192 replies to this topic

#81 Milkman Luke

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Location407

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

The best option is just to go for a blanket unban. It avoids any debate about who should or shouldn't get a reprieve and is, in the broadest and most literal sense, a fresh start.

#82 Cmdr Rad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostCarrie Harder, on 14 September 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

People who are banned can view forum posts if they aren't logged in to an account, or are browsing with a non-banned account.

Yes, hence I used "IP Banned". This happened to people who supposedly tried to avoid moderation, if I recall correctly. The admins went ahead and banned their IP Address, so that they'd be refused any access to the mwomercs.com website. Some ISPs issue their IP addresses temporarily, while other ISPs issue permanent IP addresses. If the ISP did the latter, then they would need to use a proxy or device connected at a different location to access the website.

Naturally, as you say, people that were just normally banned would have read-access to his posts.

#83 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

I agree with a general amnesty and unban everyone - if you are for real about making good (new PGI), especially on all the recent over moderation stuff.

But the begging part is just wrong and too much like old PGI.

#84 Paramemetic

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

I like the part where I mentioned a dude getting banned for asking a critical question and then another dude said everyone banned was a terrible blight on the community. Because Chronojam was obviously abusive. Yup.

#85 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 14 September 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

I expected at least some of these feelings. Regardless It's my starting point for now. Many out there taking the wait and see approach with PGI and that is fair, think of this as a similar wait and see response from us. It's an olive branch they can reach for, I am a very reasonable person, just email me.

A great starting point. I don't think a blanket unban is necessary. I would save that for CW release as you can expect a lot of the founders that got salty waiting for it will want to return with their tails between their legs to meekishly check it out ;)

#86 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostPV Phoenix, on 15 September 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

I would save that for CW release as you can expect a lot of the founders that got salty waiting for it will want to return with their tails between their legs to meekishly check it out ;)

I would not be so sure.

Edited by Duppie1974, 15 September 2014 - 12:47 AM.

#87 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:58 AM

I think the step is a great and mature one and clearly the best way to detoxify things and get it rolling again in a constructive manner.

It takes courage to admit mistakes and reach out a hand.

Take the gesture for what it is, the desire to get things restarted again, with lessons learned and a new try.

Classy move Russ.

#88 alanely

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:03 AM

good show old chap good show, this is the mark of a true gentleman let us all sit down and drink tea and grow as one

#89 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:20 AM

@Russ:

I think around 90% of the playerbase never or rarely reads the forums (those active I call Community)!

If you want to reach the playerbase to vote for some game changes, you NEED to implement a voting-system INTO Game-UI.
You can implement:
- Forced Votings (essential) - witch the Player has to pass before launching a game for things all players are effected by
- Normal Votings - blinking vote button (near social tab?) after login for things that are not that essential
- Trash Votings - for things like "which mech would you like being the next hero"

But reaching 80% of the players within the forums is just unrealistic. :-)

#90 Garandos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 196 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:32 AM

I am suprised,

thats the spirit!

If we (both sides) can go on forward from this point, i think there is quite a good future ahead.

#91 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

Way to go PGI, this new openness since IGP are out of the frame is really welcome. I salute you o7

#92 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:06 AM

Tough nut to reach 80% of all players.
TOO many times I've seen someone who exhibited extraordinary actions, amazing skills, came back and saved my arse, or Mongo level stupid I come to see what they post, and ZERO posts, some registered a year ago- that most of the players I've searched for. Most.
You'd have to announce something when you log in to catch 80%

#93 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

OK, I know it sounds crazy for the first time, but why don't you just create a simple e-mail address like:

canicomeback@piranhagames.com

Just for those players, who want come back from a ban? Would it be not clearer and easier such a separate address, just for that purpose?

#94 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:07 AM

It's good that you want to grant players pardons and start anew. However, there are some people who feel like the damage has already been done and the game is a lost cause.

Nonetheless, I commend your efforts to give people a second chance and start over.

Edited by Will9761, 15 September 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#95 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:14 AM

good move

#96 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

Good call.

#97 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostBladeXXL, on 15 September 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

@Russ:

I think around 90% of the playerbase never or rarely reads the forums (those active I call Community)!

If you want to reach the playerbase to vote for some game changes, you NEED to implement a voting-system INTO Game-UI.
You can implement:

I doubt that casual players would be able to give informed feedback. Additions to UI would be very costly too.

Community != Casual Players IMHO

People that care about the game direction are necessarily in the forum.

#98 Wraithlord77

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

wow ,nice move Russ , i realy do hope it works out as you expect.

#99 Oni74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

Hey Russ,

I'd like to suggest that you create a template for emails to the address so that you can use automation and/or efficiently scan the emails with eyeballs. From my experience, leaving the form open invites all sorts of formatting which is extremely inefficient and painful for the reader.

#100 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:46 AM

I can't imagine what will happen next.

Well, actually, I can.

I hope I'm wrong.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users