Mw5 Trailer Hud

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Would You like HUD as it was show in MW5 trailer? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Would You like HUD as it was show in MW5 trailer?

1. Yes (8 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. I dont care (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

Subject - HUD at is was in MW5 triler www.youtube.com/watch?v=39xTPtNSxJU .

P.S. Anyway - current one makes me feel that im playing kids game but not piloting 50-100 tonn mech' - same thing with ground vibration, screen shake when taking damage and some sounds...

Edited by MGA121285, 15 September 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#2 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTharkad, Standing Next to the Throne.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:50 AM

There is so much in that video I would love to see in this game. The HUD, terrain that actually has stuff blown off when we miss, the more mature look of the weapons effects and explosions, even the pilot ejections. And of course, working in-game VOIP.

#3 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

While I would like a redesign of the HUD (particularly to include use of the monitors somehow), I feel that taking the HUD straight from the trailer of a game that evolved into the MWO we have today isn't quite the right option. To me, that HUD in the trailer is clunky and lacks easy access to crucial data. Look how it lacks constant info on your 'Mech's status, and the same with enemies it has targeted. Could it be used as a base for a redesign? Perhaps. Could it use work? Yes. I am all for a more serious-feeling HUD, so long as you can still read information readily.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

I would go for a simplified HUD, yes. I do prefer the aesthetic of the trailer (and it's similar to trailers/intros to other MW titles). In fact, MW:LL helps with the immersion quite well, the HUD is fairly non-intrusive (although I'd prefer a toggle radar rather than two independent maps)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users