Friends "blinking" "blinking" "blinking" "blinking"

9 replies to this topic

#1 Aurrous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:20 AM

If i'm not clicked on the Friends tab.. CAN IT NOT BLINK ALL THE TIME.. i don't need to know every time it changes.. there is over 200 people on the list, IT changes a lot.. If i'm not getting an invite, a message, or an alert my mech bay is on fire... PLEASE STOP BLINKING THE BLINKITY BLINK OUT OF IT...

Thanks for your time..

#2 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostAurrous, on 19 September 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

If i'm not clicked on the Friends tab.. CAN IT NOT BLINK ALL THE TIME.. i don't need to know every time it changes.. there is over 200 people on the list, IT changes a lot.. If i'm not getting an invite, a message, or an alert my mech bay is on fire... PLEASE STOP BLINKING THE BLINKITY BLINK OUT OF IT...

Thanks for your time..

I agree, drives me crazy. I wish it would only blink when someone sends you a message. Now I find myself missing messages because I've learned to ignore the...blinking, blinking, blinking.

#3 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

I have contemplated electrical tape over that section of screen.

Seconded, and the motion carries.
PGI, take your time, but fix this before we all go crazy(er)

#4 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, it's really annoying when it just starts blinking as people log on/off. It really should only light up if you've got an invite or a message, or something. Either that, or let us add friends to a "favorites" list, and have that activate the blinking when people log on/off, but let us choose which players go on that list.

#5 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

I think there are plenty of things to fix with the UI 2.0 before the little blinking social icon. The mouse-over beep for instance (what possible purpose does that serve other than being annoying???). Or the module arrangement (how about putting the ones I use most often on top? Better yet, make it so I can arrange it myself?). Or the almost incomprehensible/incomplete summary pop-up (the graph thing is useless, and it doesn't tell me what engine I have or what weapons are where). Or sticking the Trial/Champion mech right next to my owned mechs in Mechlab. Or that I have to exit the group window to switch mechs.

To be fair, they have made a few improvements since UI 2.0 first came out. I hope they're continuing to work on it.

#6 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

I agree, should only blink when a chat message has been typed, not from coming online.

#7 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostAloha, on 19 September 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

I think there are plenty of things to fix with the UI 2.0 before the little blinking social icon. The mouse-over beep for instance (what possible purpose does that serve other than being annoying???)...

Just to point out, you can already disable that sound in the game's Settings menu.

#8 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

I'm just glad there isn't a pop-up window in your cockpit. I can sort it all out after a match.

#9 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 19 September 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Just to point out, you can already disable that sound in the game's Settings menu.

I don't want to disable all my sounds. Just the mouse-over blurp.

#10 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

This is just because it is not a well developed social interface. Since so much is going to be done through this, I think a redesign is necessary, including fast informational icons that can give basic info at a glance. Consider how Facebook does their little icons. Seriously, I should not be told when people come and go from my friends list when it's 250 people long and it's moving like a subway turnstyle. It'd be nice to select 'ignore' for people coming and going, as well as a list of how many messages or notifications.

I would also love to be able to use the social tab while waiting for the drop instead of having it blacked out.

Some basic usability changes in what is going to be a powerful tool need to happen before CW Phase 3 and preferably before PHase 2 goes live.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users