• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostshadN, on 20 September 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Atlas and Stalker: 50 kph.
Timberwolf: 80 kph + JJ turning.

You mean a heavy is faster than assault mechs? The Horror!

But in all seriousness, to get the jumping, they are eating tonnage to get, so making their available weapons tonnage smaller. Unlike IS mechs they do not have the option of smaller engines, or standard engines. Do I need 80+ kph in my build no, I'd rather have a few more heatsinks, but I can't.

If I get caught out in the open or jumped by two mechs, or an Atlas I'm going to have a bad time, I'll kill one or criple one before I die.

#262 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

I wish clan mech had hard points for JJs.

Adding an S left torso allows you to place JJs in the right torso? How odd.

This would limit some timberwolf builds.

Kit fox would get hit by this too, but not very hard since it has 4 available JJ pod locations, and none conflict with other hard points.

I am looking forward to the heat/speed penalty for losing a side torso.

This will hit the timberwolf pretty hard, since it has big side torsos.

I would also add negative agility quirks with the JJ capable bits. Or, larger quirks for the bits that have them already.

I am glad we have the S variant, but I want more encouragement to keep your timberwolf on the ground. Most variants did not jump in lore. Anti-agility quirks would do this.

#263 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

I use the S torsos mostly for the double missle racks, since I run a D package, so the JJ thing has zero impact on me.

I think they should have used the D package over the S package, since that is more lore and time line correct than a model that was devolved after they started the invasion of the IS.....

#264 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 20 September 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

I use the S torsos mostly for the double missle racks, since I run a D package, so the JJ thing has zero impact on me.

I think they should have used the D package over the S package, since that is more lore and time line correct than a model that was devolved after they started the invasion of the IS.....

Well, if they added more severe negative agility quirks for the S torsos, nothing would stop them from adding in the D side torso omnipods, which would allow for 4x missile racks and no JJs, but without the negative handling quirks.

FYI you don't really run a D config, because the D has 2 rear firing missile racks ;)

And any timberwolf that uses missiles is gonna get hit pretty hard once they add in the penalty for losing a side torso... missile pods make the side torsos HUGE, even the smaller pods are quite big.

I actually wish they would model smaller ears for the SRM2, SRM4, and NARC, rather than just using the LRM5/SRM6 version with some of the tubes missing.

Edited by Fire and Salt, 20 September 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#265 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

Well as close as I can, its been my go-to Timber Wolf since Mechwarrior 2....

#266 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

Again get off the nerf train until we get all the IS quirks they are working on now.

#267 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 20 September 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Again get off the nerf train until we get all the IS quirks they are working on now.

It doesn't change the fact that the timberwolf is overpowered compared to the other clan mechs...

I wish they would UN-NERF the clan weapons that they added heat to, and then nerf the OP mechs instead.

Why did the kitfox, adder, nova, summoner, and warhawk need a nerf?

#268 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

'Cause some people find it better for their ego to have something made near useless so that they don't have to learn how to beat it at its full potential. IE the vocal minority on any games' forums....

#269 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

guys argue what you want, but I took out nearly all my clanmechs during this weekend with 2x XP stuff except warhawk and Summoner.

And just by this, my TW did far superior than my other mechs. Withotu making special efforts,normal macthes in TW's regulary turn out like this:

Laser vomit TW with 5 medium alsers 2 large pulselasers
Posted Image

4xLRM10 + artemis + 5 medium lasers in river city night (and so i nearly not used my LRM's even because there weren't much proper locks. it was mostlikely brawl happenign ebtween the buildings and at the river ridges.
Posted Image

yes these are porobably some of the typically "best" macthes i ever mad, but strange that they all appear to happen in a Timberwolf, while "normal" matches in other mechs are roughly 40% below that. And to get to TW levels of results you need a good run in other mechs.

View PostRetroActive, on 19 September 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

I dominated a TW 1v1 in my AC40 Jager during the recent IS vs Clan test. I didn't even take any damage. Peek, BOOM, peek, BOOM, peek, DEAD.

Boom Jager SUPER OP?!?

Wow, so because he was not able to hit you, which is a piloting mistake, not a mech issue, it not op? thats hardly a valid argument. Bad piloting is bad piloting Not even the strongest mehc will help such a pilot. But these pilot are not a valid argument in the discussion.

doesn't helps with the fact that clanmechs would still keep unbalanced amongst each others.

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 September 2014 - 02:08 PM.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users