Anything Left You'd Pay For?

74 replies to this topic

#1 Obelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

Only mechs left I care about are the Marauder and Warhammer and those are unseen and unlikely to ever appear. To release them would probably require drastically changing their look and that's always disappointing. Ran into that with the Battlemaster. I preferred the older squat looking version with the big cockpit (I know it's totally impractical).

At this stage I'm not even buying mechs with cbills. Got the mechs I want already and with Clan dominance and no CW I barely touch my IS mechs now.

Honestly I can't really see myself purchasing anything more for this game. New colors/camo are nice but too pricey for me. Mechwarrior style decals and pinups like WWII crews painted on the sides of their fighters/bombers would be cool. I might be tempted by that.

Also maybe by cockpit items like postcards taken from various IS worlds. Something that showed off sites from New Avalon or Tharkad City or whatever. Or small statues/busts/holos of major mechwarrior leaders from lore.

Anything you guys really want to see?

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

I would drop some cash on a Warhammer, without a doubt, other than that.. na.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Devastator
Zeus
Panther

#4 UnsafePilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

I'd buy a hellbringer if it was reasonably priced and had ECM.

#5 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

Still lots of things that could be added like 100 of mechs not in game yet, weapons not in game yet, elementals or ghost teams in powered armor that ride on your mech adding to it, s fire power until you give them the command to attack. Tanks , hovercraft, srm and lrm support vehicles and infanty towers bunkers emplacements that supplement your base defenses. The possibilities are limitless the Bt universe is as large and full of possibilities as the star wars universe.

Edited by SaltBeef, 10 September 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#6 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

I would pay for a tigershark decal if it could be used on any future Bushwacker.

#7 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 September 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Devastator
Zeus

Champion
Hammerhands

Sorry Joseph, had to cut that Panther :)

#8 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

I've given them $500 I regret that. They'd have to have a hell of a turnarround before I'd give them another cent. The game is quite frankly boring.

Plenty of mechs, too few maps, too few modes, no depth (CW is supposed to provide this, but it sure isn't yet.)

#9 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

I haven't actually spent money on this game yet, and judging by how well I'm doing, I probably won't, unless they stop doing mechbay challenges, then I might buy a small MC package. But the one thing that would get me to drop significant money on this game is the Marauder. But it has to be based on the original battletech art, I wouldn't buy a bastardised reseen version if it didn't look like the original. I would have spent money to buy the Nova, but they butchered that design by giving it a normal torso with sides and swivel. What was neat about the Nova was how the legs where attached between the arms - that was what made the mech for me.

Screw you harmony gold etc.etc. If PGI found a solution to the legal issue concerning the unseen, I'd definitely purchase one (or a set) of them. That's all I want. I suppose MW2 spoiled me with iconic designs.

#10 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

Not really interested in a lot of IS mechs that we don't already have...and the ones I do want they have stated that they have no intention of making (i.e. Marauder and Warhammer).

There's a few Clan mechs I still want; especially Mad Dog, Shadow Cat, Kodiak, Hellbringer, and Piranha.

However, I would gladly pay real money for any additional Hero mechs of existing chassis though. For example, I'd buy another Hero Jagermech or any Clan Heroes.

#11 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

I'd pay for all of the following if they lowered their prices a bit:

-Flashman
-Warhammer
-Crab/King Crab
-Vulture
-Loki
-Shadow Cat

#12 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

At this point, there are still a few 'Mechs I'd throw down cash for, but if they follow through with a Single Player campaign or PvE in 2015, I'd certainly drop some cash on that.

Otherwise, decals (which Russ implied they were trying to have ready for the CW release late this year), and other visual customization options would be nice.

#13 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 10 September 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

Otherwise, decals (which Russ implied they were trying to have ready for the CW release late this year), and other visual customization options would be nice.

Do you mean "deckles"?

:lol:

#14 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

Probably the Zeus, being a Steiner staple. Perhaps the Mauler as well. Nothing much else that Harmony Gold doesn't have.

I'd also actually buy some mech packs if they were priced better. If they by tiers of $20 instead of $30, I'd actually buy the Clan Package. I can't even get three mechs for $80, wheraeas if it was done by tiers of $20, I'd get four for that same price.

I'd also be quite happy to see more variance in game modes. If putting down $5 or $10 could help towards making a new game mode, I'd probably do it,

#15 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'm sure they'll come up with something.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Well designed Medium Heros.

Oddly, and some will scoff, I am rather enjoying my St Ives Blues, after much tinkering. Pretty sure my Sparky will eventually fit into a slot, too.

Other than that, if they get some new colors or some actually interesting camo specs, yeah, those.

Might buy CPack2 IF I have the money and I like the chassis chosen. Might not. Hard to say in advance.

But yeah, there are actually dozens of mechs that would interest me.

#17 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

The rest of the Unseen would get my money in a hearbeat - Valkyrie, Crusader, Archer, Warhammer, & Marauder especially

Outside of that, I would pay cash for a way-out-of-timeline Bushwhacker

#18 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

I would pay for new camo patterns, unique mech geometry (e.g. mech with Ghillie netting, makeshift/improvised parts, etc.), new HUDs, new pilots, warhorns, and other really cool vanity stuff. Key words being "really cool"

#19 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

Annihilator
Firemoth
Pihrahna
King Crab
Sunder
Shadowcat
Viper
Koshi
Nova Cat
Super Nova
Kodiac
Hellbringer
Mad Dog
MASC
and 100 other mechs, I dont have time to menton lol.

#20 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

Mechs and the upcoming decals are great but I would like to see other "out of the box/mechbay" options to these. Although the decals are a step in the right direction for sure. Im sure everyone will get some of those.

Edited by Johnny Z, 10 September 2014 - 10:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users