#61 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 08 September 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

A nice rationalization, but it still doesn't make a lick of sense from an engineering standpoint. There's a reason that real-world auto cannons never caught on. The larger the round being fired, The breach block must move faster to maintain the same rate of fire. The breach block must also be larger/heavier in order to effectively handle the larger round.

Big heavy parts moving very fast require special consideration else the AC will quickly become more effective as a bomb than it is as a gun.

This is why modern tanks still fire single shots.

That's the thing though. Most ACs are actually small caliber. A few of the AC20s were big 185 MM cannons, and they fired 2-4 shots over the course of 10 seconds.

The most famous AC 20 is the Pontiac 100, which fired 100 (I wanna say 32mm rounds) each dealing 0.2 damage (makes sense considering the caliber), totaling up to 20 damage in 10 seconds.
So for them, the breach block was actually relatively small considering the size of the gun, allowing for the faster movement of the block.

#62 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

Guys, you re giving me ideas :)

#63 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

I don t know if you guys had try this mod, i did and i find it AWESOME!

Here is something completely different from MWO Weapon hardpoint and different from my proposition. I like it because it keep the customization of the mech but also seem to restrict some stuff. I haven't try this...but i guess it should help a little in MWO. I don t tell that's its perfect, but if you guys watch some match in this mod, you ll see that the weapons act differently and it seem that weapon convergence is less than in MWO. + the heat system seem less tolerant toward shooting many weapons in the same times (except for smaller weapons and even there....).

I like the fact that even IS mechs are modular for their arms, but side torsos can t be change....sure it act like an omnimech in some points but for a MOD i find that theses guys did put a lot of effort in it.

I m sure if MWO would have follow that example, ghost heat wouldn't be need for weapons, since MWLL heat system penalize a lot more.

Most of the time you always shoot one weapon at a time (except for smaller weapons), weapon convergence isnt like in MWO, missiles act pretty differently (not perfect but you could find cover easily) and etc.... with all this an high alpha mech isn't useful after all.

I've stop playing because there s not enough player on this mod (its only a mod...but damn they should have try making a game out of it....i would have buy it)

Maps are large! Trees are useful to protect yourself and can be destroy (lot of stuff can be destroy), you have active and passive radars, vehicles, battle armor.... I don t know but theses guys made me feel a true Mechwarrior game.

#64 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:36 PM

Lovely match

#65 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostAugustus Martelus II, on 07 September 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Hello all!

In fact, its a mix of MWO weapons hardpoints and MW4 Weapons Hardpoints. Boating would be more difficult to do since you would have a restriction on the size allocation for each weapon type + the number of weapons you could find.

But the timber wolf will be available for cb shortly and then everyone will be running around with some minimum number of LRM's that enmass will cause a flow of QQ the like we haven't seen in... week's.

Absolutely nothing can be done about facing on average 16x lrm 15's per match or 240 damage in 4 seconds and 480 in 8.
This is what the game has evolved into and what many founders have warned against.

#66 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostTombstoner, on 06 October 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

But the timber wolf will be available for cb shortly and then everyone will be running around with some minimum number of LRM's that enmass will cause a flow of QQ the like we haven't seen in... week's.

Absolutely nothing can be done about facing on average 16x lrm 15's per match or 240 damage in 4 seconds and 480 in 8.
This is what the game has evolved into and what many founders have warned against.

I know there s a huge problem about boating.... MWO heat system is forgiving pretty well huge alpha shot or continuous lrm spam shooting (first because LRM are an easy to alnd weapon, IS LRM, second the heat penalty only do small damage)

I remember when i was playing MWLL mod the heat system was harder to handle + basic variant of IS mechs were actually viable on the battlefield.... in MWO the current ghost heat system and heat system make these basic variant NOT viable.

I can t beleive that a few young develloppers were able to make a game mod that was better on those aspect vs MWO....sure MWO have better visual for mechs...if you ahvent play MWLL, watch a few match you ll spot the huge difference between MWO weapon system and MWLL weapon system.

MGs in MWLL goes to 1600 m!

Lasers act differently...lrms have a different flight path (kinda a little more realistic) and etc....

If you look carefully the MWLL LRM fight path you ll see that they don t all fall on the mech but mostly like a cluster...were a bunch come (getting destroy by ams), touch the mech and surrounding... not all aiming on the mech....and i m sure that per missiles, they do more damages...but with how they made it...they seem more balance and realistic.

#67 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

I just have one little nitpick with these "proposed hardpoints", and that is the Misery.
The stock loadout carries a Large Laser in the CT; it looks to me like your proposition does not allow that. :blink:

#68 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostWonderSparks, on 06 October 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

I just have one little nitpick with these "proposed hardpoints", and that is the Misery.
The stock loadout carries a Large Laser in the CT; it looks to me like your proposition does not allow that. :blink:

Well i did a mistake while doing the excel file, like i did see with one of the jeager variant. In fact its only showing something not saying to do it like this....but to put an image on a idea i had

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users