little plink that plays when your mouse passes any button or item or mech? And then not only was that not changed, it was never ever addressed. Same with weapon balance changes, and just about everything else. I might be wrong; feel free to go through the archives and see if something happened as a result of the PTS that I am forgetting.

I hate to say that the option is there (to silence the UI noises)... just like 5 months late or something along the lines (I forget when they added it, but it wasn't quickly).

You know, it's kinda like those trial mechs that everyone keeps requesting/suggesting/demanding that they can be hidden away with a checkbox... but that option doesn't actually exist.

Progress™.

Edited by Deathlike, 06 September 2014 - 02:20 PM.

#25 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

This is deserving of a bump, because it serves as a reminder...

Is this still happening?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users