So Russ, How About A Clarification On Synch Dropping?

70 replies to this topic

#21 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

View PostRouken, on 14 September 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Pretty sure we're still using 1 group per team in pug queue. If you can find where something official that say otherwise I'll agree you have a case. Until then, you don't need rulings on things that are not possible.

Nope. Russ has stated, on here and twitter, multiple times, PUG queue is SOLO only. NO groups at all. Yes occasionally people manage a sync. It actually succeeds very rarely, and for the rarity of it, is not worth trying to make a huge deal coming up with a fix, TBH.

Will look around my twitter to pull up Russ response, and get back.
Posted Image

From the boss of the company, official enough?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 14 September 2014 - 06:35 AM.

#22 Wrathful-Khan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:34 AM

I hate anyone that drops in a group because nobody likes me and I can't make friends.

#23 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 September 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

Nope. Russ has stated, on here and twitter, multiple times, PUG queue is SOLO only. NO groups at all.

I was fairly certain I had read that 2-4 person groups were being added back to solo queue. However, I'm unable to find it now. I doubt it was much more recent than that tweet either. So perhaps I only imagined it. In any case, that makes it really unlikely. I'm not going to sit down and do a combinatorics problem but I imagine the odds of putting together even a 4 man is unlikely.

#24 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

Thanks Bishop. I try to stay only on the forums unless there is a link posted here. I don't want to add anything besides the one issue I raised but it peeves me royally that anyone has to search the ends of the internet to find info that should be posted here first.

#25 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

This thread reminds me of a certain flavor of the month thread...

#26 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostHoax415, on 14 September 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

yawn can we get this thread locked if mudhutwarrior is going to end up bumping it 5+ times per page in order to keep it relevant like the last one?

He's got 5 already on page one.

1. Show us on the doll where sync dropping touched you mudhut

2. This isn't your personal blog

So I am not allowed to post responses on a thread I started?

Can you show me where this is policy or are you try to deflect without cause?

#27 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

Mudhut....man, just let it go.

I'm with you, i haven't seen it alot, but Sync-dropping is bad and they should feel bad, but they don't and they never will. You can't really fix sync-drops, and its very hard to PROVE sync-drops ("oh we were just talking on TS and dropping PUG, not our fault we ended up together") and odds are just as likely they'll end up on opposite sides just as often.

There is nothing that is going to come out of this except for people fitting you for a tinfoil hat, so you may as well let it go.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 14 September 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 September 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

Thanks Bishop. I try to stay only on the forums unless there is a link posted here. I don't want to add anything besides the one issue I raised but it peeves me royally that anyone has to search the ends of the internet to find info that should be posted here first.

I agree. And trust me, there are groups,. even including our "Lee7" overlords who when they don't have their 12s and such going, attempt syncs in Solo. Personally, even pre solo queue, I was always rabidly against sync drops. And now, with Solo and Private Matches, even the old bullcrap excuse "we want to fight each other" holds no salt.

Basically, it comes down to people trying to game the system, for challenges, tournaments of just plain Epeen and I find it pretty pathetic.

The good news is, while it does occasionally happen, it is very very difficult to get more than 2 in a drop, and even then, guaranteeing they will be on the same team. But if there was some way of easy fix to put in to track and disable that, well I would be all for it. I just don't see one.

#29 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostTsig, on 14 September 2014 - 05:08 AM, said:

It's nearly impossible to stop the "Sync Drop" in solo queue. They would have to design some kind of system to track who is on who's friends list, then, if they manage to drop at the same time in the same ELO bracket, they'd have to put them in separate games. There's also the fact that, even if they DO manage to get into the same game, they have a 50% chance of being on opposite teams.

In the entire history of having a "Solo Queue" in every game ever, no-one has ever considered Sync Dropping to be a problem.

It might be easier now to prevent certain kinds of sync drops, such that more than two of the same unit tag end up on the same team. But that would do nothing about a group of like minded people from diverse units synch dropping together.

What I wonder is if the problem is significant enough to merit action? I don't deny it's a problem, but I would rather connect to games faster at the risk of facing a synch drop than have it take longer to connect as players are sorted out.

Edited by Murphy7, 14 September 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#30 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 September 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I agree. And trust me, there are groups,. even including our "Lee7" overlords who when they don't have their 12s and such going, attempt syncs in Solo. Personally, even pre solo queue, I was always rabidly against sync drops. And now, with Solo and Private Matches, even the old bullcrap excuse "we want to fight each other" holds no salt.

Basically, it comes down to people trying to game the system, for challenges, tournaments of just plain Epeen and I find it pretty pathetic.

The good news is, while it does occasionally happen, it is very very difficult to get more than 2 in a drop, and even then, guaranteeing they will be on the same team. But if there was some way of easy fix to put in to track and disable that, well I would be all for it. I just don't see one.

Thank you. I just want PGI to say something, anything related to the rules. Most basic thing in any game and the foundations its built on. If they say they haven't got an issue with it then I wont post about it anymore. Would hope even my detractors would understand this and support putting the matter to rest. Appears to not be the case though.

#31 Lefty Lucy

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

In the past the dev response has been, "it's breaking the rules, but we can't really prove anything, so we can't do anything about it."

Basically, people who sync drop are cheating, but it's not an enforceable rule.

That being said, since unit tags were released I haven't seen anything that was an obvious sync drop ever.

OP I'd love to see this video of the guy on twitch rolling you with a sync dropped team.

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 14 September 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

In the past the dev response has been, "it's breaking the rules, but we can't really prove anything, so we can't do anything about it."

Basically, people who sync drop are cheating, but it's not an enforceable rule.

That being said, since unit tags were released I haven't seen anything that was an obvious sync drop ever.

OP I'd love to see this video of the guy on twitch rolling you with a sync dropped team.

I've seen it a couple times, been in a chatroom with pèople doing it also. Mind you, out of 30 attempts I think 3 ended up in one match during the challenge, 2 on 1 team, 1 on the other, and 2 others dropped together once.

Out of 20 plus people trying at a time. So I would say the success rate is pretty abysmal.

#33 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

Well seen Russ respond to other threads but not this one. Lets see, letter to support , check

Support says make a thread check

Make a thread goes 40 pages in a few days and is contentious... check

Make a thread pleading for a response some time later. check

Just give up on this game knowing my intuition was right about PGI all along....?

#34 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 September 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Just give up on this game knowing my intuition was right about PGI all along....?

what was your intuition about them?

#35 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 14 September 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Last time I mentioned it I got banned for a while....

"I have learned that In quiet places, reason abounds, that in quiet people there is vision and purpose, that many things are revealed to the humble that are hidden from the great." Adlai Stevenson

#36 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 14 September 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

That they have the weekend off and don't spend that time responding to threads requesting their official stance on events that statistically unlikely, difficult to detect, and more difficult to prove are not just a random occurrence.

Edited by Rouken, 14 September 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#37 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostRouken, on 14 September 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

That they have the weekend off and don't spend that time responding to threads requesting their official stance on events that statistically unlikely, difficult to detect, and more difficult to prove are not just a random occurrence.

Does that include rule clarification ? And could you show me the statistics you write about?

#38 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Mud,

No offense meant but........the problem is you come across at times like you're wearing the tin foil hat - a conspiracy around every corner. So, it's easy to dismiss your concerns.

And your loathing of TS coordinated groups is well documented here.

Don't give up on the game just because you suspect synch dropping. Just play your game and wreck some mechs.. You've heard it before a thousand times, but TS coordination does not assure a victory.

#39 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostPiney, on 14 September 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Mud,

No offense meant but........the problem is you come across at times like you're wearing the tin foil hat - a conspiracy around every corner. So, it's easy to dismiss your concerns.

And your loathing of TS coordinated groups is well documented here.

Don't give up on the game just because you suspect synch dropping. Just play your game and wreck some mechs.. You've heard it before a thousand times, but TS coordination does not assure a victory.

No doubt I see conspiracy's everywhere in a game that encourages cliques . That is how it goes in those circles knowingly or not. Ask any shrink about that and the herd mentality that comes from it.
That should not have any bearing on a valid question over rule making considering the last time PGI commented on it..Its a different world here now so I cannot begin to see the opposition to asking for clarification even if I am in the minority. Playing solo only though I tend to think Its a larger minority than you will ever give credit to.

#40 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

This thread again?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users