15 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Diaz

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

It stings my wallet a bit.

It took a bit of soul searching. I knew I was going to go Elite, but when I saw Legendary, I stayed my hand. It was a hefty sum to just drop semi-blindly but... damnit, Battletech has been a part of my life too long. My wife even suggested that the groom's cake should be a battlemech, which I declined. Her family is comprised of stout outdoors-men and no one would really get it (besides, we married in a pretty rural area of Texas and our cake lady wouldn't have been able to do it justice). So instead, I went with a couple of dice that had rolled boxcars (It was important she got it right, didn't want snake-eyes on my cake, Critical Fail!).

Anyways, by the time the game goes beta in about a month+, the sting will have fadded. I couldn't not support this endeavor (and I couldn't stand the thought of picking the catapult and not getting the Jenner! Heavy is a safe bet but that Jenner looks Zippy!)

So, here's to many many years of Mechwarrior Online. May my contribution aid in the success of this franchise and the exposure of the Battletech universe to many many new people.
... and maybe we can get a new MechAssault title for the XBLA soon too... ;p

No seriously, MechAssault was fun.

BRING UNTO ME THE GRIEFERS!

Anyways, keep up the good work, ladies and gents.

Edited by alexander diaz, 22 June 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#2 Victor MacGregor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationBear Flag Republic

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

The air is purer, has more of what I need in a breath. Trees are greener. My Buffalo Chicken sub is tastier. Even my playing Dead Sara isn't as shrill.

I'm happy

#3 Mason Storm

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

I have a small dent in my bank account but it took me a split second to upgrade to Legendary when the e-mail arrived. And I agree with Victor... everything is more colorful and music sounds sweeter.

#4 lavar

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

It was the only lgoical choice, Battle tech / mech warrior has been a part of my life since it first came out in '84, I have watched it grow from battledroids to battlemech's > from battle tech to mechwarrior, now with dark ages and the jihad...... the clans, the video games, the minitures (which I can proudly say you can never have enough), the cartoon series (1st summer set strikers) and yes I do have all teh episods, the multitude of novels, the forums, the wiki's and websites, the play by-mail / e-mail sites (BTM in perticular). but I digress

I figured, since I am a grizzled veteran anyways, might as we continue to support this great endevour. and the fact that you get all four of the founder mech's rocks. :P

#5 KageRyuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

So long as the game eventually gets what the franchise has long been missing (melee) and I get to pilot a Hatchetman or Axman eventually, it shall be money well spent.

Edited by KageRyuu, 22 June 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#6 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

I spent all my 2 months of tip money to buy it, it was worth it :)

#7 Yarin Korza

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOromocto N.B.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

This game is the wet dream fantasy of BattleTech players the world over, and I, for one, am gonna need a mop and bucket.....
Lavar put it the best and we are of a same mind. It also helps that we are close friends and game crew for almost 20 years now (not to age us too much lol) Like many others, we played a vast variety of game systems over the years and have a plethora of campaign stories to delight and horrify. But we always came back to tech. I havent been on here in a while cuz of other commitments and time and heard about the founders packs last weekend from lavar. Its a done deal and no reason to second guess. I, too hope my meager contributions and the honour of playing in the beta will add to this wonderful game 'verse and bring a whole new generation the joy of playing that which is BattleTech.

Pop smoke and head for the objective!

P.S. Friday is payday Lavar :):)

#8 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

I am single and in the military, I literally have nothing else to spend money on but hookers.

#9 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostDamascas, on 10 July 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I am single and in the military, I literally have nothing else to spend money on but hookers.

So how do you have any money left for a Founder's package?

#10 Macharias

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

I enjoyed it for the first ten minutes of having it.

I have an iPhone for my work, I need to constantly check my emails and go back and forth with people.

Hearing the phone beep when I get an email is Christmas and I'm hoping to open that present and get my Red Ryder BB Gun, that beta invite for MWO.

Instead all I find is another sweater from grandma.

#11 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm not sure if I should have jumped in too soon, buyers remorse and all that. Good thing I can make my money back in a week. But hopefully this game is as good as I hope it is!

#12 Stedfast

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAmerican ex patriot living in Australia!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

I had to weigh this against my monthly budget, in the end, it was worth investing in a title that has given me hours of entertainment during my university days.

#13 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostWiley Coyote, on 10 July 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Discount hookers.

#14 MuffinTop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostWiley Coyote, on 10 July 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Obviously by your comment, you don't live in a military town, nor do you know about www.cragislist.com ,www.backpage.com or www.fling.com

Edited by MuffinTop, 10 July 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#15 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostDeathjester, on 20 June 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

Here's to Founders

#16 lavar

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostYarin Korza, on 10 July 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

This game is the wet dream fantasy of BattleTech players the world over, and I, for one, am gonna need a mop and bucket.....
Lavar put it the best and we are of a same mind. It also helps that we are close friends and game crew for almost 20 years now (not to age us too much lol) Like many others, we played a vast variety of game systems over the years and have a plethora of campaign stories to delight and horrify. But we always came back to tech. I havent been on here in a while cuz of other commitments and time and heard about the founders packs last weekend from lavar. Its a done deal and no reason to second guess. I, too hope my meager contributions and the honour of playing in the beta will add to this wonderful game 'verse and bring a whole new generation the joy of playing that which is BattleTech.

Pop smoke and head for the objective!

P.S. Friday is payday Lavar ;):)

Yes it is and a monthly investment into this endeavor will be worth every penny

View PostMacharias, on 10 July 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

I enjoyed it for the first ten minutes of having it.

I have an iPhone for my work, I need to constantly check my emails and go back and forth with people.

Hearing the phone beep when I get an email is Christmas and I'm hoping to open that present and get my Red Ryder BB Gun, that beta invite for MWO.

Instead all I find is another sweater from grandma.

I understand what you are saying Macharias, I also am waiting for that HPG communication from comstar saying I have been granted access to the Battle field. and I hate getting the sweaters :(

Edited by lavar, 20 July 2012 - 05:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users