Mech Warrior Living Legends??

57 replies to this topic

#1 Darsh

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

This is probably not the right section to discuss this.. but hope no one gets mad. I can't wait to start playing MWO.. and I've been looking into other mech games in the meantime to satisfy my craving if only for a short period of time. I found out someone made a Crysis Wars mod called Mech Warrior Living Legend.. anyone tried this? I'd have to buy Crysis Wars on Steam first to be able to play this mod.. so i'm just wondering if its worth my money and time until MWO launches.. Thanks! :)

#2 McScwizzy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostDarsh, on 22 June 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

This is probably not the right section to discuss this.. but hope no one gets mad. I can't wait to start playing MWO.. and I've been looking into other mech games in the meantime to satisfy my craving if only for a short period of time. I found out someone made a Crysis Wars mod called Mech Warrior Living Legend.. anyone tried this? I'd have to buy Crysis Wars on Steam first to be able to play this mod.. so i'm just wondering if its worth my money and time until MWO launches.. Thanks! :)

YES! YES! and YES! It is definitely worth the money. It is a different than any other MW game as it focuses on combined arms combat, but it is REALLY fun once you get used to it.

#3 Darsh

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

Are there lots of players? and servers? ect?

#4 Velocity178

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

I bought it just for that mod. It is very well made, installing it was a bit difficult, but it is definitely worth the money.

#5 McScwizzy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostDarsh, on 22 June 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

There are lots of servers and two filled at any given time during peak hours. During odd hours during the day you will more than likely have one server full. Most servers fit 28 people. On the weekends and weeknights there are a couple hundred people online.

View PostVelocity178, on 22 June 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

I bought it just for that mod. It is very well made, installing it was a bit difficult, but it is definitely worth the money.

Should have tried installing it on opening day, that was a nightmare.

#6 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Ive only seen two servers with any number of people on them. One gives me an error and the other is always full. Id LIKE to play this mod lol

#7 Darsh

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Nice.. thanks guys.. Im going to look into this for sure... All I need is Crysis Warhead and not Crysis .. correct?

#8 xti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGermany (Pfalz)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yes, you´ll need the multiplayer part of crysis warhead called crysis wars (which is included).
remember to start a multiplayer game with crysis wars before you install mwll to make sure your profile gets created.

a detailed guide on how to install mwll is here : http://wiki.mechlivi...to_Install_MWLL

best regards and have fun.

Edited by xti, 22 June 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#9 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Best mech game available :)

#10 xenoglyph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Try it you'll like it. You should be able to buy a digital download at Amazon for about $13.00 if you want to save a few bucks.

#11 Darsh

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Awesome! thanks alot for all your help! I'm downloading Crysis Wars as we speak :) thanks for helping me make up my mind! :)

#12 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostDarsh, on 22 June 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Awesome! thanks alot for all your help! I'm downloading Crysis Wars as we speak :) thanks for helping me make up my mind! :)

I want to check it out now!

#13 hornet331

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

good mod, but pretty much "unplayable" most of the time, since 90% of the people are new players, which means no banking, no coordination, just "lulz i are drive mech" and when on the other side there are only 2 or 3 people that bank you face a lance of heavies in 15min or so while your team barley can field any mediums and that means game over...

#14 Saevus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationRight side of Upside down

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

I got it when I found out about it, it is definately a hoot. I wiped my machine recently and need to reinstall it. My one big gripe is that I hate the way money works, I always manage to get a decent mech with about 3 minutes left in a round. The one time I got one really early, I got raped by Aerospace. I hate most games with planes, helicopters and the like. I want to fight robot to robot, not robot to guy with a flight sim setup in his basement. Same reason I get tired of BF3 so quickly....spawn, die to helicopter......sigh. I digress.....Living legends is well worth the investment of the core game, and hey, you get the core game...which I played a bit and it wasn't terrible.

Edited by Saevus, 22 June 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#15 KageRyuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Not really, most number of players i've seen on one time are 75.

#16 Legendary357

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts
  • LocationIn my CATA-3d coring you

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

yes but there is always players on, i have yet to log in and not have one full server to play on.

#17 White Lightning

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

MWLL is a fun game, I generally play on Huntress. Definitely worth checking out.

#18 darkrei9n

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Personally I don't like it. MWLL encourages you to sit back and snipe with long range weaponry and the fact that a single tank can be on par with a heavy mech just makes me want to cry.

#19 xenoglyph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

View Postdarkrei9n, on 22 June 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Personally I don't like it. MWLL encourages you to sit back and snipe with long range weaponry and the fact that a single tank can be on par with a heavy mech just makes me want to cry.

tanks get stuck if you're careless, are vulnerable to aircraft, and have **** poor maneuverability. I'll still a noob but I think tanks are mostly just a stepping stone to decent mechs...

also, whether or not sniping is an effective tactic depends mostly on the map...I've been in plenty of brawls. I like the fact that MWLL encourages careful thought out play. It's definitely no arcade game.

Edited by xenoglyph, 23 June 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#20 Freyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

The community for MWLL is pretty much silent. Nobody's there to be friendly, teamwork doesn't exist, and there's usually only a few servers with activity. It can be fun, but it's hard to really get a comparable feeling to say.. Mechwarrior 2, 3, or 4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users