5 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

What we could use is a social award for players. Take a tapering 4-sided monolith with a lighted point as a standing cockpit item to use as a reward.

If you like what a player did in-game you can purchase one of these for 1,000 C-Bills (In game money). While you cannot buy one for yourself, you can use it as a way to say thank you, you did a great job.

Monolith with Blue lighted point: Can only be issued by a person who has a founder status. A person can only receive one such monolith however.

Monolith with Green lighted point: Can only be issued by a person who has a non-founder status. A person can only receive one such monolith however.

Monolith with an Orange lighted point: If a player is elected to receive a Monolith by 100 players, they will get a monolith with an Orange lighted tip. As before, you only can get one.

Monolith with an Apple Green illuminated tip: The highest reward for receiving 1,000 receipts for receiving a monolith due to game play.

#2 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:51 AM

kinda cool idea - giving unknown team mates a reward of sorts for a job well done in Solo (PuG) matches.

I picked up some team mates that way. Liked their play style and the way they were team oriented. Added em to friend list and comms, and now they are a big part of the team. If an award had been / were available I certainly would have given it to them.

#3 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

Good idea, except for the Founder thing. Different rewards for teammates vs enemies.

#4 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

A cool reward for the enemy would be to put Cbills down for "bounties".

The best compliment you can pay to your enemy is to put a price on his head.

#5 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 08 September 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Monolith with Green lighted point: Can only be issued by a person who has a non-founder status. A person can only receive one such monolith however.

Monolith with an Orange lighted point: If a player is elected to receive a Monolith by 100 players,

Feels like a gifting oddity that there's a cost of 98 or 99 nothings before Orange (and then the thousand).

But overall, this is an awesome, healthy-minded idea~

#6 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'd like to see it extended to enemies as well, there's so many times I've been in awe at the pure artistry of the guy who killed me. Somehow "hey RandomMechDude, great shot!" doesn't really cut it (and often is taken as sarcasm, or missed completely due to the extremely transitory nature of our chat system).

So, yes. The ability to give kudos to both team mate and enemy, with enough kudos earning some kind of in-game display would be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users