Is Assault Mech Poll

546 replies to this topic

Poll: Inner Sphere Assault Mech Poll (2438 member(s) have cast votes)

Please choose your preferred Inner Sphere Assault mech from these three choices.

1. Voted Charger (80t) (214 votes [8.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.78%

2. Voted Zeus (80t) (1123 votes [46.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.06%

3. Voted Cyclops (90t) (1101 votes [45.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.16%

Vote

#541 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

its been a while since the steiners got some mech love (commando?) so I added to the zeus party

#542 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Zeus, Zeus, Zeus!

This mech has it all. Ballistic, Energy, and Missile hardpoints in wide variety. Improved Cooling Jacket quirk. Binary Laser available in 3050 as a possible new weapon for MWO's Inner Sphere forces.

#543 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostJohnny Reb, on 23 September 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:

Both the zeus and cyclops are worthwhile. Charger in this game not so much.

Except...

View PostSuckyJack, on 23 September 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

After reading a good portion of the replies here I have come to the conclusion that people forget the amount of customization even available in MWO as well as ignore all the variants when making a choice (or in this case dismissing the Charger)

This^^^

Even the worst stock Charger , the -1A1, would be roughly equivalent to a BNC-3M or AWS-8Q for hardpoints, with better top speed than either, and a better distribution of the hardpoints. The other variants resemble a faster AWS-8V with jumpjets, and a Victor without jumpjets (and therefore probably better ground mobility for slope climb, etc.) Nothing stellar, but it's a nice range of different variant capabilities to have under a single chassis. By contrast, the Zeus doesn't bring much to the table compared to the Battlemaster or Orion, and the Cyclops is an underweight Atlas with less hardpoint variety between variants, which doesn't even hold a speed advantage since the Boar's Head can carry 400-rated engines.

#544 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 24 September 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

its been a while since the steiners got some mech love (commando?) so I added to the zeus party

The Griffin is pretty heavily used by the LCAF, and the Steiner-specific Banshee, Battlemaster, and Victor variants were put in. So I don't think they're under-represented overall. Shame we can't get the Archer in-game, though, as the Steiner ARC-2S variant of that is quite nice...

#545 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Marauder II

#546 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

The Charger would be different than the other assault mechs we have to choose from. That would give me a reason to use one.

The Zeus and Cyclops however, are just like all the other assault mechs, they will simply look different and be inferior to their same function counterparts.

If one looks at the hard points on the base variants, they will find the Zeus and Cyclops to be almost identical. Those two are also almost identical in hard points to the current IS assault mechs while also be under tonnage compared to them.

I contend that the poll shows the Zeus and Cyclops tied because they are virtually the same mech. which is the same as we already have.

The best choice for PGI and the game is to select the Charger, as it would then fill a unique niche as opposed to selecting the Zeus or Cyclops which will be trying to fill the same role as the higher tonnage Assault mechs available.

#547 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for your vote.

I think we have our winner(s) - can't really go wrong with either.

Will come down certain game design X-factors likely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users