Additional Bonuses For Being A Loyalist In Cw

No replies to this topic

#1 Black Stuart

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

I happen to like being a mercenary, and will probably remain one. But, I think that the game would greatly benefit from having two kinds of paths a player can choose from, a "mercenary" path (which wouldn't be really any different from what all players are on now), and a "loyalist" path. Being a loyalist should be more militarily regimented, but should also provide great benefits for the players who choose this path. I think pledging loyalty to a faction should provide:
  • Automatic access to faction paint jobs (I think this would provide a great atmosphere in community warfare if more players are showing their faction colors)
  • Receiving a free 'mech with a bay when reaching certain milestone ranks. For example, I think there should be a starter 'mech provided to all new recruits, then at maybe Sergeant, a new, more powerful 'mech, etc. What would add another layer of strategy, would be if the faction leadership could choose the 'mech variant and design the loadout, and make it so it can be mastered without having to unlock elite (maybe have the factions have a few unique 'mech variants only available to them).This would probably get many more players to pledge faction loyalty and also get involved in CW, especially since it can get so costly (without using MC) to build up enough c-bills to buy a 'mech. I think if these 'mechs are good, and don't require unlocking elite to master, it would also make this an attractive path for players who don't want to fool around in the Mech Lab like the rest of us, thus widening the appeal of CW and MWO in general, which is good for all of us.
  • Receive 10-30% less C-bills in CW matches as a result. Obviously, mercenaries should get payed more than the rank and file, especially if they are providing their own equipment.
  • Rank required to take Lance and Company command during CW matches. So to take Lance command, should require minimum rank of say Master Sergeant, or something like that, etc. I think many PUGs are reluctant to take a command, so often these go unused in PUG matches. It would be nice if they were automatically assigned to the highest ranked players, so it is just understood, and they would rather feel the responsibility to take charge, rather than feeling that taking command would be perceived as hubris. Of course, if they really don't want the responsibility, they should be able to refuse command and it will automatically assign to the next player down in rank. Also, if mercenaries are involved, they should be able to take command, but ties should be broken with loyalists of equal rank winning in all cases. I think for those playing PUG CW matches, this would be a great improvement and give a great sense of leadership and cooperation in matches. It has been stated before, it would be nice to see XP boosts or other bonuses for being successful in a command role to provide good incentives besides making it more likely your team will win through leadership.
I think to balance out the mercenary path, it would be nice if there were say a mercenary pilot tree that could provide certain bonuses for making more C-bills for example, "Salvage Negotiation"- Earn 10% more C-bills per kill in a match. "Asset Protector"- Earn 10% more C-bills for capturing. "Information Broker"- Earn 10% more C-bills for scouting. This would be great so mercenary pilots can play to their strengths for making some extra c-bills.

I think these two sort of paths, will really get more players involved in CW and improve the CW experience.

Edited by Black Stuart, 22 April 2015 - 10:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users