We seriously need it.

#2 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

While it would be nice, I do not know if the population will be able to handle some of the breakdown's people want :o(

#3 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:52 AM

I know several players that would come back to the game if they didnt have to worry about direwolfs and madcats lurking around every corner farting out 90-100 damage alpha strikes at everything that moves.

#4 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:34 AM

I just want clan v IS...but people cry about it :(

#5 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

Probably not till CW, where it will be implemented to some degree.

#6 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

Wait for the current clan mechs to be released for C-Bills

#7 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

I'd play Clan vs IS almost non-stop.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 21 September 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

I know several players that would come back to the game if they didnt have to worry about direwolfs and madcats lurking around every corner farting out 90-100 damage alpha strikes at everything that moves.

I find that hilarious.

You haven't run a Clan mech have you?
With the exception of Twin Gauss + twin ER PPC, about the best you're gonna see in a single shot is 42.
A 6 UAC/5 build? (Rare as these things are due to ghost heat)
10.00 per 'alpha'. (1.666666666666667 damage per bullet). * 3 bullets per gun. 30 damage. Then on the double tap, about two of them will jam before pumping out their second volley's third bullet. One will jam on the second volley's first bullet. One to three will complete the tap firing cycle without jamming.

Which btw during the "double tap" you have to tap it per bullet up to 3, each time you run a chance of jamming.

Don't forget all the spread, even if they didn't jam that's 36 different bullets that had to be fired to do 60 damage.
Depending on how close you are and how you react, that's a lot of damage easily spread.

Meanwhile twin AC/20s to the cockpit. Bam. Instant destruction.
I'll be happy when I don't have to worry about a Bullshee or a Slaughtermech around every corner.

#9 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

I for one would have preferred to play out the Fourth Succession War, which was strictly IS vs IS and Level 1 tech (no Gauss rifles, pulse lasers, ER anything, ECM, BAP, endosteel, ferro-fibrous or double heat sinks).

#10 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 21 September 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

I for one would have preferred to play out the Fourth Succession War, which was strictly IS vs IS and Level 1 tech (no Gauss rifles, pulse lasers, ER anything, ECM, BAP, endosteel, ferro-fibrous or double heat sinks).

Booooorriiinnnnnng!

#11 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

You get that in CW. Pub queues are for mixed.

#12 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 21 September 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

We seriously need it.

Never, there are already too many Matchmaker hard options.

Only slice you will get is community warfare.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 21 September 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

I think this would have made sense during the early stages of MWO and working out the initial balancing. Like the first year set back then, establishing the oldest mechs into the game first. Gradually introducing the stuff (Mechs, weapons, etc) from that period and shifting time ahead to the current years as CW live testing comes to an end and then start to introduce the new technology and gradually the Clans themselves.

Edited by Koniving, 21 September 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#14 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 September 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

I think this would have made sense during the early stages of MWO and working out the initial balancing. Like the first year set back then, establishing the oldest mechs into the game first. Gradually introducing the stuff (Mechs, weapons, etc) from that period and shifting time ahead to the current years as CW live testing comes to an end and then start to introduce the new technology and gradually the Clans themselves.

That would have been the logical and sensible path, but IGP wanted to sell Clan 'mechs so greed won over logic.

#15 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 21 September 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

I'm sorry that I scared your friends away with my Inner Sphere Stalker.

SRM30 + 5ML = 88dmg Alpha. I use it to kill DireWolves.

#16 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 21 September 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

I'm sorry that I scared your friends away with my Inner Sphere Stalker.

SRM30 + 5ML = 88dmg Alpha. I use it to kill DireWolves.

Stalker master race!

(damn I love mine! :D )

#17 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostKoniving, on 21 September 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

blah blah blah Im too ignorant to realize clans are overpowered blah blah blah. I bet you dont even have a clan mech! blah blah blah.

I have a Direwolf. Its overpowered as hell.

But this isnt the thread to discuss that. If you wish to discuss that I suggest you go to one of the numerous "clans vs IS" balance threads where an overwhelming number of people agree clans are in fact over powered.

This thread is about discussing new game modes allowing people to drop in only "IS vs IS" or "clan vs clan" matches. Even a straight up "IS vs clan" mode would be cool. I you continue to try and de-rail the thread I will contact the board moderator to set the thread back on track.

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 21 September 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

I have a Direwolf. Its overpowered as hell.

But this isnt the thread to discuss that. If you wish to discuss that I suggest you go to one of the numerous "clans vs IS" balance threads where an overwhelming number of people agree clans are in fact over powered.

This thread is about discussing new game modes allowing people to drop in only "IS vs IS" or "clan vs clan" matches. Even a straight up "IS vs clan" mode would be cool. I you continue to try and de-rail the thread I will contact the board moderator to set the thread back on track.

That was pretty childish.

You had a comment about how bad it was to run into a Dire Wolf or Timber Wolf in every corner with completely and blatantly impossible alpha strike numbers.

I came forth to set you straight on the fact that the Clans cannot possibly do that much damage in an alpha strike and actually function. In fact none of them can. Sure, you can slap quite a bit on a Dire Wolf that gives you that number but the moment you fire it you will shut down.

However, I have made no attempts to derail this thread. In fact I contributed to it a few times, as well as said mimicked your own sentiment in that I would be thankful to not turn a corner and see a real threat come at me. The only difference is you identified a walking coffin whose only threat is a 20 degree window in front of itself. I identified a threat that can one shot every single mech in the game, regardless of how skilled the player is or what the player is using.

A Dire Wolf you take care of just like this.

Zip, shoot, done.

It is fine to disagree with someone contributing to your thread. It is another to completely change someone's quote and make threats because instead of a counter debate for your point, or being mature enough to focus instead on your topic (which after reading what you just wrote, sounds more like you want Clans versus IS just so you can win without the "IS" bringing you down).

That said. I'm eager for IS versus Clans.
Putting some of the experienced players back on the IS instead of new toys could certainly prove a few things about how easily destroyed the Clans are by excessive pinpoint front loaded damage with 'smooth gliding' crosshairs.

Any mech can do what the Clan mechs do. IS mechs can just do it better.

I'm sorry you fail to see the balancing that has already taken place which may have actually been quite excessive against the Clans (since it is almost entirely experienced players truly using the Clans).

But cheer up. It won't be long before it's entirely IS versus Clans under the faction warfare tab. Be a good sport, okay?

Onward, to slaughter the easily killed Clan mechs! Go for the cockpits, they are ginormous!

#19 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

I'd rather not...why? Because people would seek to protect their pride and large number of IS players would seek to avoid the challenge of Clan mechs.

We'd have fewer matches to aid the devs in balancing. We'd have fewer IS players with the valuable experience needed to push back the Clans in CW. We'd lose the carefully cultivated rivalry between factions and essentially weaken the premise and founding experience of the game...the game would suffer.

I saw it happen in Star Trek Online's PvP. Many Federation players dis-liked the challenge of fighting against cloaked vessels. The Klingons only really had cloaking as a means of combating Fed strengths so we could use our high damage glass cannons against Fed tanks. The Feds got fed up with our heavy use of cloak for lightening strike attacks. So the Feds campaigned for Fed vs Fed matches. Because the vast majority of the players were Fed, faction matches ground to a halt.

With no real CW, no open/sandbox engagement areas...there was no need for Feds to even have to deal us...the whole premise of the game when up in smoke...and so did my support.

#20 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 21 September 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

We seriously need it.

Then go play in private matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users