38 replies to this topic

#21 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

View PostArrogusss, on 20 September 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

Not just you, I agree 100%
Reminds me of something "Covenant" from HALO.
Put a Glossy Purple and Teal Paint on it, and it becomes a Covenant "mech" lol. I might just go with that paint scheme anyway.

Well, here is the original look, for your consideration.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Remember, the King Crab is not an Inner Sphere mech, but a cutting edge Star League mech. It's Lostech. The King Crab is really not SUPPOSED to be available right now. A minute hand full are left in the inner sphere, most in the possession of Comstar, mothballed on Terra. The inclusion of the King Crab is only because the community has been mewling for an assault mech with dual AC20s to beat the Daishi.

It looks a little sleaker and a little more high tech, because it IS supposed to be a little sleaker and more high tech. The same could be said about the Highlander, as it's Star League tech, too. The only difference being that there's still a few in production.

It's not completely impossible find, but not much easier than. It's kind of like having the YF-23 being a playable jet in a modern flight simulator.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 20 September 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

I think it's the forward arms and inverted knee, but I'm getting a marauder vibe with it.

totally. Slap dorsal cannon on it, and it would be pretty obvious.

View PostGhogiel, on 20 September 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Hmm.. yeah it is fat. I guess about 10%.

It's arms would be like scraping the ground if it was reduced any more XD

10% height reduction, but probably a 15-20% width?

#23 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 20 September 2014 - 06:29 PM, said:

Seriously I was walking next to a Catphract the other day and was completely shocked when I realized not only was I just as tall as him, I was actually quite a bit wider.

Well, considering he's on a horse and you're not, I can't really say.

Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 20 September 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#24 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

I'm a bit more worried about the Loki. There pushing it as close to the Warhammer as they can while still calling it the Hellbringer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So hopefully they wont have any issues.

#25 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 20 September 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Hmm.. yeah it is fat. I guess about 10%.

It's arms would be like scraping the ground if it was reduced any more XD

The height is fine, it's mostly the width that is an issue - and being wide is one of the worst attributes a mech can have for it's physical dimensions.

#26 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostCorbon Zackery, on 20 September 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

I'm a bit more worried about the Loki. There pushing it as close to the Warhammer as they can while still calling it the Hellbringer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So hopefully they wont have any issues.

HG wouldn't want to go to court on this one... If they did they would have done so back in the day. Pretty safe to assume that it's done and dusted considering how acutely aware of past actions everyone is.

#27 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:46 AM

View Postice trey, on 20 September 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

It's not completely impossible find, but not much easier than. It's kind of like having the YF-23 being a playable jet in a modern flight simulator.

Thats more like experimental mechs:

Posted Image

#28 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:07 AM

View PostJin Ma, on 20 September 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

Pretty sure he's using it as a technical reference image as he adds in detail around the claw and foot. Not copying directly, but making sure they match up well.

#29 ice trey

• 1,523 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostJin Ma, on 21 September 2014 - 03:46 AM, said:

Thats more like experimental mechs:

Posted Image

Yes,
But I would imagine that mechs that haven't been able to be reproduced in 200 years and a few experimental designs to be more or less on par in terms of likelihood of being spotted on the battlefield.

Maybe rather than the King Crab, Blazers and the Marik Marauder prototype should be introduced instead.

Though in all honesty, I'd like to see the Merlin or Chameleon make the cut even more.

#30 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:34 AM

View Postice trey, on 21 September 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

Yes,
But I would imagine that mechs that haven't been able to be reproduced in 200 years and a few experimental designs to be more or less on par in terms of likelihood of being spotted on the battlefield.

Maybe rather than the King Crab, Blazers and the Marik Marauder prototype should be introduced instead.

Though in all honesty, I'd like to see the Merlin or Chameleon make the cut even more.

i guess driving around the original VW beetle woudl be a good comparioson

#31 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

View PostMystere, on 20 September 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Well, considering he's on a horse and you're not, I can't really say.

Posted Image

I see your point. Totally forgot he was on a Horse and that definitely makes a difference.

#32 ice trey

• 1,523 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostJin Ma, on 21 September 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

i guess driving around the original VW beetle woudl be a good comparioson

It might be more akin to having one of the first printing presses.

250 years difference versus 50...

#33 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

View Postice trey, on 20 September 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Remember, the King Crab is not an Inner Sphere mech, but a cutting edge Star League mech. It's Lostech. The King Crab is really not SUPPOSED to be available right now. A minute hand full are left in the inner sphere, most in the possession of Comstar, mothballed on Terra. The inclusion of the King Crab is only because the community has been mewling for an assault mech with dual AC20s to beat the Daishi.

It looks a little sleaker and a little more high tech, because it IS supposed to be a little sleaker and more high tech. The same could be said about the Highlander, as it's Star League tech, too. The only difference being that there's still a few in production.

The KGC-0000 (with four 0's) is the non-LosTech variant that was available to the Houses' armies (albeit in relatively small numbers) throughout the Succession Wars (as it was in production by General Motors since 2815; see page 120 of TRO 3025 Revised & its MUL entry), while the original Star League built KGC-000 (with three 0's) only made use of FF Armor & CASE but was otherwise identical to its less-advanced cousin.
With FF Armor being recovered in 3036 & FF Armor being recovered in 3040, modifying a KGC-0000 into a configuration similar to a KGC-000 would have been a relatively-minor change.

Additionally, it should be noted that the DCMS would have received several KGCs - likely including a few KGC-000 models - as part of ComStar's "Operation Rosebud" in 3039.
In fact, it is explicitly mentioned in TRO 3039 (on page 278) that there are original LosTech-equipped KGC-000s in private hands well before the Clan Invasion; one Corinth Brody, president of the Nightwatch security company, possesses one such 'Mech and has been working security on Terra since 3038.

As for the third variant needed for MWO (and with the knowledge that PGI is unlikely to ever introduce the SLDF Royals variant (the KGC-000b) or introduce the Clanbuster variant (the KGC-001) early), both TRO 3039 & TRO 3050 Upgrade (on page 222) mention the recent discovery of the specifications for the KGC-010 within Star League era archives (though, all original physical models are known to have left with Kerensky); it makes use of CASE, Endo-Steel, and LB 10-X ACs but is otherwise standard tech; the IS would have the technology to have it produced.

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 21 September 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

As for the third variant needed for MWO (and with the knowledge that PGI is unlikely to ever introduce the SLDF Royals variant (the KGC-000b) or introduce the Clanbuster variant (the KGC-001) early), both TRO 3039 & TRO 3050 Upgrade (on page 222) mention the recent discovery of the specifications for the KGC-010 within Star League era archives (though, all original physical models are known to have left with Kerensky); it makes use of CASE, Endo-Steel, and LB 10-X ACs but is otherwise standard tech; the IS would have the technology to have it produced.

Great part about fluff lore? It can more likely be said that "As far as Comstar knows (the same Comstar that apparently missed the entire SLDF Royal Designs to begin with), all KGC-010s left with the Exodus". If PGI needs it to.

Wouldn't be the first time Comstr got it wrong. ;)

#35 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 21 September 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Great part about fluff lore? It can more likely be said that "As far as Comstar knows (the same Comstar that apparently missed the entire SLDF Royal Designs to begin with), all KGC-010s left with the Exodus". If PGI needs it to.

Wouldn't be the first time Comstr got it wrong. ;)

Them, AND Wolfnet... ;)

#36 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 21 September 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Them, AND Wolfnet... ;)

Well, the mighty Wolfnet missed the attack on Hephaestus station and the Jihad.......

#37 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

People are still making reference don't even reading first page completely...

OP - No it wont be, as Russ posted in other thread, already

View PostRuss Bullock, on 20 September 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

You are a legendary founder so you should be all set for the Atlas and the King Crab.

Btw don't take the comparison to the Atlas as being how it will be sized in game. Not sure why Alex did that but the scaling will come from the modelers and they will do side by side comparisons of the art before they begin to model.

Edited by r4plez, 21 September 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#38 Jin Ma

• 1,323 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

View Postr4plez, on 21 September 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

People are still making reference don't even reading first page completely...

OP - No it wont be, as Russ posted in other thread, already

so it'll be taller than the Nova?

#39 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 21 September 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

so it'll be taller than the Nova?

If PGI is making overall moel volume proportional to overall max 'Mech mass AND if the overall width (shoulder-to-shoulder axis) of the KGC is relatively close to that of the NVA AND the overall depth (front-to-back axis) of the KGC is relatively close to that of the NVA, then there is a high likelihood that the KGC could(/should) be substantially taller than the NVA.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users