Suggestion Re: Is/clan Mechs In Wrong Factions

1 reply to this topic

#1 JimTheRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

I'm sure someone's suggested this before, but I'm having trouble finding anything about it with the search bar.

So.

Inner sphere guys rolling around in clan mechs, well, they have to pay a fortune in technician fees to keep those things running, right? So C-bill earnings plummet like a stone.

And clanners? They're a prestige based society. What could be LESS prestigious than running around in some freebirth's antique excuse for a battlemech? So penalize earnings in whatever currency the clans receive.

As for the 10v12 thing?

Well, clan mechs have been getting rebalanced down, but what if clan mechs being piloted by the inner sphere had additional negative quirks? A clan mech is still appealing for an IS warrior, but one on one with an actual clanner in one, the clanner has the edge. And these old IS designs, they're ANCIENT. A haflway decent clanner technician can tune them like nobody in the Inner sphere ever could, giving them additional positive quirks.

Anyway. Just a thought, since I'm an IS guy who still loves his MadCat.

#2 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

Pretty sure that they said CW will be pure clan vs pure IS at the start, at least.

IS did eventually field some clan 'mechs, but it took them a while to get the engineering ability to do so. Not in 3050.

The clans did use some star league-era mechs, though many were upgraded to IIC versions. In any case, they were not used in the initial wave of the invasion.

Edited by Fire and Salt, 20 September 2014 - 04:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users