Why Is Clan Wave 2 Not Being Released All At Once?

31 replies to this topic

#21 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

a better question would be why are they being released at all ? Last thing we need is more pay to win clans.

#22 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

View Postdarkkterror, on 18 September 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

Uhhmm...maybe the Clan Wave 2 mechs aren't all at the same state of readiness and so, rather than delay delivery of the entire package until all mechs are done, they're releasing them as they're ready?

Only thing I can think of.

then it isnt exactly a prepackage sale

#23 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostDazzer, on 21 September 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

a better question would be why are they being released at all ? Last thing we need is more pay to win clans.

You know the "The worst Mech Warrior in the Inner Sphere" quote in your sig may not be exaggerating.

#24 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

They need the money now, and they haven't finished the work yet.

That's consistently been the story of MWO so far, come to think of it.

#25 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

Go back under your bridge troll

#26 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

View Postred devil2, on 18 September 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

They are working on new maps and CW. Delivering the mechs when they are ready makes more sense than delaying maps & CW.

View PostDomoneky, on 18 September 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Or its possible they are doing it to keep up the production of new mechs without slowing down development of Community Warfare and such

The guys who model mechs are not the same people who work on community warfare.

#27 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Never mind, January will be here soon enough, if you start saving now you can buy them all for free :)

#28 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

It is pretty obvious it is to insure that their is a steady stream of new content. I mean just look at Clan Wave 1. There was no reason why just couldn't have just waited a month after the early access crowd go theirs and then released all of them at once for C-bills, instead they are dragging it out over 5 months.

So same thing for the most part. By delaying the release of each individual mech, they keep a constant steam of new content coming into the game for a few more month thus giving them time to ready more new content and keep up the stream.

I am 100% with the OP on this. Honestly the biggest issue I have with these pre-orders are that they are pre-orders. I really have no clue what I will be doing in 3 months. Maybe a new game will come out, maybe I will have a new girlfriend and can't play games much, maybe I will have a new job that effects this, etc, etc, so spending money now in hopes for later is a bit risky.

However, I know, right now, this very instant I am rather bored. In stead of looking at pictures or theorycrafting about them, I would rather be playing them. If they had them immediately available, PGI would have $90 in its pocket right now rather than me hemming and hawing about whether I should buy the $90 pack now, wait until the Hellbringer becomes available for $55 ala carte or even whether I should purchase anything. Seems like they lose an aweful lot of money by not catering to that instinct to impluse buy for immediate gratification.

#29 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm just glad the Ice Ferret is first out of the gate, not counting the bonus MD. Can't wait to be running at 120+ in one of those.

The days of annoying light mechs are numbered. :ph34r:

#30 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

View Postevil713, on 18 September 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

ok quote doesn't work. But look at the clan wave 2 FAQ.

instead of the last payed packages where everything was released in a large batch, Clan Wave 2 mechs are being released in 2 week-ish increments. Starting Nov 4 and ending Dec 16.

I just really want my Hellbringer.

I remember not being able to play the game at all the day that Wave 1 was released. I suspect that has something to do with the tiered release dates.

#31 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 21 September 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

It is pretty obvious it is to insure that their is a steady stream of new content. I mean just look at Clan Wave 1. There was no reason why just couldn't have just waited a month after the early access crowd go theirs and then released all of them at once for C-bills, instead they are dragging it out over 5 months.

So same thing for the most part. By delaying the release of each individual mech, they keep a constant steam of new content coming into the game for a few more month thus giving them time to ready more new content and keep up the stream.

I am 100% with the OP on this. Honestly the biggest issue I have with these pre-orders are that they are pre-orders. I really have no clue what I will be doing in 3 months. Maybe a new game will come out, maybe I will have a new girlfriend and can't play games much, maybe I will have a new job that effects this, etc, etc, so spending money now in hopes for later is a bit risky.

However, I know, right now, this very instant I am rather bored. In stead of looking at pictures or theorycrafting about them, I would rather be playing them. If they had them immediately available, PGI would have $90 in its pocket right now rather than me hemming and hawing about whether I should buy the $90 pack now, wait until the Hellbringer becomes available for $55 ala carte or even whether I should purchase anything. Seems like they lose an aweful lot of money by not catering to that instinct to impluse buy for immediate gratification.

I don't think its by choice, its just the fact that aside from the Vulture they simply aren't ready yet. They can only make 'Mechs so fast and both Project Phoenix and the Clan Wave 1 were announced months in advance too. The only difference here is more the fact that rather than drop everything/major interruption of production flow they are sticking to one 'Mech released a month and just announcing really early what they will be and allow people to cough up for them ahead of time.

#32 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

If clans are P2W than why, of all my clan mechs, do I still do better in a YLW?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users