It's Actually Rather Nice Here Again...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

There's an atmosphere of hope in the air once again but it feels a bit more tangible than ever before.
Can't honestly say I've crossed the threshold of money parting from wallet again just yet but thing's are definitely moving at flank speed in the right direction. I'm in desperate need of more Blue colours for my Atlas to let these filthy clanners know who they're dealing with...

The player council is a brilliant idea, now we the community can really get our geth on and reach consensus much more efficiently.

The list of topics you're willing to discuss in depth with that council. Ballsy, I eagerly await to see how this holds up and I for one hope not to let the community down in moving towards brighter laser strewn horizons.

Reaching out to banned players, another good move "you can always judge how civilized a society is by how it treats its criminals"
Clans wave II - Certainly an improvement on the first waves rollout, I didn't feel offended by looking at it as before, dare I say even a little tempted :P

Split from IGP, good choice and definitely sink or swim time as a company, certainly motivating for a business and reassuring to players so heavily invested in such a franchise and willing to support it becoming something special.

General tone and attitude of some folk within PGI here on the forums.
There's an obvious level of respect and renewed enthusiasm that's clear in the way you guys seem to be approaching folk in the forums now more than before, it's nice to have that attitude be reciprocated also which I feel the majority of players are doing (Particularly those coming back to the fold after long absences).
There's been a lot more honest and transparent and more importantly direct communication on the forums and that's always a good thing.

Nice one fellas.

P.s. Any chance we'll see more tools available in the way of tactics and communication & the reward of such. Commo Rose, Lance bonuses etc?
Always sad when a Pug game turns to this...
https://www.youtube....dUsyXQ8Wrs#t=19

#2 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

A player council is a terrible idea, no game developer should give authority to players based on a popularity contest; and from what I have seen of "professional" and organized MWO play those players basically have the worst opinions about how the game be developed because their ideas cater only to the highest skill bracket disregarding what would be fun (if less fair).

All suggestions are secondary to in-game voip with strangers & and easy mute button. It's only 12 people, not all of whom will be using mics. Players in MWO struggle to work together when the enemy team has ECM and can't be painted, and it results in match losses caused by a lack of situational awareness that would otherwise not happen in any other game. Those are not good games, they're bad games; good games are close games.

Edited by divinedisclaimer, 20 September 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#3 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

View Postdivinedisclaimer, on 20 September 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

A player council is a terrible idea, no game developer should give authority to players based on a popularity contest; and from what I have seen of "professional" and organized MWO play those players basically have the worst opinions about how the game be developed because their ideas cater only to the highest skill bracket disregarding what would be fun (if less fair).

All suggestions are secondary to in-game voip with strangers & and easy mute button. It's only 12 people, not all of whom will be using mics. Players in MWO struggle to work together when the enemy team has ECM and can't be painted, and it results in match losses caused by a lack of situational awareness that would otherwise not happen in any other game. Those are not good games, they're bad games; good games are close games.

Except the council isn't given any authority. A more accurate term would be 'PGI's unpaid forum interns' who's job is to filter the forum content down to managable ideas. Ideas that are then put up for a poll where the forums vote on them.

So, yeah, that's a horrible idea :unsure:

#4 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Yeah they should choose people for that role carefully and make sure they aren't popular streamers or clan leaders. I have seen other game devs assign community moderators to deleterious effect in the past.

Separate the forum from the game.

Be fast and loose with long forum bans. You don't need the official forum to play the game.

Edited by divinedisclaimer, 20 September 2014 - 12:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users