Weapon Invasion, New Intershere Weapon Options!

72 replies to this topic

Poll: Weapon Invasion, New InterShere Weapon Options! (193 member(s) have cast votes)

which if any, would you endorse?

1. Blazer(E) (95 votes [19.83%])

Percentage of vote: 19.83%

2. Rifles(B) (94 votes [19.62%])

Percentage of vote: 19.62%

3. Mech Mortars(BM) (110 votes [22.96%])

Percentage of vote: 22.96%

4. Rocket Launchers(BM) (106 votes [22.13%])

Percentage of vote: 22.13%

5. Arrow IV Artillery(M) (70 votes [14.61%])

Percentage of vote: 14.61%

6. None, (4 votes [0.84%])

Percentage of vote: 0.84%

On account of RocketLauncher & MechMortar?

1. implimented just as Missiles, (39 votes [25.66%])

Percentage of vote: 25.66%

2. As Missiles and Ballistics, (75 votes [49.34%])

Percentage of vote: 49.34%

3. Dont Mind Ether, (38 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 28 August 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

How about Thunder LRMs? Mines would be a great layer to tactics.

if i remember right aren't thunder lrms there own weapon system in tt separate from normal lrms?

#62 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

View Postkosmos1214, on 11 September 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

if i remember right aren't thunder lrms there own weapon system in tt separate from normal lrms?

No it's an ammo type. You'd probably have to choose only one type of ammo. Pgi has stated that switching ammo is difficult. Still, I'm sure it'd spread out the meta, I bet lrm5s could become popular as a lightweight mine layer.

#63 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostNaduk, on 06 March 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

majority of the weapons requested are simply worse versions of the same thing we have now
they likely weigh more and do less damage (dont know but given how BT balances things its a pretty good bet)

straight up no vote for most of them from me

i want to see weapons that add quality options to the game for IS
LBX20 and 5
plasma rifles
inferno SRM
cluster LRM
arrow IV
long tom artillery
SSRM4 and 6
RAC
heavy gauss
light gauss

Long tom Artillery?... 30 crit slots, 30 tons... tell me what mech can fit that?... considering we only got 12 crit slots in a empty side torso max....

#64 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:14 PM

Blazers - sure seems easy enough.

Rifles - Lighter ballistic option but it's suppose to get a debuff against mech armor: have it as a crit causing weapon or wait till other battle assets are seen on the field.

Mech Mortars - I've been a big advocate for using mech mortars for smoke and flares; but no ammo switching so smoke using mortar and flare using mortars would have to practically be two class of weapons. Sight and radar blocking (and possible laser retarding) smoke would be the most useful (although I think by going by table top rules it would be pushing it having it go up far enough to hide even a locust) but volumetric smoke is a resource hog and can be turned off: so hardware issues.

Rocket Launchers - sure as long as instead of standard ammo system it can place multiple launchers in one missile point (but only be able to fire off one per missile point).

Arrow IV - as a consumable: one ton per consumable, has to be guided in by a TAG laser. Give light scouts a bit more potential bite if they're willing to equip a TAG.

Edited by Anyone00, 12 September 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#65 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 11 September 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

No it's an ammo type. You'd probably have to choose only one type of ammo. Pgi has stated that switching ammo is difficult. Still, I'm sure it'd spread out the meta, I bet lrm5s could become popular as a lightweight mine layer.

yah i got looking after i posted that i was thinking of the lrms that do 5 dmg per missile and got the confused

#66 Trifler

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

By the definition shown for "Rifles", they would actually just be regular "Cannons".

#67 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Long tom Artillery?... 30 crit slots, 30 tons... tell me what mech can fit that?... considering we only got 12 crit slots in a empty side torso max....

the same way the managed to cram an AC 20 in the arms of the Crab while still having the LA & H actuators without splitting the weapon between the arms & torsos like they should be.

in other words they throw the rules out the window when it comes to some things.

#68 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:46 AM

the same way the managed to cram an AC 20 in the arms of the Crab while still having the LA & H actuators without splitting the weapon between the arms & torsos like they should be.

Actually, they didn't split the locations in MWO and it's missing the hand/lower arm actuators.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b#i=238&l=stock

#69 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

For those who did play MW4:Mercenaries, it had heavy rocket launchers (made by Marian Hegemony) that could go 2000M, couldn't lock, one version could deal 20 points of damage, the other would deal only 1 and tons of heat. Also, there was heat dealing Inferno LRM, Inferno-AGL, and Plasma Cannon; in this game thus far, flamers are the only heat dealing weapons, and they don't even have the range they had in MW4 (150M), nor the damage (1 point), the only way they are better than MW4 is that they don't have to reload.

Simply, want to see some more heat-dealing weapons (especially inferno rocket launcher) and the heavy rocket launcher. (The heavy rocket launchers (heat and non-heat versions) would really help inner sphere out since range on their weapons is generally less than the clans. If anything like MW4, they won't be able to lock, but they would have a great cooldown and range, heat management might not be the greatest though.)

Edited by Independence MK2, 30 September 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#70 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

While most of these weapons would need to be tweaked to be viable in MWO, I hope they add them along with different ammo types.

#71 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostVinJade, on 09 September 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

@TA
Ah yes Thunder LRMs are sweet to have, though the way many people ***** about normal LRM players, we would see a massive b**** fit over them.

though we would have to be able to switch between normal & thunder rounds.

Infernos would add a bit of fun if you can hit energy heavy enemy units. but how would they be implemented though? how much heat would they do?
will they follow the dumb tw rules where it last a moment or the better BT:MR where it last for a while dealing heat for x-amount of time per missile hit?

I would vote for the Better one from the Master Rules over tw.

I actually had an idea a while back for "weight restricted consumables", but I never posted it. Basically, each weight class would have a consumable that is exclusive to them, and only them. Despite the fact that I could never decide on ones for all but one of the weight classes, I knew which one I wanted for Lights. Thunder strike, aka FASCAM deploying artillery strike. Functions similarly to a standard arty, but lays FASCAM mines rather than shells (Believe it or not, Thunder shells are a thing in the lore, and I think their timeline ok to boot).

#72 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:42 PM

Never mind rocket launchers, where are the folks who want MRMs? Flinging around tsunamis of bottle rockets from MRM-40s sounds like a whole bucket of fun to me.

#73 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:33 PM

View PostUltra-Laser, on 20 September 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

Never mind rocket launchers, where are the folks who want MRMs? Flinging around tsunamis of bottle rockets from MRM-40s sounds like a whole bucket of fun to me.

I think MG arrays would be more fun. Especially if and when we get old tentacles(Bane). 48 MGs stuffed into 12 ballistic hardpoints. RIP frames/second. You will be missed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users