6 replies to this topic

#1 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

Anyone else noticed how easy it is to disarm an Atlas?

I noticed many round types leave damage spread equally on the torsos and arms, so after going down to some 50% damage all weapons on board can be frequently destroyed with one (1) strike.

With other mechs you can see some components more damaged than others but on he atlas it is mostly even.

Im not here every day so can someone please tell me if this a known issue?

Edited by Pilotasso, 08 September 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#2 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

Atlases are big targets that are easy to hit with relatively broad torso sections, and are a popular target for focus fire. I'm unaware of any current hitbox issues with the Atlas.

#3 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

The hardpoints of Atlas are too similar across all variants, people tend to always take out the right torso first if they can as the big guns are usually there.

#4 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostTorgun, on 08 September 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

The hardpoints of Atlas are too similar across all variants, people tend to always take out the right torso first if they can as the big guns are usually there.

Yup, and the better Atlas Pilots anticipate this and roll a lot of damage to the other side, resulting in the loss of Armor across the whole 'Mech. My Atlas is frequently zombied, lol.

Edit: This is what i love about the Boars Head, By having the AC20+ Medium Lasers on one side, and the SRM6 + Large Lasers on the other side means that while i lose exactly half of my Firepower when a torso gets taken, i deal 30 damage with both sides. So I'm less disadvantaged by losing that torso.

Edited by Reitrix, 08 September 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#5 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostReitrix, on 08 September 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Yup, and the better Atlas Pilots anticipate this and roll a lot of damage to the other side, resulting in the loss of Armor across the whole 'Mech. My Atlas is frequently zombied, lol.

I find it's kinda hard to roll Dual Gauss damage honestly.

#6 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostTorgun, on 08 September 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

I find it's kinda hard to roll Dual Gauss damage honestly.

The first shot .. No. Unless you knew he was there. In which case, why did you come out? :P
If i take a dual gauss shot, i will always present my shield side when rounding a corner to engage from that point forward.

Its information, If you can see the dual gauss, just turn side on. Those big shouldercaps on the Atlas arms are pretty awesome for taking damage.

#7 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

maybe I didn't emphasise enough: 1 shot of PPC for example deals de same amount of damage to torsos and arms. Sometimes hitting a side torso also deals damage to the legs. Is this normal?

and then theres the damage from a shot behind and dealt on the front.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users