#1 DrXitomatl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

Please, either don't notify me for every little thing, or make the social tab button blink a different color, like red, if it's something that requires my prompt attention like an invite to a group or a direct personal message.

Before the Unit Creation update, the only time my social tab started blinking was if I had a message, an invite, or someone left the group I was in. That was useful because getting a message or invite is something that requires my prompt attention.

Now the dang thing blinks every time someone in my unit comes online or logs off, not to mention the above things. It's constantly blinking and I don't know when it's important vs when it isn't so I have to check it all the time. Annoying.

#2 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

Ooh, did someone say something here? No? ok I'm off. :)

Seriously though, this winds me up too. It could be simply fixed by not notifying when someone joins or leaves chat. Otherwise you have (as now) a vicious circle of people entering chat, seeing no one has said anything, then leaving and hence causing everyone else's chat button to flash.

#3 VgerRD

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIn front of my monitor

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

Yes! This drives me nuts! Can we please have an option to adjust which actions make this blue blinking bar of death blink?

Friends request, group invite or someone typing in group/unit/officer chat should be the only actions that make this blue deathbar blink! Also, give us the option to turn it completely off as well! Our unit has ventrilo, so this thing blinking like a Christmas tree is not necessary.

#4 lambdaGhost

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:11 PM

I feel the same way. It blinks way too often.

#5 BloodspatterGaming

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

Yes, needs to have a full suite of options on when and how the player gets notification.

As an aside to the OP: The plural of Atlas can also be Atlae (pronounced "At-Lye" not "At-Lay"), as its both a greek word, and a Latin word (borrowed from greek) nearly all borrowed greek words were first declension nouns in Latin.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users