Targeting Idea

1 reply to this topic

#1 Cellinor

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

I am new to this game and not a follower of the old game it is based on. I had a buddy explain to me why so many players have such anger and frustration. I love this game and really enjoy it. It does need something a little more and I think that will be addressed by CW.

Anyway, my bud explained how the old table top game was played and why that does not work with an online game which in turn brought forth ghost heat. I get it and agree. It sounds like you had two options:
1 ghost heat weapons
2 change the system to targeting a mech from aiming at a location on a mech.

Let me explain #2. This game currently allows me to shoot at a particular area on a mech with the crosshairs. The table top did not. In the TT you targeted a mech and fired the hits were random. If you felt inclined put a poll out asking the community what they prefer. Do you want to aim like you currently do? Or do you just want to target and fire and let a randomizer decide where your weapons land? Plenty of games do the later. I personally like to shoot at what I am aiming at & would prefer not to change.

If you would ever consider #2 then the games targeting has to get better. The currently "R" is too random for me. I would love a better way of cycling through my available list of targets. Part of my learning curve with this game was me constantly trying to mouse hover an click a mech for targeting purposes. oops.

Anyway I hope you at least consider modifying targeting in this game. Even if you don't its still a cool game.

Thanks,

#2 Draconeran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 101 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontana, USA

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:47 AM

My take on targeting and TT and how it should transfer to MWO. So anyone who played TT know that everything you did for movement made it harder to hit your target. I think that should show as a widen reticle/spread damage. Called shots in TT were hard to pull off unless you stood still and your opponent did the same or was slow. Make all weapon hit a little more randomly by reducing convergence. Like weapons should converge better than unlike weapons. All weapons could show a lock to show optimal convergence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users