Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 05 September 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

I am all for Mechwarrior becoming a great game, but checking out new games is fun also. The link doesnt really go anywhere just asks for some code? Whats that about? Anywhere to see what its going to be like? At first I hoped this was Aerotech!

The code is I am human and leads to a brief press release.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 05 September 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#122 Xenosphobatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:16 PM

Posted Image

I'm sure everyone who foundered money here will surely founder money there.

Or something.

#123 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

wait for the counter to be reset after 3 days.

#124 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

I'm pretty sure this is Launch PGI wanted, a year ago...

#125 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:27 PM

so.... I guess not 100% diverted to CW........

i guess it's good business to start a new venture while the whales keep providing oil for this current one. good business but imo not moral cause the money i have spent into this game, i kind of don't want it going anywhere else.

I want THIS game not THAT game. I don't want alpha or beta access or some in game currency or LTI, I want you to work on this game; the game we have put money into for development. The game that I have supported by paying, playing, building communities with and in case it doesn't translate; Iv invested a lot of time into.

#126 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 05 September 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

so.... I guess not 100% diverted to CW........

i guess it's good business to start a new venture while the whales keep providing oil for this current one. good business but imo not moral cause the money i have spent into this game, i kind of don't want it going anywhere else.

I want THIS game not THAT game. I don't want alpha or beta access or some in game currency or LTI, I want you to work on this game; the game we have put money into for development. The game that I have supported by paying, playing, building communities with and in case it doesn't translate; Iv invested a lot of time into.

If a company did that with every dollar, nobody would ever be able to branch out with new projects or new ventures.

#127 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives Compact.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think once some key promises are kept. You have many options on direction and future ad-dons, just look at a few other games in development that are getting millions of real bucks in support. They are also slow and timely. I'm a designer, 3d/2d, mechanical animation.... it takes time to do things right. years not days. Suggestion: make a list of the top 4 things players would like to see first. make a poll. and do it. or explain why you needed to to something else before you did it. maybe make a video in real time, of a designer working. so they have an idea what it takes to make all this magic happen. keep it up guys.. to bad we can't play here in Hong Kong.. 300-500 ping really gives us a disadvantage. but we still kick butt.. FOR ST. IVES! Long Live Candace Liao!

#128 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

View PostGyrok, on 05 September 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

Because it is better than nerf bat whack-a-mole, and is something THE COMMUNITY IN GENERAL wants...outside of a few sniveling noses crying "esport" that is complete BS, MWO will never be an esport.

Except the SAME developer is who is developing that one...

#129 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 05 September 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

The code is I am human and leads to a brief press release.

lol thanks I did eventually figure it out.

#130 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 05 September 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

If a company did that with every dollar, nobody would ever be able to branch out with new projects or new ventures.

Generally, we prefer our old projects to be more successful (or terminated mercifully) before new ones are added.

And you know, there's that laundry list of promised additions here that might do wonders.
And overseas servers.
And a decent coding staff.

Little things. Instead, PGI is splitting it's attention to chase the next big trend, and that cannot be good for MWO.

#131 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

Ok, so aside from the typical trolling, is anything known about this? Could this be a Mechwarrior expansion? If not I am not sure what to think other than I hope it is good and Mechwarrior keeps getting better.

#132 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:55 PM

Oh dear, but it's your reputation PGI/IGP (not the same at all, we totally believe you).

#133 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

Found some early concept art...

Spoiler

#134 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

12/2013: Russ explains that MWO has a team of 45 developers, some forced to work double-duty

05/2014: Russ brags about PGI's rash of hiring, citing a 25% growth over a 6 month period

06/2014: PGI anonymously registers a landing page for their new scifi exploration game

09/2014: Bryan tells us MWO sustains a team of 35-40 developers (-22% to -11% "growth")

PGI's been growing, but the MWO team's been shrinking, and the space game has been a thing for at least three months at this point; at the very least, it's been serving as a quarter-long distraction for management that has chronically coupled poor team management with tone-deaf community relations.

#135 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 05 September 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

I know some individuals here have some pretty strong concerns about both this project and MWO. I just want to make it clear that vulgarity or excessively negative attitudes will not be welcomed here. We are more than willing to hear out your burning questions if they are presented constructively. If you have no desire to share in the excitement or curiosity of this event, we wish you the best and hope you continue to enjoy MechWarrior Online.

I say post your book for where our money is going. SO WE DONT HAVE A REPEAT OF MECHWARRIOR TACTICS! Complete transparency. YOu do that and Ill keep putting money in every month.

#136 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostTKSax, on 05 September 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Well if this in another PGI Game... I know one thing... they will not get a single cent from me.

A good way to rage your community. Because if you fail to deliver current game MWO with so many problems i see IGP / PGI is getting bad name is spreading. Same as the Tactics game were Founders money were spend on. Way to go PGI next thing before you know its your doomfall.

All i ask is transparency.

Edited by Sarlic, 05 September 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#137 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

I'd be more excited to see a new IP if MWO had been treated right.

So best of luck PGI and while I'm curious about the game, I'm going to take a wait and see attitude because if this is PGI's attempt to tap into the Star Citizen, No Man Sky, you better come up with a hum dinger of an idea to get people's attention. And if you do that, everyone here on the MWO forums are going to go. "Why the hell didn't you do that for this game!"

#138 FrOdO

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

It will be billed as a Star Citizen / Elite Dangerous, with a huge universe to explore, online player interaction, and the ability to shape the game world through decisions that are made through the community.

We will get a few ships to start in an alpha phase to combat one another in a arena type mode and then, 2 years later we will still wonder where the rest of development has gone regarding all the other features as we still receive new ships (just the cockpit/can't walk around) and fix attempts for a broken arena shooter.

Fool me once, shame on you.... Fool me twice......no.....nope......

#139 NARCoMAN

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 September 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

Concerns about where the money goes is absolutely founded, and the short answer is net MWO proceeds after taxes, royalties to Microsoft etc... - go directly into the development of MWO. The speed of development is largely relative to the amount of money coming in from sales. Those sales keep a team of around 35-40 people (we have external contractors) working full time on MWO development and live operations.

Our new game development is funded from a different source and we have been recruiting new talent exclusively for this project. We did move some staff around internally as needed to accommodate two productions, and their will be some shared resources (marketing, customer service, QA).

I totally believe you. #2013

#140 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostSaxie, on 05 September 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

wait for the counter to be reset after 3 days.

Yes.........to 3049...........LOL!

On another note. My morning has been too much fun so far....or rather mixed feelings of entertainment and disappointment together.... I've pretty much used up my "likes" on this thread today. :)

<S>

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users