36 replies to this topic

#21 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:09 PM

I say its too early to tell but there is a ray of Hope.

#22 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

I am cautiously optimistic. I am excited. I have started playing and participating on the forums again after a long absence. Step by step, as long as they keep this up, I will be a happy camper.

I see no reason to leap to extremes of cynicism or blind optimism.

#23 Ahja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

When they bring what I came here for to zone. But sadly no Aleric is at the gates,

#24 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:35 AM

Worlds on paper don't count as kept promises, so NO.

#25 DeathjesterUK

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

I have no strong feelings either way.

Posted Image

#26 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:59 AM

This customer appreciation is all well and fine, but it doesn't change the core product a bit. And I doubt that IGP had anything to do with ECM, ghost heat and weapon balancing...

#27 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

I think they just understood that this is a community of BT/MW fans and most people are over 30, have jobs and little time to spend: they don't care much about money in order to get what they want.

Bad design, egos, problems, bugs, broken promises, unpopular changes are all obstructions in the money flow from the community to PGI, they were killing their cash cow.

Now that they are "donating" stuff and started to consider feedback from the community the surprising result is: more money...

I am optimistic for the future now, I think they got it.

#28 Darzok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:14 AM

I think its a good sign but the past has a nasty way of sneaking back up on you in the blink of an eye.

I hope this will mean the game grows and becomes bigger would love to see the game been bigger than WOT since it is a better game it just needs a bit of work to make it shine not counting gold mechs.

#29 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:29 AM

After all the shenanigans in the past I remain reserved for now and will not jump in with the herd. I remain optimistic and am considering a big purchase but the little voice inside my head says to wait a bit longer before I jump in.
After watching the founders exodus then the recent mass bannings of staple players I feel its right to be cautious. I am glad to see Sandpit back today (even if he hates me) . I think I will follow his lead for now as he understands the game way better than i ever will.

Going to sit back , Log into a TS server and **** and pillage like the rest. If the game actually turns I will spend some large.

#30 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:28 AM

View PostDasSibby, on 18 September 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Bear with me. (And I'm not talking about the Golden Mechs!)

PGI has secured exclusive marketing rights now from IGP. Promptly afterward they reward us with this HUGE anniversary gift (right in time for my Birthday too!), then start actually TALKING to us, and working directly with the community for ways to fix problems (ECM, balancing, etc, etc..)

I think we're seeing the beginnings of a Mechwarrior golden age. What say you? Have the developers come to live among us mortals?

Posted Image

Golden age over... most they can hope for is renaissance

#31 HRR Mary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:41 AM

Three weeks of renewed communication hardly constests for a "Golden Age".

Yes, improvements have been made, gift have been promised, and cooperative work is (eventually) going to start.

But if you look closely, the whole amelioration is tied to a few debacles : Reddit ban, transverse failed launch, overall insatisfaction with heavily handed nerfs (especially with freshly bought Clan tech).

Before rejoicing, take a back seat, and watch all this unfold, then in a year, look back and check the real progress.

Right now, the only thing we have is more mechs for sale.

#32 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:54 AM

May be too soon to answer.

Well, it might be the failing start of Transverse, but it seems to me too much of a sudden and extensive change to not think that IGP was not involved. After all, IGP was in care of PR, which is one of the the main issues the players had with PGI. For once, i want to be positive! :)

Edited by CyclonerM, 19 September 2014 - 03:54 AM.

#33 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

View PostLauLiao, on 18 September 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

No. Because an age would be UPON you, not AMONG you.

Thank you.

The thread title made my face muscles twitch.

#34 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:01 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 19 September 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

Going to sit back , Log into a TS server and **** and pillage like the rest. If the game actually turns I will spend some large.

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard.

Mud....................................on TS......................................in a group??!! :o

The Apocalypse is nigh........................ :D

Edited by Piney, 19 September 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#35 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:37 AM

If Community warfare and VoIP = true, resume being a generously paying player.
If Community warfare or VoIP = false, maintain boycott, continue playing for free.

#36 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 19 September 2014 - 03:56 AM, said:

Thank you.

The thread title made my face muscles twitch.

I'm so sorry. It's irritating me too now. Didn't catch it earlier as I was thinking, "The devs are among us!" and accidentally typed that instead of "Upon" in the title.

*sigh*

Also to everyone expressing doubt, I can completely understand that. However... I think Cycloner says it best!

View PostCyclonerM, on 19 September 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

May be too soon to answer.

Well, it might be the failing start of Transverse, but it seems to me too much of a sudden and extensive change to not think that IGP was not involved. After all, IGP was in care of PR, which is one of the the main issues the players had with PGI. For once, i want to be positive! :)

#37 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

DasSibby said (I think we're seeing the beginnings of a MechWarrior golden age. What say you? Have the developers come to live among us mortals?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would hope for a new MechWarrior golden age but first you have to understand what was the first MechWarrior Golden age to begin with. It started in 1996 with MechWarrio2 becoming Game of the year and a new online edition with netmech.

(On July 24, 1995, MechWarrior 2 finally managed to see the light of day. After several delays, fallouts with the development team, and threats of cancellation, the game would go on to win several awards and become a benchmark of three dimensional gaming in the mid 90s.)

(The MechWarrior 2 engine was still used but with upgraded graphics with terrain texture mapping and enhanced lighting effects and higher resolutions. A completely new musical score was devised for the game as well as an updated version of NetMech, called MercNet, which included native Internet-playing ability.)

From there all the expansions and MechWarrio3 was born and produced at that time there were around 500,000 players world wide playing PVE or on net.mech Kali or ten.net.

After this came the real golden age of MechWarrior which was in-game with NBT Leagues,MPBT3025,MWL Leagues ,and the Most Famous MSN GAMMING ZONE over 1,000,000 players world wide played on in-game servers for MechWarrio2,MechWarrio3,and MechWarrior4 and there expansions.

MWO would have to bring back a chat/lobby launcher system for private matches and private league to even come close to a golden days of MechWarrior I suspect right now the total player base of MWO to be as low as 10,000 players full and part time.

P.S I was there through it all and it was a hell of a ride and so much fun it is unbelievable to assume one IP could have brought you so much entertainment.

Edited by KingCobra, 19 September 2014 - 07:50 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users