Trial Mech Spam - Please, Allow Us To Remove Trial Mechs From Mechlab

24 replies to this topic

#1 Decep-Qi-Kons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

Listen, I have never bought a champion mech (apart from my Sarah's Jenner, which is only nominally a champion mech). I have a founders Cat, a Phoenix Shadow Hawk, Kit Fox and Timber Wolf, a Flame, and a Heavy Metal.

If you do the math, you'll see I've spent a good amount of money on this game.

I don't need trial mechs. I don't need to "rent-a-mech" to "get me started" on my mechwarrior career. If I buy a normal mech, I buy it with c-bills.

Why am I constantly bombarded with mechs I don't own and wont use? I have a sea of mechs, already, but with all this fluff interspersed with the mechs I own, it makes it hard to navigate what I do own.

Look, I understand you are trying to make money, and maybe wafting trial mechs under the noses of less veteran players works for you, but it just pisses me off every time I see them, especially when I am rifling through my mechs, looking for modules.

This problem AFFECTS my likeliness to play because, when I get bored with a mech, looking at the dizzying array of mechs that aren't mine to find the next mech I want to play increases the amount of time I'll be setting up my next unit. Having to shuffle modules around in my mech bays or search for engines I need, among all these mechs that aren't mine, is frustrating. Instead, I just turn off the game.

You know, never mind. I probably need this motivation to not play. Keep up the good work. After all, you've already gotten my money.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Or at the very least, put our Purchased Mechs first! :huh:

#3 Vertigo 1

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

Yep. It's come to the point where I get furious thinking about how many times we've asked for this (probably hundreds of times) and how long ago it's been requested (since UI 2.0 was launched), yet nothing is changed.

If I could "like" the OP post more than once, I would probably sit here all day clicking the "like" button.

#4 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

Do children really find this an issue?

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

Yes, mixing in Trials with the regular mechs is quite bad. I know the UI is on hold but would be a good thing to fix later on. I keep clicking the champion Atlas.

#6 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan of Yazoo, on 08 September 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

What the heck does that mean?
I'm 55, drop cash on the game as it suits me, and it bugs the crap out of me as well.

took them weeks to add a button to kill that incessant noise when you move the mouse cursor around. To fix the too many clicks to do anything, and seemingly no new stuff, but DAM we got gold mechs and stuff.

Please add a button to kill the trial mechs.......please....finally........soon..........

#7 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

It's an annoyance, and would be a nice bit of functionality to introduce to the UI.

I would appreciate a Trials only tab, and have my Purchased tab only show the mechs I infact own.

While we're making requests:
  • I would appreciate functions that strip all modules of a type (mech, consumable, weapon) off all my owned mechs in inventory.
  • I would appreciate the return of the four-square quick select favorite mechs, that was really useful if there are a few common builds you routinely flip between.
  • I would appreciate a line item telling me how much GXP I am earning in a match, much like the mech XP. I know its a simple calculation, and I don't mind it, but if I am asking for things for convenience, this would fit.

Edited by Murphy7, 08 September 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

This has been asked a million times they don't care.

Why do they show ammo for weapons I don't have on my mech? Can't we get a filter?

Why is there till a lrm lock bug after months?

Why do I have to click "yes" to everything! just flippen let me exit the game.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 08 September 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#9 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostThatDawg, on 08 September 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

What the heck does that mean?
I'm 55, drop cash on the game as it suits me, and it bugs the crap out of me as well.

took them weeks to add a button to kill that incessant noise when you move the mouse cursor around. To fix the too many clicks to do anything, and seemingly no new stuff, but DAM we got gold mechs and stuff.

Please add a button to kill the trial mechs.......please....finally........soon..........

Age is just a number. If you're [posting] about something irrelevant to function like the OP and many before him are, you can be 80 or you can be 10, but the behavior speaks volumes. I had 65 owned mechs, it doesn't cause issue enough for me to [post on the forums] when there are far more glaring issues.

Edited by John Wolf, 08 September 2014 - 09:43 AM.
Unconstructive. Stay on topic and don't target members.

#10 Vertigo 1

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan of Yazoo, on 08 September 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Age is just a number. If you're [posting] about something irrelevant to function like the OP and many before him are, you can be 80 or you can be 10, but the behavior speaks volumes. I had 65 owned mechs, it doesn't cause issue enough for me to [post on the forums] when there are far more glaring issues.

[Redacted] The overwhelming majority would like a simple filter/checkbox/ANYTHING to make navigating their 'Mechs easier, and it has been requested a thousand times over since the introduction of UI 2.0.

[Redacted] We aren't asking for much here, [Redacted] it probably requires an hour or two worth of coding to implement, but then again the UI's back-end code may be a nightmare to modify.

Edited by John Wolf, 08 September 2014 - 09:43 AM.
Removing comments to edited post. Focus on the game, don't respond to personal comments.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

Age is just a number. If you're pissing and moaning about something irrelevant to function like the OP and many before him are, you can be 80 or you can be 10, but the behavior speaks volumes. I had 65 owned mechs, it doesn't cause issue enough for me to come throw a tantrum on the forums like a small, spoiled child when there are far more glaring issues.

Inefficiencies are not irrelevant to the function of a user interface. Rather, they are its stock in trade. And this is one of the most obnoxious inefficiencies in a UI almost entirely comprised of them.

#12 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostVertigo 1, on 08 September 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

There's a difference between throwing a tantrum and making a reasonable request like the OP has made. The overwhelming majority would like a simple filter/checkbox/ANYTHING to make navigating their 'Mechs easier, and it has been requested a thousand times over since the introduction of UI 2.0.

If anyone's post seems immature, it's yours to be honest. We aren't asking for much here, and no one in this thread has been particularly nasty about the request...it probably requires an hour or two worth of coding to implement, but then again the UI's back-end code may be a nightmare to modify.

That's why this is in General Discussion with an air of "I spent money on this game, so I can make demands then make subtle passive-aggressive barbs" instead of Feature Suggestions asking for a checkbox is real mature.

I'd love to not see trial mechs. I'd love a checkbox to display only the ammo I need for the weapons equipped. I'd love to see tweaks to the UI.

But what I did was went into Feature Suggestions and asked. I didn't go to General Discussion and wave my receipt around and make demands.

#13 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 08 September 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

Inefficiencies are not irrelevant to the function of a user interface. Rather, they are its stock in trade. And this is one of the most obnoxious inefficiencies in a UI almost entirely comprised of them.

Yes, they are annoying and are inefficient. But they don't prevent you from playing the game. Nor do they impact the way the game plays, which is why I'm not surprised this hasn't been touched by PGI, they've struggled to address the elephants in the room.

#14 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan of Yazoo, on 08 September 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

Yes, they are annoying and are inefficient. But they don't prevent you from playing the game. Nor do they impact the way the game plays, which is why I'm not surprised this hasn't been touched by PGI, they've struggled to address the elephants in the room.

You said "irrelevant to function," not "irrelevant to gameplay." Perhaps I misunderstood, but they very much are relevant to UI function and detrimentally so. And, truly, they're detrimental to gameplay, too, since every bit of extra time wasted on UI inefficiencies costs playing time. I figure our group gets about one less drop an hour since UI2.0 due to its poor design. That's not irrelevant to all.

#15 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 08 September 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

You said "irrelevant to function," not "irrelevant to gameplay." Perhaps I misunderstood, but they very much are relevant to UI function and detrimentally so. And, truly, they're detrimental to gameplay, too, since every bit of extra time wasted on UI inefficiencies costs playing time. I figure our group gets about one less drop an hour since UI2.0 due to its poor design. That's not irrelevant to all.

Yeah, I definitely could've worded that better to prevent confusion. The crap UI hasn't slowed me down any, but my usual mechs haven't changed. It really only makes my mech lab periods a PITA. I could (and did, and probably should do so again) make a list of changes I'd like to streamline the UI. New players in our unit have the damndest time in it.

#16 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

OP comes in with an obvious issue to some, you come in with an insult.. but somehow the op is the child..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#17 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

OH, I see, the passive aggressive narcissist arrives. YOUR problems, "glaring issues" are vastly more important than ours?
Toddle along then, we're having a grown up conversation

#18 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan of Yazoo, on 08 September 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

That's why this is in General Discussion with an air of "I spent money on this game, so I can make demands then make subtle passive-aggressive barbs" instead of Feature Suggestions asking for a checkbox is real mature.

I'd love to not see trial mechs. I'd love a checkbox to display only the ammo I need for the weapons equipped. I'd love to see tweaks to the UI.

But what I did was went into Feature Suggestions and asked. I didn't go to General Discussion and wave my receipt around and make demands.

There's already a 5 Page thread in feature suggestion. As far as I can tell, every single response is agreeing that they would like this feature implemented. This is just the most recent request. People have been asking for this since UI 2.0. PGI hasn't even so much as given us a "We can't do that because...". Should our next step be to just give up?

#19 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

Ah...we're trolling now, I see.

Well, you're a relative child in this game with only 65 owned mech.

Am I doing it right?

#20 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 08 September 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Ah...we're trolling now, I see.

Well, you're a relative child in this game with only 65 owned mech.

Am I doing it right?

I'm actually getting younger. I just sold another 20, so I'm at 45.

View PostLauLiao, on 08 September 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

There's already a 5 Page thread in feature suggestion. As far as I can tell, every single response is agreeing that they would like this feature implemented. This is just the most recent request. People have been asking for this since UI 2.0. PGI hasn't even so much as given us a "We can't do that because...". Should our next step be to just give up?

Then why do people even bother posting new ones?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users