http://mwomercs.com/...its-full-value/

#242 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 September 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

You know what I found sad, Wanderer? Clan pilots are so spoiled by their mechs, I see fewer and fewer of them to actively torso twist, compared to IS pilots. Boy, they are in for a rude awakening once the ST penalty hits.

That is because there is no point to it, not that Clan pilots are spoiled. I can easily target a TWs CT no matter which way he twists and his arms don't protect diddly squat. In fact the only existing Clan mech that gains any benefit from twisting right now is the Summoner and they are a pretty rare sight on the battlefield.

From the piloting perspective, because your CTs are targetable from virtually any forward angle, it just becomes more efficient to concentrate on maintaining aim and lead than twisting.

Now Clan Wave 2 is different. All of those mechs aside from the Mad Dog can and will benefit from twisting so you can bet you will see those clan Pilots twisting for all they are worth.

#243 Varik Ronain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:02 AM

So much misinformation in this thread... if you want to be taken seriously perhaps record your claims. It is pretty easy thing to do. get your lynch mob together, find 2 people with premium time and get a private match going. I have a timber so I can be the guinea pig. I can promise you that the bit boxes are not as bad as you all make them out to be. The CT is hard to miss and if they sport ANY kind of LRM/SRM the side torsos are pretty damn easy to hit as well.

My fire has never flown through the CT of a timber because he was feathering his JJ, though feathering JJs is something most light pilots learn!

So once again let us get together in a private lobby and test this stuff out ourselves and record/document it. Otherwise your claims have no grounds. (as far as magic hitboxes are concerned or the JJ issue) Yes they are fast and can hit hard but they are hardly the mech you all paint it to be.

P.S. Feel free to add me and test this stuff out!

Edited by Varik Ronain, 20 September 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#244 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:11 AM

I think the Timberwolf is just fine the way it is.

#245 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

Timber wolf is a bit overly good, the Direwolf is at least slow,(even if they make an Atlas look like a little baby :P)

The Timberwolf, has good hitboxes, good weapons good speed, jump jets for what sacrifice?

I also wonder about the hitboxes on the Stormcrow, they seem far too surdurdy for a medium.

#246 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostTorgun, on 20 September 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

Either way you can barely clear low obstacles now with an assault mech, thus having very few places where you can even poptart from. Even then you have to watch so you don't break your legs after a couple times. Victors will/should get their agility back, but still it won't change the poptarting that is linked to how the JJs thrust and how much fall damage you get. It's pretty much over so people have gravitated towards the current best thing: TWs all day and all night.

A Victor with AC10 + 2 PPC, xl 350 and 4 jump jets can poptart quite high and still have fuel to dampen the landing. You really do need the 4 jumpjets now, maybe that's the difference? Not as strong tactic of course but I'm levelling the victors right now and I still find poptarting one of the strongest builds on them. The dragon slayer also isn't the best for it anymore, at least for me, because I find I really need arm mounted PPCs to compensate for the sluggish torso when aiming quickly in the air.

As for the TW, that is a mech that is single handedly ******* up the matchmaker before even being available for Cbills...

#247 Jonny Taco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 706 posts
  • Locationan island

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostVarik Ronain, on 20 September 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

My fire has never flown through the CT of a timber because he was feathering his JJ, though feathering JJs is something most light pilots learn!

What I find amusing is that so many people complain about feathering JJ specifically in regards to the TW... The reality is that spamming JJ to break your mechs animation resulting in teleporting hit boxes is not only doable on any JJ fit mech but has been an issue since basically day 1.

I find it sad that such a major issue is not heavily discussed... Exploiting broken animation loops to gain an advantage beyond the intended scope of the mechanic should have been solved in closed beta... It would be really nice if Russ or someone in the art team would make an official statement about their stance on this.

#248 shadN

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 20 September 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

I think the Timberwolf is just fine the way it is.

And I think the TW is proof for p2w.

It weighs 75t, the Orion has serious disadvantages hitboxeswise because it is the heaviest mech in its class, like the Atlas too, btw. It is the only clan heavy with all sorts of crazy goodies, big reactor, ff, es. It takes out every single IS assault easily.

It costs about 200 $? Honestly, who would be willing to pay 200 $ for a virtual good. Oh right, it is the whale.

(plz google - whale free to play - or just read http://www.gamasutra...he_.php?print=1)

Edited by shadN, 20 September 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#249 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

I ve killed plenty of Timberwolf with smaller mechs. An assault mech alone = a dead mech walking.

I know that they are fast but if you can focus fire on one of is side and remove it...you remove half of its firepower...then its yours. You just need to spread on your armor is incoming damage.

No mechs are invincible...all depend on the pilot inside.

I ve killed one time a Direwolf with a half of its weight mech (not by shooting is rear juicy part) but by walking fast and trying to avoid must if is firepower.

The guys was trying to alpha me all the time...missing must of is hit...then i killed him and he said that i must be cheating.....if mobility is cheating then i m cheating :)

#250 Varik Ronain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostshadN, on 20 September 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

It weighs 75t, the Orion has serious disadvantages hitboxeswise because it is the heaviest mech in its class, like the Atlas too, btw. It is the only clan heavy with all sorts of crazy goodies, big reactor, ff, es. It takes out every single IS assault easily.

It costs about 200 $? Honestly, who would be willing to pay 200 $ for a virtual good. Oh right, it is the whale.

(plz google - whale free to play - or just read http://www.gamasutra...he_.php?print=1)

You sir get no credit for this post, you failed to even get a correct price on the TW! You also just whine and have NOTHING to back up your claims. You could start by trying to explain to me and everyone here how the hitboxes are so much worse for an Orion....

( seriously if you throw numbers around make sure you have the right ones first at least )

#251 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

And i pilot my clan mechs the same way i pilot my IS mechs.... Funny thing is i m an ambushers so i m always able to get close to my targets

Even during the LURM pocalypse or the poptart era

#252 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostshadN, on 20 September 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

You can buy a Timber Wolf for C-bills in Nov. So it was more like pay to use early... If I wasn't on my phone right now, I'd post the roster lists from my games last night that showed most heavies being used were IS.

I bought my Timbers for the Ala Cart, so they were $50 not the $200 you are talking about. But I felt that having a mech that I've had a history in other mechwarrior games of doing well in, worth that that price, rather then having to wait for a couple of months.

#253 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

And when the King Crab will be out....how many people will start to say PGI pls nerf it!!

#254 shadN

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostVarik Ronain, on 20 September 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

You sir get no credit for this post, you failed to even get a correct price on the TW! You also just whine and have NOTHING to back up your claims. You could start by trying to explain to me and everyone here how the hitboxes are so much worse for an Orion....

( seriously if you throw numbers around make sure you have the right ones first at least )

https://mwomercs.com/clans

http://mwomercs.com/...-truck-pls-fix/

Calling me sir does not make your comment more true, senor.

AND paying 55$ for a virtual good is pretty expensive too IMO. I just bought Assassins Creed4 for 20 $ and that is an AAA title. In my job I regularly have to experience ppl who absolutely ruin themselves for virtual goods. Google "free to play whale" plz.

Edited by shadN, 20 September 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#255 Varik Ronain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostshadN, on 20 September 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

That is for MULTIPLE mechs not just the TW.. that is a package (7 prime and 14 variants is 21 mechs). Click the A LA CARTE tab..... 55 dollars for all 3 of the TW...

Edited by Varik Ronain, 20 September 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#256 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

Man there are so many tears and snot puddles in this thread it makes me sick to my stomach. Before clan mechs where delivered people knew not to stand in front of a Atlas or Stalker it was just common sense.

The clans where delivered and we have 2 mechs just like the (IS) you don't stand in front of and let them shoot you, Dire Wolfs and Timber Wolfs.. you would think this would be common sense.

#257 shadN

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 20 September 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Man there are so many tears and snot puddles in this thread it makes me sick to my stomach. Before clan mechs where delivered people knew not to stand in front of a Atlas or Stalker it was just common sense.

The clans where delivered and we have 2 mechs just like the (IS) you don't stand in front of and let them shoot you, Dire Wolfs and Timber Wolfs.. you would think this would be common sense.

Atlas and Stalker: 50 kph.
Timberwolf: 80 kph + JJ turning.

#258 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostshadN, on 20 September 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Atlas and Stalker: 50 kph.
Timberwolf: 80 kph + JJ turning.

Funny you didn't mention the slow ass non turning Dire Wolf or the 10 (IS) lights that run circles abound anything the Clans will ever have at speeds that top 150 kph.... get real..

#259 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostVarik Ronain, on 20 September 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

The CT is hard to miss and if they sport ANY kind of LRM/SRM the side torsos are pretty damn easy to hit as well.

Most people don't realize the entire upper shoulder of the arm is actually ST and not Arm.

Image Credit: Tam Barlas

Posted Image

Edited by Ultimatum X, 20 September 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#260 shadN

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 20 September 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Funny you didn't mention the slow ass non turning Dire Wolf or the 10 (IS) lights that run circles abound anything the Clans will ever have at speeds that top 150 kph.... get real..

I didnt mention the DW because that would have been off topic. Compare the weapon loadout of a DW to an Atlas. Then laugh. Then agree with me.

37 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users