Auto Selecting Gxp For Skills ?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

has it always automatically offered to use gxp when you have dont have enough mech XP ?

i seem to remember it would prompt you first, if your sure u want to use GXP to unlock
if not then it NEEDS a prompt

because its very deceptive , it just lets you click straight away now as if its no big deal and its very easy to accidentally use GXP for crappy mech unlocks

lost alot of GXP today because of this :angry:

#2 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

It does give you a prompt only if you have enough XP and GXP to cover the cost of whatever skill.

I'm also fairly sure it gives you a "Are you sure you want to spend <XP TYPE> on <SKILL>" or something to that effect. I may be miss-remembering but yeah. At least with this double XP weekend it won't take long to get it all back! :D

#3 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

it would be good if it informed you - that u dont have enough mech xp would you like to proceed to use gxp ?

atm it just defaults to a prompt asking if u want to use ur gxp (if u dont have enough mech xp) and its just too easy to click and go ahead, too easy considering how slow gxp grinding is

Edited by GamerGirlGundam, 19 September 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:32 AM

Step 1:
RTFM - Read the friendly message

Step 2:
Make sure you didn't skip step 1

The message does inform you, that you are about to use GXP for an unlock, if you do not have enough mech XP.

Edited by Egomane, 20 September 2014 - 03:33 AM.

#5 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:36 AM

you learn really quick to be more careful when you accidently spend 8k of GXP because you were short on mech XP by 10 and the 8k was a chunk of the 14k you had saved up for a module

#6 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:47 PM

Yeah - while it does show you that it's going to use GXP, and then ask you if it's ok - with so many 'OK' dialogues in UI 2.0 they are often clicked through because the user has seen them so many times they assume they know what it says. It doesn't help that they look nearly the same either.

Would be nice if they color coded it different if you are using XP vs GXP to help differentiate the acknowledgement dialog.

#7 Foksuh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:18 PM

Yup, been there, done that. Loved it too. I mean, it does ask, yeah, we know that but.. it's just one of those really clever designs that'll potentially trap you.

See, we can all defend it by saying it asks you and all that but.. why design it like this in the first place, if not to count on the people to make those hasty mistakes? :P

#8 MountainCopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationUU, Ankh-Morpork

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

Just stepped into that trap as well it seems.

Still, the behavior of this confirmation dialog is different than it was. When having enough Mech XP and GXP, the option to use Mech XP first to unlock a efficiency is and was the default.

Just now, it seems I lost quite a few thousand GXP and I don't know exactly how. Quite annoyed of this...

#9 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

"Are you sure that you really meant to click "Okay" on the last screen?"
"Are you sure you are sure?"
"Are you really, really sure you are sure?"

#10 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Yup... I've been caught by the GXP purchase. You get so used to doing it one way and and it being consistent, then bam... you've set yourself back a week from getting a much-needed module. I read the pop-up and take my time now, that's for damn sure.

#11 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

This is a pretty good candidate for complaining to support. In my experience, they will give you the benefit of the doubt once - like, for example, if you accidentally sell a really expensive XL engine because it was on a mech chassis you were getting rid of. Or if you wiped out a month's worth of GXP because of crappy UI design, and the inability to spend both regular and GXP at the same time.

#12 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

Before you enter the skill tree for a specific variant the UI shows you how much is on each variant of that 'Mech. It again shows you how much MXP and GXP you have for a variant on the lower left side of the UI on the skill tree above your premium time display.

Double checking my numbers is the first thing I do before buying any skill, 'Mech or Pilot.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 21 September 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#13 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

It is a poor system which could used fixing. It's easy to accidentally spend GXP when you're unlocking a lot of skills for the mech in one sitting.

#14 Griggio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Still less heartbreaking then quick clicking a c-bill mech and not noticing it defaulted to MC. One of those what did I just do moments. :blush:

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostMercules, on 21 September 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

"Are you sure that you really meant to click "Okay" on the last screen?"
"Are you sure you are sure?"
"Are you really, really sure you are sure?"

Are you sure that you are sure that you are really really sure you are sure that you wanted to click okay to use your hard-earned GXP on this rather measily mech unlock that you should be using regular XP on?

Well okay then.

(ZOMG why didn't it tell me!?)

>.>; But seriously though I wish it would always give me the choice and just grey out the one I can't do.

Edited by Koniving, 21 September 2014 - 05:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users