How Do You Deal With Griefers / Intentional Tkers / Etc.

3 replies to this topic

#1 AccessTime

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

I don't know if this is a trend or not, but until maybe a week ago this was rarely an issue.

Now it seems like it is, maybe the trend in popularity or this being a free-to-play game, low cost of entry, non-effective policing, etc. Of maybe ten matches, I've had three in which at least one mech on our team was TKed in the very beginning of the game, like the first 30 seconds or so, and almost certain it was intentional, not accidental or something stupid like weapons testing or stemming from the persistent IFF problems in the game.

I'm not saying canon battletech world wasn't filled with spies, infiltrators, intrigue, treachery, or the like, but it doesn't make for a very fun game when one player can essentially sabotage the game for the team of the side he drops on, by killing essentially removing at least 2 and maybe 3 or more mechs from the team. This is what ruins a lot of online type games (especially if left unchecked or if it gets out of control). I know people are saying this game has gotten better over the past few weeks, but better isn't going to make a difference if one bad player out of twelve can ruin it for the other eleven.

With CW this seems like it could be an even larger problem, since there would be a good motivation to join factions with ill intent (ie. a player who is really loyal to House Davion who "joins up" with House Kurita to sabotage as many of their operations before he is realized for who he is and kicked."

Again this might be Canon battletech, but only if spies were dealt with harshly, tortured and executed, along with family members, assets seized and so on.

If this is a trend, it seems like the game either needs effective policing, or it needs to give players way(s) to handle these things by themselves, similar to what would happen in Canon battletech.

Edited by AccessTime, 19 September 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#2 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

I see this happen very very rarely.

Maybe due to a different Elo bracket or different time schedule we play in.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

If I see it happening and know who fired the first shot. I kill em. A traitor in the ranks will not be tolerated. I told PGI to do what they must if a ticket is turned in on me.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Players violating the griefing rules or the code of conduct can and should be reported to support@mwomercs.com. You can also use the web-form you find under support, though some users reported problems with it recently.

In your report please make sure that the following informations are included:
- Name of the offending player
- Type of offense
- Map played
- Date, time and timezone

Additionally you can provide the following to help the staff in sorting things:
- Names of other players involved (witnesses)
- Screenshots
- Links to videos or other material that might be usefull for this specific case.

Do not act in self defence or you make it harder for the GMs to find the right punishment for the offender and maybe even make yourself a target for punishment.

Closing thread!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users