- - - - -

How Do You Score A Kill?

22 replies to this topic

#21 Saryonarve

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

My experience has been that kills are equal parts luck and skill. I've had matches where I did pretty good damage but didn't actually score any kills. Not because my aim was poor, but because my teammates finished off my targets before I could.

I would agree to a point that KDR matters a little bit. But only in the sense that as you get better your average lifespan will tend to increase, thus increasing your chances of scoring a kill(s). Which, in turn, increases your KDR.

#22 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

OP, just ask yourself whether you have been using the targeting info to focus on hitting vulnerable components. If a guy is cored CT, but you're shooting his arms and legs, you aren't making every shot count. As a relatively new player myself, this is an area where I've really felt myself improving as of late.

View Postclownwarlord, on 17 September 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

I disagree KDR and Kills is very important when killing all enemy mechs is the only way to win no matter what match type you are playing.

Those who have crap KDR and can't get kills are either playing in group where I will slightly agree it doesn't matter because you focus fire. But in solo cue you have to carry your own weight most of the time, and if you have a high enough elo mostly have to carry your team as well.

I don't think anyone is saying scoring kills doesn't matter, just that kills aren't the main thing you should use to determine whether you made a tangible contribution to your team.

#23 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Well I find there are really two ways to play the game, high damage, high assist count orlow damage good kill count.

My timber wolves fall into the latter range, mostly due to build set up, if I crack open youre CT, you are more than likely going down, but I don't get a lot of damage caused... for example, my last game was 5 kills 2 assists, and 378 damage done. But I hunt and try to ambush from behind to maximise my killing power. The last game I ran with my LRM boat set up, was 0 kills, 9 assists and 890 damage delt. Hard to say what was more team effective, I feel my hunter-killer set up is, but some would argue that the LRM rain is...

All that being said, KDR means about as much as me saying I'm the King of Scottland on the internet. This is a team game, if you die, but your team wins beacuse of it, then that means more, than you gettng some kills and the team losing.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users