How To Fight This?

30 replies to this topic

#21 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

a standing still blob? arty and airstrike. cheesy as cheesy ever gets, but it breaks up blobs.

Anyone ever photoshop a can of "Cheez-whiz" to say "airstrike"?

#22 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostSadist Cain, on 19 September 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Severely doubt that's the case. Never seen tactics outside of blob up and focus fire in "competitive" games.

Lord knows what might happen when gamers discover squad based tactics...

That will never happen, we've already had support for it in the game for over a year and nobody has caught on yet.

#23 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 19 September 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

They will...

I do hope so, I'm starting to notice (partially due to the separated spawns that were long overdue) some lances actually acting as a lance.
Then you just get those games when no one on the team can conceive working in tandem beyond 50m away or even the idea of simple timing...

View PostSatan n stuff, on 19 September 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

That will never happen, we've already had support for it in the game for over a year and nobody has caught on yet.

Very true however, in "gameworld" no one gets any reward or bonuses for trying to use these systems, cat in hells chance of any Lance or Team CO being listened to in any meaningful sense so they just lie by the wayside unused...

Personally I think the battlegrid needs to have more a of a role in battle and information warfare systems, will never happen not even with Pgis renewed Vigor but it'd be nice to see something... ANYTHING directed towards teaching some elements of coordination.
Like I said, the spawns were a good start, more can be done though.

Who doesn't love it when a plan comes together?

#24 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

One does not simply win against a 12 man tryhards.

#25 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

ROFL this thread.

They are so far from tryhard its not even funny guys do you even look at the ss's? Do you even play group queue? Calling this tryhard when some teams bring 12 clan mechs and 35/55/75/100 pure or nothing but 100% FLD builds...

They are most likely relying heavily on large lasers unless those Stalkers are PPC which I haven't seen in a long time.

They are preparing for CW and playing pure IS comps. They being a 12-man are actually dropping with 3/3/3/3. They are toying with Cicada 3M strats meaning they aren't even taking max firepower with 3x55t mechs.

They brought a Hunch one of those games lol.

Yes you can see that the backbone of their comp is CTF-3D's and STK-3H's and you know exactly what that means. It means lots of longer range high mounted firepower for sniping.

They are just outplaying disorganized group queue teams in their 12-man. In order to beat it you need to not engage them in ways that take some of the advantage and initiative away from their STK/CTF core.

Edited by Hoax415, 19 September 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#26 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostHoax415, on 19 September 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

ROFL this thread.

They are so far from tryhard its not even funny guys do you even look at the ss's? Do you even play group queue? Calling this tryhard when some teams bring 12 clan mechs and 35/55/75/100 pure or nothing but 100% FLD builds...

They are most likely relying heavily on large lasers unless those Stalkers are PPC which I haven't seen in a long time.

They are preparing for CW and playing pure IS comps. They being a 12-man are actually dropping with 3/3/3/3. They are toying with Cicada 3M strats meaning they aren't even taking max firepower with 3x55t mechs.

They brought a Hunch one of those games lol.

Yes you can see that the backbone of their comp is CTF-3D's and STK-3H's and you know exactly what that means. It means lots of longer range high mounted firepower for sniping.

They are just outplaying disorganized group queue teams in their 12-man. In order to beat it you need to not engage them in ways that take some of the advantage and initiative away from their STK/CTF core.

So IS tryhard group then.

#27 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostSadist Cain, on 19 September 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Very true however, in "gameworld" no one gets any reward or bonuses for trying to use these systems, cat in hells chance of any Lance or Team CO being listened to in any meaningful sense so they just lie by the wayside unused...

The reward is that you can coordinate your team more effectively with it, as long as you use it alongside your regular comms.
In private matches you can set up lances ahead of time, so if you're going 4x3 you could for example have one wolfpack with 3 lights and a medium, a lance with mediums and heavies and a lance with a heavy and 3 assaults, each given reasonably detailed orders without keeping comms occupied for the duration. This allows you to keep using voice or text chat to report and respond to events as they happen.

You could set down some waypoints as preparation to a coordinated assault, which would be much faster than actually telling everyone where you want them, when you're done you can give whatever orders are appropriate. For example 'Move to your waypoint and report when ready, engage on the word "go".' It's also easy to create diversions this way, a hit and run with a reasonably fast lance followed immediately by an assault using the big slow guys, etc.

Then there's the difference between lance focus fire and team focus fire, it only takes about one lance to kill any mech in a reasonable amount of time, what's reasonable depends on lance mobility. A light lance can take their sweet time killing heavier mechs because of their ability to disengage and re-engage at will, an assault lance needs to kill any target in seconds to capitalize on the element of surprise because their inability to do the same. Either way having them all shoot the same target is a massive waste of firepower. I personally would rather have my team take out up to 3 mechs in the first few seconds than have them thoroughly kill just one.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 19 September 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#28 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 September 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

So IS tryhard group then.

Sounded more like a coordinated group Mal!
Posted Image

#29 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

10 man is the new 12 man stomp... =P

But in all seriousness, if you're dropping with you and a buddy, then you have to be prepared to work with whomever you end up with to fight that team. I mean really work with.

What do you pilot, and we can work from there to find out a viable tactic.

#30 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

He ran a hero assault in all 3 matches.

Even when him and his partner took 2 assaults they didn't break 300 damage combined.

g1:
heavy metal + AWS-9M
270 damage

3/3/3/3 team comp

0 damage victor on friendly team

g2:
dragon slayer + KFX
70 damage

1/1/5/5 team comp

g3:
heavy metal + SCR
140 damage

OP did 0 damage in his HM

friendly team had 4 people who did 0 damage

1/4/4/3 team comp

The MM is trying to help out by giving some extra tonnage but its not working.

Edited by Hoax415, 19 September 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#31 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:24 PM

More specifically, what's your loadout? If you guys are bringing nothing but small lasers, I think I may be able to determine why your damage output is suffereing ;-P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users