6 replies to this topic

#1 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

I know this is about as old as dirt, but does anyone else miss the ability to have 4 mechs available for quick selection? Would anyone else like to see it back?

Edited by Hatachi, 24 September 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#2 UnsafePilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'd like to see it come back and be selectable from after finding out the map you're dropping on.

#3 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

Absolutely. Me and some warriors on the Australian channel of the NA comstar server were just talking about this today. Having a ridiculous number of mechs it would be nice to have a quick select-able panel of the ones I'm working on.

I think the UI 2.0 was a step in the right direction and even with the somewhat painful task of getting used to this new UI it is much improved over the last one (though I also do think it's starting to show it's age a little. Where's UI 2.1?).

#4 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostHatachi, on 24 September 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

I know this is about as old as dirt, but does anyone else miss the ability to have 4 mechs available for quick selection? Would anyone else like to see it back?

/sign

#5 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

I'd like to be able to just flag some of my favorite mechs and then have an option to filter by favorites.

#6 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

aren't we getting this back in CW? or something like it? I'm sure i read it somewhere.

Edit:
Found it. Under Decks.
http://mwomercs.com/...arfare-phase-2/

DROP DECKS
A drop deck is a selection of 4 ‘Mechs in the player’s inventory. Each of the 4 ‘Mechs must be one of each weight class (one light, one medium, one heavy, one assault). All 4 ‘Mechs must belong to the same technology core (IS or Clan). The Drop Deck is a means for the player to quickly choose their favorite ‘Mech of a specific weight class when in the defender queue outlined above.

The Drop Deck will display the following:
  • Currently chosen Light ‘Mech thumbnail
  • Currently chosen Medium ‘Mech thumbnail
  • Currently chosen Heavy ‘Mech thumbnail
  • Current chosen Assault ‘Mech thumbnail
  • A drop down in each 'Mech panel will allow the player to change a 'Mech for an owned, same weight class 'Mech.

Edited by Warblood, 24 September 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#7 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

With you on this 100%. In the old UI, that's how I always knew where my modules and cockpit items were. (Those only went in the 4 quickslot mechs)

View PostWarblood, on 24 September 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

aren't we getting this back in CW? or something like it? I'm sure i read it somewhere.

Edit:
Found it. Under Decks.
http://mwomercs.com/...arfare-phase-2/

[/list]

Bah, one of each weight class is lame, as most people I know only really run one or two weight classes with any kind of regularity, myself included.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users