#auniversetoexplore

244 replies to this topic

#201 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:54 AM

pff... so they can´t get the proper staff for MWO funded, but no problem to start a parallel project? makes me think many things... ah i forgot, they just don´t care...

Edited by Alex Warden, 06 September 2014 - 04:55 AM.

#202 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 06 September 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

Those guys have their own things that they are doing really well.
We might share the space theme; We are not out to replicate the gameplay of other upcoming titles.

Niko,

I know this is off topic of the quote, but it was the best way to address this directly to you.

You're probably the only PGI employee that we, the unwashed masses, see regularly on this...the official MW:O forums. Which makes sense, being the community manager and all.

I'm curious, about something and I'm trying to approach it in the most mature manner I can. The "powers that be" at PGI (be it Russ or Paul or whoever) can't possibly be oblivious to this, can they? I can't think of a single business out there that would sit back and smugly let all this negative feedback go past them without changing any form of company policy.

This really doesn't bode well, man. And you can take that from one of the most negative people on the forums in the first place. If I can see the White Knights taking down their banners and crossing the line to the Dark Side, it should be fairly obvious to everyone else.

I wish you the best, man, really I do...but until something is done at the higher levels of the company, it's going to start a serious backward slide. Expect some serious negative press from this one.

#203 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:12 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 05 September 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Greetings,

This is the official off-topic thread for exploring universes.

View PostWillard Phule, on 06 September 2014 - 05:01 AM, said:

Niko,

I know this is off topic of the quote, but it was the best way to address this directly to you.

You're probably the only PGI employee that we, the unwashed masses, see regularly on this...the official MW:O forums. Which makes sense, being the community manager and all.

I'm curious, about something and I'm trying to approach it in the most mature manner I can. The "powers that be" at PGI (be it Russ or Paul or whoever) can't possibly be oblivious to this, can they? I can't think of a single business out there that would sit back and smugly let all this negative feedback go past them without changing any form of company policy.

This really doesn't bode well, man. And you can take that from one of the most negative people on the forums in the first place. If I can see the White Knights taking down their banners and crossing the line to the Dark Side, it should be fairly obvious to everyone else.

I wish you the best, man, really I do...but until something is done at the higher levels of the company, it's going to start a serious backward slide. Expect some serious negative press from this one.

Nikolai is a good guy. He has my respect. The only one who i like actually.

#204 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:12 AM

Here is one game I KNOW I won;t be crowd funding...ever. I highly doubt I will be playing.

I don't need a MWO port to a space map with one dimensional game play. I wonder when the people juggling will move Paul to balance this new game? LOL

Edited by Chemie, 06 September 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#205 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

Am I the only one who see's Clan packs 50% off sale coming soon :) PGI need to milk more funds for the new failure...

#206 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostDiellur, on 06 September 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

it appears that they have been using MWO to keep a revenue stream going.

Really? You think so? :rolleyes: Its a good thing no other company in the history of ever has done that, let alone decide to try and use that heretical revenue stream to branch out and *gasp* maybe generate more revenue!

Im interested to see what this is, but doubt Ill be interested, Im very picky about my games.....and Ive still only found one set of space games I really like.

#207 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostTanreh, on 06 September 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Posted ImageAlymbic, on 06 September 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:

With respect Niko, I think you may have made a very poor strategic move here. Given the current feeling on the MWO forums about game development, it may have been more tactful to not release a tease for this new game and instead wait until you have a more detailed write up. All that you have done in this thread is fuel the negativity in the forums due to a lack of information and pure speculation. It is certainly far from the ideal way to introduce a new game, especially if it is a new IP.

Actually I feel kind of sypathetic with Niko here. I can imagine that the job as Community Manager is not easy with all the (rightful) negative comments at the forums. I can also imagine that he would like to do some positive stuff and trying to raise some
hopeful expectations is for sure something which would brighten his day.

I fully know how it feels if you have to tell people about unpopular decisions...more strongly so if you have been ordered by your superiors to do so while you by yourself are sharing exactly the opposite opinion.

Perhaps it was a shimmer of hope for Nico himself that he wanted to generate some positive feedback everybody of us likes and needs from time to time. I am sure the decision was not his and that he is trying to provide some positive aspects.

It is as usual...the people making the decisions are not the ones who are face to the costumers...they are hiding most of the time and perhaps it is just this experience which kind of rattled me when I read your post, Stefka...

I seriously think that Niko didn't earn this comment

Edit: Typos...

Fine, let's replace "he" with "they", PGI as a whole.

I managed to hold my money into my pocket, untill clan package went out; because I seriously thought that something was going to change. New mechs, CW coming..... "soon", etc.
You understand NIko, and surely understand how player base feels. I'm feeling quite back stabbered.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 06 September 2014 - 05:41 AM.

#208 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

Piranha is best known for our latest endeavor — MechWarrior Online, an online free-to-play giant robot combat game.

ITS MECHS, NOT ROBOTS. Even you should know that by now.

MechWarrior Online's incredibly successful Founder's Program proved that we can work directly with our backers to help build a game for the community.

Working with the backers? The guys on an island? LOL.

FrOdO, on 06 September 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

It will be billed as a Star Citizen / Elite Dangerous, with a huge universe to explore, online player interaction, and the ability to shape the game world through decisions that are made through the community.

Nikolai Lubkiewicz, on 06 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:
We might share the space theme; We are not out to replicate the gameplay of other upcoming titles.

So you dont have all that gameplay that actually makes people want to play these games?
I wonder what this game will have that you think will make me want to play it.

#209 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

I wouldn't touch ANY game these guys put out in the future, after seeing this epic failure that MWO has become.

I will also strive to make sure people know about what they can expect from the leadership at PGI, based on my experiences since Closed Beta.

PGI, do you guys really expect to be able to launch another game and have ANY success? Like, haven't you shot your own foot off enough in public?

#210 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 September 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Thanks Clan pack purchasers, for funding PGI with the cash they needed to start another project. <_<

Dam, its really looking like that isn't it?

Did we just get moved to a less expensive server to make room for the "new game"?
Cause my connectivity problems have not gone away, and NO its not on my end.

#211 Pope RW

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

They can't handle the development of this game let alone another one.

#212 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 06 September 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

I will really lough my a** off if they use the same engine. After all, it was the engine they time and again blamed for most of the missing features, broken deadlines etc.

You... You are aware Star Citizen uses the same engine as this, right? Lots more work done to it but the same beating heart underneath... >.>

#213 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

Piranha is best known for our latest endeavor — MechWarrior Online, an online free-to-play giant robot combat game.

Aren't they mechanized tanks, not really robots? Who said they were robots?

and Piranha is going to be best known for something other than their "latest endeavor"

dam, this is really sad news...

#214 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:36 AM

And its plain to see, if you have an account with SC RSI know what they are doing with cryENGINE, PGI have no sodding clue.

#215 Cpt Zaepp

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOn Alpine, Hamburger Hill, watching my team spreading out like a cheap prostitute on Solaris VII...

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:36 AM

Finally, a Space Sim game, that's what the market needs right now!

There are almost no upcoming Space Sim Games around these days.

:ph34r:

#216 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostSarlic, on 06 September 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

Nikolai is a good guy. He has my respect. The only one who i like actually.

That's kind of why I was trying to be respectful and mature. You see people asking Russ and Paul things on the forums all the time with no response. I'm kind of curious to get Niko's take on all of this. He's probably the only guy at PGI that communicates with us.

#217 headbasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:54 AM

Hope MWO doesn't get the Tribes Ascend treatment.

#218 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

View PostFut, on 05 September 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Bryan's Twitter:

Of course it's separate. How foolish of us to think otherwise.
I'm not mad, Bryan... I'm just disappointed.

It is a separate team...it was separate as soon as the gutted the MWO develop team by carving them off into a separate team. Of course all money for MWO stays with MWO....all $1 of what is coming in goes to pay for the new "lower cost, lower performance" server room and the cricket in the MWO development room.

#219 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:59 AM

heh, this made me laugh, just goes to show how pathetic pgi are

http://www.reddit.co...ms_and_banning/

#220 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 06 September 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

Niko, we you say "we" I assume you mean the separate teams...that are separate...but since you are on MWO, what "we" do you mean"? "they" are "we"?

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users