Faction Mechs

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ice age

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

Could PGI put out a list of approved mechs by faction? with CW looming and stated restrictions on usable mechs by faction it would be nice to have this list for our newer pilots.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

I'm afraid Faction specific would be bad for the DEVs bank account. This isn't a complaint, just a observation of smart business practices.

#3 Horusv2

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

They wont differentiate any more than: Clan = CLan Mech and IS = IS Mechs

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:46 AM

Nothing has been said that Chassis & variants are going to be locked to House or Clan.

In the IS all mechs are available to all Houses simply because mechs are very old, frequently sold/captured/salvaged, etc.

Faction affiliation might affect prices in the future but "logistics" are not included in phase 2 of CW and I doubt they are ready yet to bother adjustig mech prices.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:50 AM

Only the broadest limits will be in place - if you align Clan you can only use Clan 'Mechs and if you align to an I.S. faction you can only use I.S. 'Mechs. This only applies to CW matches.

Aligning with a specific faction within the I.S. doesn't mean you'll be limited to using 'Mechs or variants manufactured by that faction. It means that those 'Mechs or variants will be cheaper to buy, and non-faction 'Mechs will be more expensive. The pricing differences will be put in the game at some later date.

That's the situation as far as we know now, and are subject to change of course.

#6 Ice age

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

I read somewhere that house units would only be able to use/buy house mechs

#7 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

I'd like to see a discount for items related to faction, but a complete restriction is very bad imo.

#8 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

I really do hope they give a list of the mechs at least a week before Community Warfare starts. Wouldn't want people to get their favorite mechs pulled out from beneath them due to lack of information. :)

They've been very vague on what mechs will be usable except for the fact that Clans will only use clans, and Inner Sphere will only use Inner Sphere.

As for me, I love the Mad Dog more than anything else, but I'm worried that they might make it Smoke Jaguar only because they designed the Mad Dog even though it's a very common Clan Mech, and Ghost Bears use them more than anyone else (also, Smoke Jaguar is one of my least favorite clans, I only dislike Fire Mandrill more, but I haven't read any books on any factions yet).
And if I decide to choose Inner Sphere at the last second, I'd like to know what Kuritan mechs there are (my favorite IS mech Catapult A1/C1 probably won't be in Kurita because K2 though)

#9 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

They DID release a faction list...but I have no idea where it is.

It might tie in to loyalty points. You get more loyalty points for piloting your factions mech. I remember around the time I was looking for an assault I found a faction list that had my banshee on the Liao list...which was odd since the Stieners fielded the majority of them...so I figured it had to be from PGI lol.

At any rate, it would be cool, but Russ answered a few days ago to a similar thread, it will just be IS vs Clan.

#10 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

Oh

You check the house sales.

Each one will tell you what that houses mechs are:

http://mwomercs.com/...ouse-liao-sale/

Theres Liao.

Davion:

http://mwomercs.com/...se-davion-sale/

#11 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:53 AM

Yeah. the faction sales weren't too very accurate, so I was hoping they'd release a proper CW list. *shrug*

#12 Ahja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

It looks as if it will just be IS vs Clan. As the state of the game stands at this moment House vs House would not work with the standing rules set for CW. Also if it would work the fighting would grind down into one House and one Clan. House vs House would not work well with many of the non BT/WM additions to this version of the game. So so sad but so true.

#13 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

Given how promiscuous the IS factions were in "trading" mechs with each other ( *ahem* through enthusiastic trading ventures that some people called raiding but which obviously could not be anything such since they're all happy and love and peace with each other, right? ), it's perfectly possible that every faction has at least one mech of ... every other faction, really.

So, no, unlikely there will be any sort of hard limits on what you can get. Now, making stuff cheaper if it's a House-approved variant? I can see that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users