4 replies to this topic

#1 Ahne

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

Whished features,improvements,complains of the current state of mwo and bugs i wanted to share with all of you. I really want to help to improve the game and i need to show some of my experiences i have gathered over the time playing mwo. I had to write the things down and i hope this will help to improve mwo somehow.

//this summary is not complete and there will be way more little and big things out there who have to be written down here

Game related:

1.we definately need the gamemodi 4v4, 8v8 before choosing skirmish/conquest/assault with specific tonnage requirments (for example max tonnage for a 4v4 per lance at 250 tons)

--> these gamemodi would drastically improve the strategical/tactical part of the game and removes some balance issues,also it would increase the playability on some maps who are obviously not designed to be filled with 24 mechs (Forest Colony, Caustic Valley, Frozen City, HPG Manifold)

2.we still dont have a replay function,very frustrating if you want to analyze competitive games or if you want to save awesome matches to show your friends or the community

2.solo/coop missions against bots (far future hopes)

3.more maps and better mapdesign (consider gamemodi and match sizes (12v12 and 8v8,4v4 hopefully implemented in the near future because some maps are obviously not designed to drop 12v12

4.more weapon variety to increase the number of builds and tactics and also to put some serious step in to better balancing possibilities by including some increased hardpoint (internal structure requirements) for some weapons to kill some "unlogical" build setups like 2xAC20/gauss jager or an ac10 spider (i ignore the bad efficiency of the mechs as an excuse to be allowed to mount those weaponry) , those massive weapons are exclusivly designed to be mountable on assault mechs or some specialized heavy mechs

--> increased balancing if you combine these change with the addition of more weapon i have mentioned under game related point 4, for example : light gauss rifle,light PPC,x-pulse laser,bombast laser

5.it would be amazing to see more quirks released who are specific designed for some mechs, for example a "30% increased sensor strenght quirk" for locust mech or an "20% increased torso twist speed" quirk for an banshee mech, the awesome is the best example how great these quirks can be and improve the game

6.more variety in mech moduls, for example some ideas:
-modul "10% reduced dmg taken from ballistic weapons"
-modul "10% reduced dmg taken from energy weapons"
-modul "10% reduced dmg taken from missle weapons"
-modul "halfs the duration of attached narc beacon"
-modul "increase overall internal structure by 5 points"
-modul "decrease the chance of jamming of UAC cannons by 20%"
-modul "40% increase of JJ thrust for increased heat generation of JJ by 40%"
-->i would also love to see an effectiveness improvement of the modul "improved gyrostabilizer" around 40% to be finally usefull

7.it would be amazing too to see the internal structure requirement of ferro-fibrious armor reduced to 10 slots instead of 14 (because the endo-steel is superior in saving tonnage and it would allow some new builds)

8.i really want to see a mapfilter or some possibility to devote 1 or 2 maps you dont want to play ever (i hate alpine peaks in the current state and terra therma)

Ingame related:

1.if the match overview screen appears in the beginning of the match you cant see yourself/lance highlighted with some color, also you have complete unnecessary map "informations", for example the amount of surface water in percentage (wtf) , also you dont see the spawn points of the lances and you dont see bases, capture points and very important stuff that would help to plan the team movements before the match actually begins, on top of that the whole priority of the chat message system in the ingame match overview is broken, what i mean is that if i write some stuff in the first appeared match overview hud or while the animation of my cockpit "starts" or the endmatch overview appears my previous typing into the chat gets deleted

2.we dont have the option to deactivate the first cockpit start up animation but we still can start in third person, weird

3.if you look at the chat while the match is going on or at the end at the match result overview, you cant scroll up to see previous messages in the chat again

4.we need better designed spawnpoints for some maps with specific gamemodi like skirmish and assault (worst example terra therma)

Menu related:

1.triple logout, yes if you want to quit the game you have to press logout in the mainmenue, then press quit in the login menue to finally press ok to quit...who the **** invented that,if i decide to quit the game i dont want to be asked 2 times again if i'm really sure to quit, holy moly

2.the shop and the garage needs some serious tweaking, inside the shop/garage i cant hardly search
for specific mech parameter or mechs, inside the shop you have no informations about the mechs you are interested in buying (how the mech looks,what equipment he has, how many chassis it has and so on)

3.the ability to quickly get in contact with other players from a match you have played before is lacking, also you dont have a overview of your last finished matches (match history)

4.if you are in a group of players and you start searching a match, you are unable to use the chat in the whole time of searching, also you cant visit your mechlab or look other stuff, really low quality UI 2.0, do the designer of this UI 2.0 even play the game and see what they are doing?

5.the mwo mechlab is in a very bad spot right now and needs some serious improvements, just everything in there is not optimized and well organized, also missing features and overview

Faction related:

1. the continue blinking of the friendlist after loggin in into the main menu seems to be a bug, even without a new message of the day or any other message you will get those blinking

2.a feature that would let you create lance/mech type groups as a faction leader in a similar way how the "create a rank" option works would be awesome, it would help the organization of the whole unit by "drag n drop" members with specialized and prefered mechs into fitting lance groups or groups for holding pilots of assault/light mechs etc.

Bugs:

1.if you are in a match and you hit esc, then click on quit once, then press esc again and you are back in the match with an "quit button" overlay that you cant click until you press esc again and cancel the quit

2.if you are in a match and press the move forward button fast repeaditly while gaining some speed and than suddenly press and hold the move backwards button you will see an positive accelleration indicator(green bar at the top end (halfed!?)) while accellerating in a negative direction, see the picture for more info

Posted Image

3.self declared hardpoints will be switched to hard allocated hardpoints by the mechlab even if it shows the correct order while saving, example for the highlander side missle tubes specialy created to hold 1x20 lrm and 1x for example 6srm, the mechlab instead will arrange the lrm 20 missle in the little tube with only max 10 openings and put the srm6 into the tube with max 20 openings

4.outdated weapon 3d-models/wrong models for some mechs if you equipp them, also some texture glitches on some mechs, for example on the back of the orion chassis on the right side or some missing pixels on the banshee back if you run on some maps with light shining through them

5.bugs related to maps, texture flickering (example tunnel in crimson strait), falling through the map textures into an parallel universe (example tomaline desert,crimson strait,caustic valley), stuck in weird placed (example crimson strait, caustic valley,hpg manifold) and very important invisible walls/bad hitboxes of assets (example crystalls/structures on tomaline desert, hpg manifold)

6.an very old bug, the "ams" shoots on missles even when you are running through a tunnel and the target of the missles is above the tunnel, you lose some of your short available ams ammumition for nothing, also its irritating

Weapon balance:

1.decrease the NARC range from 450m to something about 300m or decrease the active time of the NARC to 10sec

-->NARC is one of the most powerful weapons you can have to lead your team to victory, with only two lrm boats you can kill an 100ton assault in ~5 sec, the 450 meter range to narc is way to far for its enourmous strenght also the 20 sec of activity is ridiculous, NARC also counters ECM pretty hard

2.LRM meta is disruptive to the gameplay, maybe only depends on team/match sizes, 12v12 is the best place the LRM meta could exists and exist, with introducing of max. tonnage required 8v8 and 4v4 matches this problem will be gone

-->but so fare we dont have those 8v8,4v4 and so i believe that a higher heat penalty should be applied for firing lrm's and the extreme cockpit impacts must be nerfed to the size of the ac2 nerf, even if you have the "joke" module "improved gyrostabilizer" installed you will get shaked to death and you have a hard time to shoot back

Edited by Ahne, 09 September 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#2 LTGear

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

this is the bug that i get after the patch 4500ms that's ****** insane!

#3 Ahne

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:02 AM

^

#4 Ahne

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades