King Crab - Bringing Back Phoenix Or Founders

805 replies to this topic

#21 mindwarp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

I'm a founder and a phoenix overlord, and an IS purist. I didn't buy the clan packs, not because I didn't think they were worth it or because I didn't want to support the game, but because I didn't want any clan mechs. So I'm sympathetic towards other IS purists who want the KGC and don't want to buy any clan mechs. Although it doesn't really bother me about phoenix coming back, I can definitely see why others think it shouldn't. And if it did, they definitely shouldn't get the badges. A new $80 mech pack with 4 mechs and their variants just like phoenix would get my money instantly. The phoenix pack felt like the best money I spent on MWO. If the Vulture stays exclusive, the KCG should as well.

#22 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 18 September 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

We are - I believe it is Dec 16th for MC and Jan 20th for C-Bills but there are those that would want the Custom version with the C-Bill bonus etc.

You could also simply sell it like a hero mech. Nobody would really have a legit complaint about that. Those who get it as a perk still get it free and those who say they want it enough to pay for it (or a big package to get it) can.

Edited by Terciel1976, 19 September 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#23 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Depending on the Chassis', possibly.

80$ package is reasonable enough.

Hardpoint inflated Panther, Assassin, cooling quirked BlackKnight, Mauler?

#24 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

I would be in favor of a new IS pack and if it included the Urbie would buy it! I agree selling old packs is wrong to the ppl who bought them with the understanding its for unique mechs, especially for the Founders! Phoenix is meh.

#25 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

I already have the king crab x4 at this point so I do not care about the timeline. However, more IS mechs in a package would be pretty awesome. If new, I'd be game.

#26 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

View PostHelsbane, on 18 September 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

I would love to see another wave of IS mechs injected into the game! I know the Clanbusters are a few years out, but there are PLENTY of other timeline appropriate rides to choose from. If the new package came with a Mauler in the assault slot, I'd purchase it in a heartbeat.

Light: Urban Mech
Medium: Assassin
Heavy: Black Knight
Assault: Mauler

#27 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Releasing packages too often would make customers like myself to pass on that... Too many mechs too fast is just too much. I already have highest tier package (or two) but would still like to support MWO with bigger amount. But not that often... IMHO releasing a high tier package now would be kind of arrogant. Especially if there are mechs I'd love to see ingame asap (like Marauder, Archer)

I'd say missing out on those high tier packages was their choice at the time and well... sorry to say, but too bad :unsure:

#28 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 18 September 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

Excellent Question that I knew would come up quickly.

No at this point with the new Map production process it would not effect the production of Maps or CW, however no I do not believe we could get this done by the same Dec 16th deadline. If there was interest we would need to meet and schedule internally but it would almost certainly need to slip into the new year guessing a date beyond that would be irresponsible at this point.

To clarify on the date portion - I had only meant the ability to order the new IS pack to meet the December 16th deadline for the King Crab reward, not necessarily the delivery of the mechs in the package.

Edited by EgoSlayer, 18 September 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#29 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

I'm still skeptical of PGI not to drop any money, yet. That will come after a satisfactory CW, or a HAMIB.

That said, there are plenty of buyers for more IS mechs so I'm sure PGI can profit greatly from it.
Clan Buster pack, Helm Memory Core pack...

Edited by El Bandito, 18 September 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#30 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:32 PM

$80 doesn't seem too farfetched. I'd probably buy into it regardless the mechs... but then I'm kind of foolish with money.

#31 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostEgoSlayer, on 18 September 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

To clarify on the date portion - I had only meant the ability to order the new IS pack to meet the December 16th deadline for the King Crab reward, not necessarily the delivery of the mechs in the package.

This idea has merit.

Pick the mechs, get started. If they drop in Jan/Feb, that's fine. You order them early though and you get the King Crab - obviously you can still order the package to Feb and get your King Crab late, but it opens the $80 option early.

#32 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Would be interested only if the chassi were new I think. I like the faction-paint thing, but wouldn't that make many hero mechs obsolete? There heroes are usually the worst variants so if we had standard variants with cbill bonus, heroes would die?

On a small side note, the package I am really missing is a kick-start package to help get new players started. Say a 6-mechs bundle with 3 light variants and 3 heavy variants where you can choose from some of the common good but not best mechs that everyone has already and price them relatively cheaply (not exploitably cheaply, but cheaply). Say Jenners and Cataphracts and a few more. My friends will never come back to this game if they will need start grinding but I can see them paying for a kick-start package if value is good. They have more money than spare time so to say. :)

#33 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

I will buy anything that says "Mauler".

So yea :)

#34 Ritterzero

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Since the Clans got several assaults capable of mounting dual gauss or ac20s, the IS should get one more in addition to the King Crab.

The Mauler or Night Star would be good choices.

#35 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

View PostSaxie, on 18 September 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Light: Urban Mech
Medium: Assassin
Heavy: Black Knight
Assault: Mauler

Sounds like a win!

edit: as long as the Urbie is in I am a buyer.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 18 September 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#36 Daoa Hakoke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

While I am already getting all of the rewards stated, I am a sucker for a package of new mechs. I would gladly pay $80 for a package of new mechs. My only concern is if it would effect CW, because that is more important, although you have stated it would not.

So if PGI wants to do another package sale for IS with new mechs added to it, I would buy it.

#37 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

Russ, given this topic is on the table, and folks are curious about IS mechs, what is the status on some of the reseen mechs like the Warhammer, Marauder, etc.? If you want folks to throw their shoulder out scrambling for their wallets, that would be the route to go. The new stylization of the reseen versions should take them far enough outside of the original IP rights HG owns to allow them in, doncha think?

#38 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

Ya know an easier answer might be to just drop this KC ingame as a pseudo-hero.

Would be the first time it happened but if people wanna drop $50 to get a Cbill bonus King Crab without waiting for a hero.. go ahead?

Make it available for a short time.

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 18 September 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#39 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:38 PM

New IS mechs already?!?!

GASPS...

#40 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:40 PM

I'd support this as long as it did not interfere with CW
Then again I know this would somehow be unacceptable to the "I want it now" crowd
If this new package was released after the MC/cbill release would it still have the same backing?

Edited by Destructicus, 18 September 2014 - 08:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users