BattleMechs

118 replies to this topic

#101 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

I'd love for the AS7-S to have this and I'm buying a Wave 2 pack for this *JUST* in-case I get it!

Left Arm: 2 Energy hardpoints (potential AMS?)
Left Torso: 3 Missile
Center Torso: 2 Energy
Right Torso: 1 (or 2) Ballistic hardpoint(s), with 2 missile hardpoints (stick the cannon-rear facing missiles here)
Left Arm: 2 Energy hardpoints.

This would make players either go with the standard AC20 Atlas... or Missile boat it. And wow... would I EVER SRM brawl with this big guy!

Steiner scout lance forward!

Posted Image

#102 DukeDublin

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

Atleast:

4 missles LT
2 energy CT
1 ballistic RT
1 energy LA
1 energy RA

I'm going to guess single AMS point on one of the arms
Tubes [20,6,2,2] to avoid abuse.

#103 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

4 Missile hardpoints? Maybe I'll sacrifice the AC/20 for 4 X SRM-6+A.

*trollface*

Edited by Techorse, 22 September 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#104 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostDasSibby, on 22 September 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

I'd love for the AS7-S to have this and I'm buying a Wave 2 pack for this *JUST* in-case I get it!

Left Arm: 2 Energy hardpoints (potential AMS?)
Left Torso: 3 Missile
Center Torso: 2 Energy
Right Torso: 1 (or 2) Ballistic hardpoint(s), with 2 missile hardpoints (stick the cannon-rear facing missiles here)
Left Arm: 2 Energy hardpoints.

This would make players either go with the standard AC20 Atlas... or Missile boat it. And wow... would I EVER SRM brawl with this big guy!

Steiner scout lance forward!

Posted Image

That Meme made my day.

#105 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

I want melee to be added to this game we have mechs with hands and feet to do the stompy dance. really would like to punch a mech right in their cockpit :)

#106 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

Seems to be 1 head energy and 2 CT energy to me, as well as 2 LT missile.

Posted Image

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 10 October 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#107 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:36 PM

Look again, it seems to have 4 LT missile , the 2 stripes under the J shaped 5 missile launcer look like 2x4 srm launchers.
Would love a head laser X) .

#108 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:06 AM

nice, so people will be going for the LT instead of the RT on that mech lol...

I wish they'd balance out the torsos on the atlas's. 2M and 1B per side would make them very deadly assaults.

#109 Jon McAdder

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPacific Ring Of Fire

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

Be happier if it turns out like what was illustrated in the MUL.

#110 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:27 AM

judging from the picture,

Head 1E
LT 3M (maybe4)
CT 2E

what we can't see will probalby be
RT 1B
LA/RA 1E each

which will make for a nice little zombie atlas with 3 ml on the centerline and hefty firepower on each torso.

also, if that is the case it doesn't follow the S variant exactly, as there is no mention of a face-laser
Spoiler

although the S3 does get face-laser action it isn't due for 12 years, also has PPCs and ECM...so..yeah, not sure where that all fits in...

Spoiler

Edited by KamikazeRat, 12 October 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#111 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

Guys, why are we goin by lore on this modle? PGI will probably give it a hard point or 2 that didn't exist on this modle.

My predictions are... 1 laser HP on each arm, 2 laser HP in center torso, 1 laser HP head, 3 missile HP in LT and 1 Balistic HP in RT.

#112 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 12 October 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

Guys, why are we goin by lore on this modle? PGI will probably give it a hard point or 2 that didn't exist on this modle.

My predictions are... 1 laser HP on each arm, 2 laser HP in center torso, 1 laser HP head, 3 missile HP in LT and 1 Balistic HP in RT.

why would they change the hardpoints? Aside from rear weapons to the front and leg weapons to the torsos, they have stayed hardpoint true on all base variants. Why would they change now?

Mind you, I would not mind a frikking laser beam in it's head, but not holding my breath for it (though remember, the "right eye" is actually in the CT hitbox)

#113 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 12 October 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

pretty much what i just said....so really only questions are Missle Tube-counts, 10/6/6/(6?)

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 October 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

why would they change the hardpoints? Aside from rear weapons to the front and leg weapons to the torsos, they have stayed hardpoint true on all base variants. Why would they change now?

Mind you, I would not mind a frikking laser beam in it's head, but not holding my breath for it (though remember, the "right eye" is actually in the CT hitbox)

well we can see 2 in CT as well, so its not CT, so they have deviated, unless we just get a Bad-A monocle with no laser in it.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 12 October 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#114 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:10 AM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 12 October 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

well we can see 2 in CT as well, so its not CT, so they have deviated, unless we just get a Bad-A monocle with no laser in it.

It is most likely just aesthetic. Would not mind an extra hardpoint but it is a bit random and does not fit PGI's pattern of rear to front, leg to side, and inflation only in locations with actual weapons in it.

#115 Commander Longstrike

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:19 PM

I just want it for the Angel motif... Love that color scheme!

#116 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

View PostBacl, on 15 September 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

The Atlas S have 2 rear facing SSRM. I see 2 possibilities here since its a AS7-D ( CT 2 energy, LT 2 Ballistics, RT 2 missiles, and 1 energy on each arm). I doubt we will have rear firing tubes so we will assume they will face foward.

Config 1; If the 2 rear facing tubes were in the CT that means that the 2 energy HP that were there would move to the arms which would allow the AS7-S to work like the AS7-RS or a lesser version of the Boar's Head ( energy wise) and a potential 2SSRM's streak zombie mode.

Config 2; have the rear facing tube on the RT with the other 2 regular missiles HP, for a big total of 4 in that section, 4 SRM 6 pleasure in your face?

While writing that topic i tough of a third way this is so unlikely i wasnt sure if i should even mention it or not.

Anyhow config 3; keep 1 energy HP per arm and the 2 energy HP in CT but split the 2 Ballistics and 4 missiles evenly on each side torso ( 1 ballistic and 2 Missiles). This would give greater build configuration and also allow a twin AC20/ AC10 configuration which would cause trouble with all previous AS7 variants by making it " too strong", even tho it would be nice to see that.

What do you guys think? Which configuration is the most probable?

You have your LT and RT confused.
RT ballistics, LT missiles.

Actual hardpoints: 1 energy per arm. 4 missile. 1 OR 2 ballistics. 2 energy in the CT.
Total: 9 + AMS or 10 + AMS.

Worst case:
9 hardpoints, NO AMS.

Moderate case:
10 hardpoints, no AMs.

Anything else and it's not canon. All missiles on the S is left torso, it prevents heavy boating of quad LRM-20s and fits with the visual customization already done (for the Atlas D-DC in terms of the 3 LT missiles) so there isn't any logical reason to do RT missiles or to split them between the torsos.

#117 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 12 October 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

It is most likely just aesthetic. Would not mind an extra hardpoint but it is a bit random and does not fit PGI's pattern of rear to front, leg to side, and inflation only in locations with actual weapons in it.

yeah, the only thing that says maybe its a face-laser is that the S3, a later upgrade of the S has a small head-laser, so seeing as this is a "hero"(sort of) they may have taken liberties since most of the heros are made up anyway, and maybe the general release S will have the stock S config with the only change being hardpoints faced foward.

maybe...pretty please? face-monocle-laser?

P.S. i really want the monocle-laser....it has soo much cool factor that i get to say monocle-laser

Edited by KamikazeRat, 13 October 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#118 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

If this thing does have a ballistic, 4 M and 2 E in the torsos ... zombie beasty.

#119 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostMacksheen, on 13 October 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

If this thing does have a ballistic, 4 M and 2 E in the torsos ... zombie beasty.

not to mention, 1E in the face.....

pretty please? laser-monocle!

Edited by KamikazeRat, 13 October 2014 - 04:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users