Do Pgi Not Take Discover?

6 replies to this topic

#1 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

Under the payment options Discover Cards are a viable option, I tried using my Discover to buy MC but it kept giving me the message "This Card Was Declined". I checked with the bank and everything was fine, then i emailed support@mechwarrior.com; However, I tried my Visa a few minutes later and payment went through.

So my question is simple, does PGI not accept Discover Card?

#2 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:54 AM

Did you check if the issue was making an international purchase? Some financial institutions auto-block such purchases. I had that issue with my Visa-debit.

#3 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:05 AM

Kind of strange that it declined one and accepted the other if that was the case. if the bank said it was good then it would have been a policy on the vendor end.

The payment system has been wonky since the Wave 2 hit.

#4 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:23 AM

I recently had this same issue but it is working fine now. Seems like it was just a temp. Glitch.

#5 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:35 AM

I have had citicard call and put a hold on my card for mc and the packages, but honestly I am glad they did so. It takes 1 minute to call and confirm this is an actual approved transaction and I prefer a more cautious CC company then one that I have to argue over thousands of inappropriate transactions.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:07 AM

They take paypal and paypal takes discover as I remember.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 20 September 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#7 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostGriggio, on 20 September 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Kind of strange that it declined one and accepted the other if that was the case. if the bank said it was good then it would have been a policy on the vendor end.

The payment system has been wonky since the Wave 2 hit.

Not so strange. Individual financial institutions are not obligated to have the same policies. Or even the same policies in place for every customer. If your Discover card, for example, previously had an unauthorized foreign charge on it, they might pre-emptively block all international transactions on your account to avoid such a thing happening again. Meanwhile, your Visa might not have any such block on it at all.

Honestly, I was surprised when my Visa debit was blocked from international transactions, as I used to use it at ATMs when I was stationed overseas. Probably a change in policy at my credit union that occurred between then and now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users