#1 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

WELCOME TO THE MWO WORLD OF SPORTS

Here is the event we have all been waiting for, the match of the century!!

BOXER 1: Russ - He's 49-0 he has the looks and stamina of a mule, throwing those power punches all day, breaking his opponent down long after they have run out of steam. He dominates the up close and personal with his ballistic like body shots. His jabs are pin-point accurate, what ever they hit they destroy. No fighter in the history of MWO boxing has had the heart or stamina to fight Russ up close and personal and survive. With his blistering speed Russ closes the gap and starts his hallmark systematic destruction. Let's see what he does tonight. (music playing) Risin' up, back on the street did my time, took my chances, went the distance, now I'm back on my feet Just a man and his will to survive (the Rocky song for you idiots)

Stats Flash on the screen:
  • High Speed (70% of (IS) mechs are faster than clans, lets not even talk about lights, any skilled (IS) pilot will tell you speed is life.).
  • Medium Reach
  • Pin-point Damage
  • Runs Cooler For Longer
  • Hard Hitting Up Close (with low stamina cost)
  • Many options for ECM
The undisputed champion of the MWO boxing league, The Alpha & Omega, The one that started it all.....

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS..A

NEXT UP (crowd goes wild)

BOXER 2 Paul - He's 36-0 he has the longest reach in the MWO boxing league and has jabbed his way to victory 36 times without ever being taken out. His speed and agility has kept Paul from suffering too much damage, but we have insider reports that Paul can only through those devastating jabs only so long. If Paul overheats we just might see a knock out tonight, all Russ has to do is get to the inside and use his awesome body shots to bring Paul down, but will he do it? Here he comes (music playing) Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses (Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name)

Stats Flash on the screen:
  • Average Speed (don't get stuck on the TW because all the rest are slow compaired to (IS).
  • Long Reach
  • Damage Spread
  • Runs Hot Fast
  • Hard Hitting At Range (with high stamina cost)
The top challenger of the MWO boxing league, The Wood Choppa (Arnald Schwarzenegger) accent, The Tiber Wolf, The Face Fryer....

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUULA

FIGHT BEGINS (the ref breaks down the rules, Russ is stone faced eyes all ablazed, Paul smiles, like he has a trick up his sleave..

ROUND 1 - Both fighters come to the middle and Paul hits Russ with a 1,2, Russ swings and hits nothing but H2 molecules, Paul backs off and does the ropa-dope to Russ's face, OMG Russ was rocked by those shots and I think there is a tricle of blood over Russ's left eye, this titan of a fighter may go down if he doesn't close the gap.

(Russ's corner is yelling at him to close the gap and knock the wind out of Paul, but Russ has been dazed and can only hear the roar of the crown and the little birdies that keep chirping in his ear.. chirp, chirp...)

Every time Russ tries to stand toe to toe with Paul he gets hit with devestation, instinct takes over and Russ lunges at Paul and closes the gap and blasts Paul with 4 upper-cuts and a barrage of what can only be described as short range missiles to the mid section...

OH NO!!!! PAUL GOES DOWN AND THE CROWD ERUPTS!!!

1,2,3,4,5,6 DING, DING, DING SAVED BY THE BELL

ROUND 2 - Both fighters come to the middle, Russ closes the gap and rocks Paul with hey-makers to the head, Russ pushes Paul against the ropes and starts to make fire wood of the Timber Wolf. (Russ says to Paul, who's the wood choppa now).

Although overheated and drained, Paul manages to stay away from Russ just long enough to cool off and gain his energy back. Russ is convinced that he has this fight in the bag. Then BOOM, BOOM, Who My Daddy Is? Russ asks himself, Paul just hit Russ in the face with 2 laser beam punches, Then covers up and runs to the corner, but Russ stays in the same spot while he ponders if Kim Kardashians ass is really real or...

Paul knows this is his shot, if he can keep Russ off him he just might have a shot to win. 1,2 1,2, the cut on Russ's eye reopens, this time he's bleading like a a stuck pig, WHAP, BAM, BOOM, Paul lets go of a pulse of laser jabs to Russ's nose breaking it. and retreats before Russ can counter punch.

Paul remembers what Russ said ealier in the fight and decides.. I'M THE MUDDA FUGN WOOD CHOPPA.

Fully cooled off Paul Alpha strikes Russ to the head with all that he has (just at that second Russ remembers who his daddy is) and the lights go out.

Yeh damatized, maybe even one sided, but just like in boxing, fighters have to use what they have naturally to win. Some have longer reach, some have stamina, some can take a hit. But because a fighter or mech has different strong points does not mean they are unbalance. The balance comes into play when the fighters use their strengths to their advantage.

Clan mechs have the initial advantage because of range, that would be like a fighter always being able to get the first puch in. But once the other fighter get close the Clan mechs lose all advatages over (IS) mechs meaning they get the last punch.

We can argue over this all day long but until (IS) pilots play to their stregnths none of this BS Win/ Loss data means a damned thing, nor should clan mechs be nerfed based on first hit mechanics until we have data with (IS) mechs being under 300m.

please excuse any spelling, or grammer errors I'm not going back to read this I'm sure you'll undestand.

Disclaimer all names are fictional, if there is any simularities to names, places or things they are purely by chance... B)

Edited by mongo2006, 22 September 2014 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users