80 replies to this topic

#1 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:26 PM

I thought it would be nice to remind players of the Code of Conduct. There's been a lot of threads lately in direct violation and this has necessitated quite a bit of moderation... all of which could be prevented if we understand the CoC and submit our concerns to PGI via the appropriate avenues instead.

Also, bunnies.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Tarogato, 08 March 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

Posted Image

#3 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

Seriously?

#4 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostMead, on 08 March 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

Seriously?

Totally serious. My thread got locked and my post got redacted when I talked about how good a few players were that I legitimately respect. I just wanted to make sure that people are aware, however, that talking about them is against the CoC before they go posting willy-nilly and such.

#5 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:48 PM

View PostTarogato, on 08 March 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Totally serious. My thread got locked and my post got redacted when I talked about how good a few players were that I legitimately respect. I just wanted to make sure that people are aware, however, that talking about them is against the CoC before they go posting willy-nilly and such.

Well, then, I guess I shouldn't say that I think you play really well and that I think your really good at the game?

#6 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:49 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 08 March 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

Well, then, I guess I shouldn't say that I think you play really well and that I think your really good at the game?

Gonna have to report you for saying that, scumbag.

Posted Image

#7 Spr1ggan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

View PostTarogato, on 08 March 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Don't talk about players whom you respect for being very good at the game. It is confirmed name & shame. In fact, I would advise you don't talk about other players at all because it IS against the Code of Conduct. Link provided there, I advise everyone go read it - lord knows I haven't.Things are pretty tight around here, which is understandable given the circumstances and I completely respect that. Especially with how certain people can get out of control.

Spoiler

Yeah there was nothing wrong with the thread you made before. For some reason though a certain mod seems to think that complimenting players is a form of shaming them... smh

Even if it is in the CoC, tearing down a harmless thread like that is what we refer to in the UK as being a jobsworth.

Edited by Spr1ggan, 08 March 2016 - 02:54 PM.

#8 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 March 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

There's no need for that kind of language or antagonisation here. Please keep things cordial.

View PostSpr1ggan, on 08 March 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yeah there was nothing wrong with the thread you made before. For some reason though a certain mod seems to think that complimenting players is a form of shaming them... smh

Even if it is in the CoC, tearing down a harmless thread like that is what we refer to in the UK as being a jobsworth.

This thread is to inform and remind other posters of CoC and moderation policy, not to discuss it (which is in violation of CoC if you read it). Please be more careful, this is the kind of thing I'd prefer to avoid if at all possible.

Edited by Tarogato, 08 March 2016 - 03:02 PM.

#9 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

View PostTarogato, on 08 March 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

There's no need for that kind of language or antagonisation here. Please keep things cordial.

#10 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,755 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

View PostSpr1ggan, on 08 March 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Maybe the sarcasm under Twinky's little note wasn't caught?

#11 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

I guess the WoB doesn't want pilots to compliment each other or it could start "cooperation" between people.

Blakists, jeesh. Next thing they'll be nuking threads.

#12 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 March 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostTarogato, on 08 March 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

Seriously, there's no need to be such a barbarian Fup.

#13 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:58 PM

We can't compliment or shame each other. Seems like a push to make us all MEDIOCRE.

#14 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:01 PM

View PostVashramire, on 08 March 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

We can't compliment or shame each other. Seems like a push to make us all MEDIOCRE.

Mirrroring Pauls balancing decisions for the past 3 years.

#15 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostTarogato, on 08 March 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

I saw that thread, and to be honest, I was fairly convinced that you were using "Highly skilled Players" as a euphemism for "cheating", which is why I didn´t even continue reading after you started naming units. So I can very easily see how someone else could also get that impression.

And I have no problem admitting that that´s where I clicked the report button, possibly prematurely, but it is the mod`s job to check whether the reports are valid or not.

Maybe it´s just your style of writing and /or your opening of a new thread with a similar subject matter every time a thread of yours gets locked, but even this thread comes across as complaining...in this case about being moderated, which would also be a breach of the CoC as you have stated.

So, to the casual onlooker (which includes most Mods on any forum ever, becasue they do not usually spend 24 /7 reading every thread front to back) it probably appears that you are outright attempting to stretch the rules so far that you get banned for it. And I´m not entirely convinced that´s not the case to be honest.... Posted Image

Edited by Zerberus, 08 March 2016 - 03:23 PM.

#16 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:20 PM

If you read the CoC closely, posting at all is probably a violation.

#17 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

You know, I'm not really that surprised when a moderator misunderstands a joke thread. I mean, it was obviously a joke thread, but I can understand that a moderator has x amount of time to spend moderating threads and makes a hasty decision now and again, especially when talking about satire. (Would be nice if they went back and rectified the situation when brought to their attention though)

What really surprises me is that 50% of the posters in these threads seem to have no understanding of satire unless you include a huge, animated clown gif to underline the fact that you're joking. And even if you do point it out, you still have the "not entirely convinced" crowd.

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

View Postsycocys, on 08 March 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Oh no, what have I done...

Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 08 March 2016 - 03:21 PM.

#19 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

View PostZerberus, on 08 March 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

I saw that thread, and to be honest, I was fairly convinced that you were using "Highly skilled Players" as a euphemism for "cheating", which is why I didn´t even continue reading after you started naming units.

Maybe it´s just your style of writing and /or your opening of a new thread with a similar subject matter every time a thread of yours gets locked, but even this thread comes across as complaining...in this case about being moderated, which would also be a breach of the CoC as you have stated.

So, to the casual onlooker (which includes most Mods on any forum ever, becasue they do not usually spend 24 /7 reading every thread front to back) it probably appears that you are outright attempting to stretch the rules so far that you get banned for it. And I´m not entirely convinced that´s not the case to be honest.... Posted Image

Being facetious is essentially brilliance that is lost upon the masses...

#20 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:21 PM

View Postsycocys, on 08 March 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Not far from the truth. Mentioning "inappropriate body functions" is against the CoC. Make a fart joke, and it's your a**.

(Tried to make a pun, but I can't mention inappropriate bodyparts.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users