9 replies to this topic

#1 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

Is there a list somewhere of which mechs will be available for any given faction in CW? The faction sales were somewhat different than what I was expecting, so now I'm a little confused.
(In case you couldn't tell, I don't know too much about the lore :ph34r: ).

#2 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 10 September 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

Is there a list somewhere of which mechs will be available for any given faction in CW? The faction sales were somewhat different than what I was expecting, so now I'm a little confused.
(In case you couldn't tell, I don't know too much about the lore :ph34r: ).

Bump this... I was looking to sell of some mechs but don't want to unless I know for sure they aren't in the faction I settle on....

#3 Fishhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

I would go back over their "Faction Sales" posts. My guess is that their idea of "mechs per given faction" will be closely aligned with those.

#4 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

I just want to point out - I don't think you'll be limited to "faction-specific" variants. Like, if you sign up for Marik, you'll still be able to use Mechs that are considered "Steiner".

I'm pretty sure the "faction-specific mech" requirement for CW is only going to be "if you're playing IS, you MUST take an IS 'Mech, and if you're playing Clan, you MUST take a Clan 'Mech," but I don't think they'll limit it any more than that.

#5 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

how i took the Town hall was that you'd be able to use whatever IS or Clan mech you wanted, EXCEPT for certain events, i.e. a historical battle between faction X and faction Y, you'll be limited to faction mechs for that "event" and only that one....thats how i took it....i think the regular CW stuff will just be IS/Clan limited...

#6 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 10 September 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

how i took the Town hall was that you'd be able to use whatever IS or Clan mech you wanted, EXCEPT for certain events, i.e. a historical battle between faction X and faction Y, you'll be limited to faction mechs for that "event" and only that one....thats how i took it....i think the regular CW stuff will just be IS/Clan limited...

Yeah, I neglected to mention those "special event" type deals Russ talked about, but that's the general gist of it :)

#7 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 10 September 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Yeah, I neglected to mention those "special event" type deals Russ talked about, but that's the general gist of it :)

its ok, i've thrown that into like 4-5 threads, so people don't go and sell every mech that isn't in their faction, people also missed the bit that the general public queue is still going to be open, so you can still play whatever, whenever.

way too many tinfoil hats and picket boards, im afraid

#8 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hopefully there will be loyalty or c-bill bonus for lore correct mechs.

#9 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

Honestly, you could do worse than to do the following:

go to masterunitlist.info

type in the name of the mech you want to know about: Shadow Hawk.

Then on the next screen, click on the model number: SHD-5M

Then, see what the factional availability is. This isn't foolproof, but should give you a good idea of which mechs work for which faction, and which are inner sphere 'general' type models.

cheers!

#10 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

Thanks all. :) I want to play for Kurita, and was just wondering what chassis I should be trying to level up. Dragon, Jenner and Kintaro are obvious, but just curious as to what other chassis would be lore-correct/PGI approved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users