So Russ, How About A Clarification On Synch Dropping?

70 replies to this topic

#41 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostAresye, on 14 September 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

This thread again?

Nope, this is the single issue condensed version.... :)

#42 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

Mudboy, this is a nonsense thread.

There is no rule against sync-dropping. If there were such a rule, it would be written down, it would have to be enforced. Since it is not written down, it is not enforced, because it does not exist.

Therefore this thread is complete nonsense. If you do not understand the word "nonsense" I suggest you google it or go old school and use a hard copy dictionary.

Edited by 7ynx, 14 September 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#43 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

View Post7ynx, on 14 September 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Mudboy, this is a nonsense thread.

There is no rule against sync-dropping. If there were such a rule, it would be written down, it would have to be enforced. Since it is not written down, it is not enforced, because it does not exist.

Therefore this thread is complete nonsense. If you do not understand the word "nonsense" I suggest you google it or go old school and use a hard copy dictionary.

http://mwomercs.com/...c-drops-are-ok/

Notice in the first post the screenshot from Paul. I am not great at finding links but there are others.

Try again.

#44 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

more nonsense, please stop.

I noticed that Paul said no devs ever claimed they said sync dropping is OK. PGI obviously does not want to condone it, but they cannot separate the accidental from the intentional therefore they cannot enforce it. Please understand that I sent bug reports into support@mwomercs.com and they get closed out as known issues, but not fixed. Use your brain and please stop this nonsense.

While PGI will not condone sync-dropping they have not said it is a rule violation. In order to do such they would have to reference the rule it violates. Paul was simply providing a distraction.

#45 Lefty Lucy

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

View Post7ynx, on 14 September 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

more nonsense, please stop.

I noticed that Paul said no devs ever claimed they said sync dropping is OK. PGI obviously does not want to condone it, but they cannot separate the accidental from the intentional therefore they cannot enforce it. Please understand that I sent bug reports into support@mwomercs.com and they get closed out as known issues, but not fixed. Use your brain and please stop this nonsense.

While PGI will not condone sync-dropping they have not said it is a rule violation. In order to do such they would have to reference the rule it violates. Paul was simply providing a distraction.

First off, an over-zealous mod with an agenda changed the title of the linked post that I made shortly after groups were limited to 4-mans in the PUG queue. The original title is that a Dev says that sync dropping is *not* OK.

He then reinforces this later on the same page.

I have had my disagreements with Paul in the past, but he is the lead designer, and he did state pretty clearly that sync dropping is not cool, but that they really can't do much about it.

#46 Eldane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

OMG Mud. cmom man for real?

My unit did solo sync drops for several days, you know what we got out of it? Killing our friends occasionally and a good time.

You and your "causes" need to stop already, I've seen you ingame and know you are a decent pilot, live with your losses, that's the matchmakers job, to keep everyone around 1.0 win/loss.

I can guarantee you a large amount of your premade boogeyman are just guys who want to play with thier friends, and not some super competitive teams looking to roll pugs.

The last thing the really hardcore players want is a pug stomp, they want stiff competition and solid opponents.

Just like the rest of us.

Edited by Eldane, 14 September 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#47 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Karl effectively clarified this in another thread.

The matchmaker will split sync droppers pretty effectively. Is it theoretically possible with a large group? Maybe, I could do a write up on how to maximize your sync odds but it would be a lot of work. While I would love an official response this is pretty far down the list at this point.

#48 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 14 September 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

I have had my disagreements with Paul in the past, but he is the lead designer, and he did state pretty clearly that sync dropping is not cool, but that they really can't do much about it.

Because a dev said it's, "not cool," doesn't make it against the rules, until an actual, formal rule is implemented in the official code of conduct.

Meanwhile, while people keep arguing over the alleged misconduct of players that aren't technically breaking any rules, let me illustrate who IS breaking the rules: The OP

Unconstructive / Spamming
Our definition of Unconstructive / Spamming includes:
  • Excessively communicating the same or similar phrases.
  • Creating duplicate posts.

#49 Grrzoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

please take your lumps and move on, or maybe start a thread a bout how two man groups can end up vs 12 man groups in the group cue and cry about that. I might even lend some vocal support to that one.

#50 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

I don't know what you expect.

I don't synch drop in solo queue, I don't seem to ever run into people sync dropping in solo queue either, but I will take your word for it that people are doing it simply because it is so easy to pull off. But, it begs the question, what do you think they can even do about it?

#51 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostRouken, on 14 September 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

I was fairly certain I had read that 2-4 person groups were being added back to solo queue. However, I'm unable to find it now. I doubt it was much more recent than that tweet either. So perhaps I only imagined it. In any case, that makes it really unlikely. I'm not going to sit down and do a combinatorics problem but I imagine the odds of putting together even a 4 man is unlikely.

It happened or was an option for the MM until PGI added the last MM fix to allow more than 4 players group,then they asked if people wanted a pure solo queue and ppl said yes.. so here we stand.

#52 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

I didn't read through the entire thread so sorry if I missed the point.

There are no groups in solo queue of any size ever. So you could try to sync drop as individuals I suppose but as to groups they all go in the group queue no exceptions ever.

#53 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 14 September 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

What if random is random

What if nobody cares? Go whine about LRMs or something. People will never tire of crying for nerfs and that is why this game is beginning to suck so terribly. The devs seem to hear the nerf whine and "poof" a good piece of equipment or game mechanic becomes crap. Then the server population drops and they have to dream up some gimmick to get people to play.

Learn to play and quit trying to get the rules changed.

#54 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Probably cannot stop non unit based players from sync dropping but I think it would be fairly easy to program the solo drop queue not to allow players with the same Unit Tag to be on the same team.

I do see same Tags on same team on solo queues maybe 1-2 times per evening of play.

Cheers!
Eboli

#55 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostRouken, on 14 September 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

I was fairly certain I had read that 2-4 person groups were being added back to solo queue. However, I'm unable to find it now. I doubt it was much more recent than that tweet either. So perhaps I only imagined it. In any case, that makes it really unlikely. I'm not going to sit down and do a combinatorics problem but I imagine the odds of putting together even a 4 man is unlikely.

Just a note, you did not imagine it.. It was (and still is) in the July 2nd patch notes:

http://mwomercs.com/...02-02-jul-2014/

It is just that it was not implemented in that patch or any time since then.

#56 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 14 September 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

There are no groups in solo queue of any size ever. So you could try to sync drop as individuals I suppose but as to groups they all go in the group queue no exceptions ever.

Mudhutwarrior is seeking a ruling about players who know each other and who can communicate over VOIP trying to drop into the same solo que game to get an advantage. He wants to know if that is cheating.

#57 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 14 September 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Can we try not to get into I never see it propaganda. Have an entire 40 page thread with lots of admissions including groups and factions.

Feel free to check out the thread and see for yourselves.

http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

And the practice is hardly used now that we have a separate group que.

That's the thing he is convinced us groups drop via ts to game the solo.

#58 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

The "problem" is a "group" of people going THREE TWO ONE DROP and multi dropping in the solo queue

#59 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:12 PM

Barring any further clarifications, I take the highlighted portion as a "Yes, you can". Hopefully, this is the end of this topic. :P

#60 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:20 PM

Aaaannddd there we have it folks.

ggthread

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users