#81 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostKrinkov, on 21 September 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

I'm thinking they will increase the hardpoints in the two identical models. Something like:
  • KGC-000: ballistics in both arms, two energy in the right torso, two missiles in the left torso
  • KGC-0000: two ballistics in both arms, energy in the Right Torso, Missiles in the Left Torso
  • KGC-010: ballistics in both arms, energy in both side-torsos, missiles in both side-torsos

Actually, I think you'd more likely get something like
  • KGC-000: two ballistics in both arms, two energy in the right torso, one missiles in the left torso, dual AMS
  • KGC-0000: two ballistics in both arms, one energy in the Right Torso, three Missiles in the Left Torso
  • KGC-010: ballistics in both arms, energy in both side-torsos, missiles in both side-torsos
Dual AMS seems to fit one of the 3 mechs, and since the 000 is star-league era, it's a good candidate, but it needs more than just 6 weapoon hardpoints, so inflate the Energy by 1. End result, works well as a brawler and can weather the LRM Rain as it approaches (slowly).

0000 doesn't get the second AMS or extra energy slot, so it gets 3 missile slots on the LT. Gives it reach with LRMs, or SRM Brawling, and cooler than the 000 but more ammo dependent.

Alternive to the 0000 is the 001 clan buster, which has 5 weapon hardpoints (it has 1 SSRM2 in each torso) by default, could offer 2 more in the arms, and has the missiles spread out. It could also have a higher engine cap since it's an XL mech by default, and it wouldn't have the larger missile hunch on the LT then.

010 works fine with no hardpoint growth. It's balanced with 6 hard points due to the spread. Maybe it has an increased arm range as it might get the lower arm actuators back.

I see the 000 and the 010 definately. Not sure if we'll get the 0000 or the 001, though the 001 would make some level of sense.

#82 Krinkov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostBront, on 21 September 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Actually, I think you'd more likely get something like

I was going on past experience. When one variant is well armed in TT but the rest have few hardpoints, they usually bump up the variants with lesser hard points up to the amount of the better armed version. Since one version has six hardpoints they will probably just buff the variants with four hardpoints up to six. The way he designed the claws shows that at least a double ballistic is coming.

#83 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 20 September 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

Still I am looking forward to seeing this mech. 2 AC/20 and 1 PPC depending on factors like Endo Steel and XL engine viability and maybe even an LRM15 or something. That is going to be one scary mech.

well its stock armnament on its original star leaque design was 2 ac20 an lrm 15 and a large laser sooo... your ideas are viable, also its max speed was 54 kmh it had no torso twist the torso was mounted between the legs with no actuator for twisting, thing was meant to crawl along and strip the armor off of any assault mech in a single salvo as its design specs called for

#84 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostKrinkov, on 21 September 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

I was going on past experience. When one variant is well armed in TT but the rest have few hardpoints, they usually bump up the variants with lesser hard points up to the amount of the better armed version. Since one version has six hardpoints they will probably just buff the variants with four hardpoints up to six. The way he designed the claws shows that at least a double ballistic is coming.

Hey, it's all theories till they announce it. I'd be fine with either, though I think I like how my suggestion breaks down more for creating some variety.

#85 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

I still like this one the best.
It's broad, it's flat, and it's very crabby! (And give us Crab Junior too!)
Posted Image

Edited by Duncan Jr Fischer, 21 September 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#86 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 20 September 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

You are a legendary founder so you should be all set for the Atlas and the King Crab.

Btw don't take the comparison to the Atlas as being how it will be sized in game. Not sure why Alex did that but the scaling will come from the modelers and they will do side by side comparisons of the art before they begin to model.

IDK, the scale used actually looks about right. If you look at it, it's legs look to be almost the same length as the Atlas'. (The King Crab has a lower, hunched over profile due to being a non-humanoid mech.) I could see it being slightly larger, but not by much.

#87 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 September 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...80#entry3745680
http://mwomercs.com/...04#entry3747104

apparently I was channeling my inner Strum, yesterday!

Posted Image

;)

#88 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 21 September 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

This one looks better, shorter legs and no torso twist problems.
Posted Image

This so much

I wish they finalized on this one. But it looks like they decided to go for a look that is closer to table top :(

But at least the current one looks like it wont get side torsoed and armed that easiliy.

Edited by Jin Ma, 21 September 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#89 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 21 September 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

This so much

I wish they finalized on this one. But it looks like they decided to go for a look that is closer to table top :(

But at least the current one looks like it wont get side torsoed and armed that easiliy.

Bear in mind that the design of the legs allows the model to stand/squat to change height, and the angle of the art does not really give you a proper appreciation of the width of the model. The picture above is almost a full frontal view, so you can't really see how bent the legs are - but look at the upper portion of the leg. The one above is bent far further than the concept art, which is almost vertical:

Posted Image

The concept art is probably at the most extreme side angle of all the art released thus far. so it really is hard to judge how it is proportioned. History shows that the modelling team will have some free license with the transition from art to mesh, so we should probably wait for that to be released before there is any real critiquing.

#90 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

This so much

side torsos and arms are there to protect the CT. If that is too easy to hit, the mech is useless, period.

I'd rather lose a whole side, absorbing 100 some damage, and still be firing an ac20 and either a large laser or LRM launcher, than have an easier to hit CT.

Give me the above picture over the current one, any day.

#91 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 21 September 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Bear in mind that the design of the legs allows the model to stand/squat to change height, and the angle of the art does not really give you a proper appreciation of the width of the model. The picture above is almost a full frontal view, so you can't really see how bent the legs are - but look at the upper portion of the leg. The one above is bent far further than the concept art, which is almost vertical:

Posted Image

The concept art is probably at the most extreme side angle of all the art released thus far. so it really is hard to judge how it is proportioned. History shows that the modelling team will have some free license with the transition from art to mesh, so we should probably wait for that to be released before there is any real critiquing.

its more of a proportion thing. that concept art has smaller legs and larger arms.

#92 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 21 September 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Yes and no. It's quite easy to see the hips are too wide compared to the carapace and arms, and the torso jutting too far forward. You do 3D modelling, and you got to see the inherent clipping issues from those.

#93 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

This so much

Posted Image

?

#94 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 September 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

?

I know that's a quick 'shop, but I really like the texture on your enlarged claws. Industrial.

#95 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

There is no "pre" in "pre order." Any package purchased at anytime gets you the Atlas S. You do not have to purchase before the mechs were/are released. Thus, anyone purchasing a clan wave one or wave 2 package today, or in the future, will get the atlas S.

So says Russ.

#96 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostKaptain, on 21 September 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

There is no "pre" in "pre order." Any package purchased at anytime gets you the Atlas S. You do not have to purchase before the mechs were/are released. Thus, anyone purchasing a clan wave one or wave 2 package today, or in the future, will get the atlas S.

So says Russ.

that is good, then perhaps he should edit the "pre" out of pre-sale on the official post?
http://mwomercs.com/...21#entry3724421

#97 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

Posted Image

View PostJin Ma, on 21 September 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

I think so too.. that one might actually be able to torso twist w/o clipping. Plust the legs look tons better, and it can probably walk without looking funky like the stalker

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 September 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

agreed. I think the STs/Shoulders still need to stick out a little more, but it seems more mechanically sound.

This so much

Wow, I thought was the only one who worry about how it will actually look like, I mean I was so disappointed with Banshee and Timberwolf, can't let them screw King Crab. I think the one above strikes fine balance between torso volume, leg length and arm size. Green one is either too flat or have way too long legs or both and somehow it reminds me of Stormcrow clunky movement animation.

Edited by kapusta11, 21 September 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#98 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostAH Keira_NZ, on 21 September 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

its hit box for the cockpit will have to be really small. As a prolific head shotter I know having this ones cockpit in what looks like dead center of mass is asking for a few unintentional headshots.

Not complaining, but I DO enjoy the difficulty of the challenge of cockpit shots.

Unlike, again, how the awesome was

#99 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 21 September 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

well its stock armnament on its original star leaque design was 2 ac20 an lrm 15 and a large laser sooo... your ideas are viable, also its max speed was 54 kmh it had no torso twist the torso was mounted between the legs with no actuator for twisting, thing was meant to crawl along and strip the armor off of any assault mech in a single salvo as its design specs called for

and xls on wide as hell mechs = death O.o

#100 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 20 September 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

You are a legendary founder so you should be all set for the Atlas and the King Crab.

Btw don't take the comparison to the Atlas as being how it will be sized in game. Not sure why Alex did that but the scaling will come from the modelers and they will do side by side comparisons of the art before they begin to model.

it would be nice if they did the comparisons not only to concept art, but also the current ingame mechs as well. And even better if they designate a perfectly sized mech. In the middle of a class' tonage range. and make all mechs in reference to that one.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users