St.ives\ Liao For Any Language And Chinese Speaking Pilots. 召集中文玩家

136 replies to this topic

#41 Kiroh Tarquall

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostFirefly, on 19 June 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

你好中国人。我会说你的语言。我是美国人。很多中国女性都喜欢跟我做爱,因为我是一个美国的大家伙。 你想买一些黄金吗?这是很便宜!我的工作整天在对黄金的视频游戏场。我会给你最优惠的价格为黄金!

I would like to thank the US Army and Defense Language Institute for giving me the ability to do that.

Why the hell did u write this crap, Firefly? You think it's funny? Does the army and defense language institute only teach the language and not how to properly deal with other races? Sure hope you don't represent them in any way. Please show some respect, if you can muster it.

#42 Kiroh Tarquall

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostSabbathiel, on 24 July 2012 - 09:59 AM, said:

Hi I'm Sabbathius. If anyone is interested in Setting up a website for our Clan. please contact me. xie xie ni. I'm American by the way. But live in China/Hong Kong. :D

Nice to meet another Hong Konger, hope to see ya in game :)

#43 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostKiroh Tarquall, on 31 July 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Why the hell did u write this crap, Firefly? You think it's funny? Does the army and defense language institute only teach the language and not how to properly deal with other races? Sure hope you don't represent them in any way. Please show some respect, if you can muster it.

Amazing what you can do with Google translate. One would expect better taste, bro . . .

#44 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostKiroh Tarquall, on 31 July 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

You need to ******* relax, dude. It's really not that serious.

Edited by Firefly, 01 August 2012 - 05:28 AM.

#45 Haruyuki

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostFirefly, on 01 August 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

You need to ******* relax, dude. It's really not that serious.

It's amusing how one can verbally slap another person in the face, and then say that it's not serious.
Now, I agree that Kiroh needs to relax and that he's getting too worked up over dealing with someone like you.

I had not wanted to bother replying to you, but I guess I had better.
I have no problems with the content of the stuff you have said. Some of it is even funny in my honest opinion... Except for that cheap shot you took at the start of your first post in Mandarin.

What I find upsetting, is how you can post something like that in Mandarin, and then cover up with the English bits. It's almost as if you're trying to hide what you're doing from most of the community. The other thing that upsets me, is the your irresponsible way of dealing with people who feel insulted by you.

I would understand if you're trying to troll the Chinese, but there are no doubt other ways about it.

I'll translate the bits in Mandarin (Chinese language) to those who can't read it.

View PostFirefly, on 19 June 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

你好中国人。我会说你的语言。我是美国人。很多中国女性都喜欢跟我做爱,因为我是一个美国的大家伙。 你想买一些黄金吗?这是很便宜!我的工作整天在对黄金的视频游戏场。我会给你最优惠的价格为黄金!
Hello Chinese people. I can speak your language. I am American. Many Chinese women like to have sex with me, because I am an American guy. Do you want to buy some gold? This is very cheap! I work all day in the video game field for gold. I will give you the best price for gold!

I would like to thank the US Army and Defense Language Institute for giving me the ability to do that.

As I stated earlier, I find the gold part funny, but the first part is just a cheap shot.

If you're willing to stand up and say something, please be prepared to take responsibility for it as well. If you verbally slap some people in the face and one of them takes offense at it, don't go saying that it's not serious. Of course it's not serious to you, since you're doing the "slapping". The pain is felt by the other party.

I must say that I'm more or less in awe of the mainland Chinese since they seem to be completely tolerating you, but then again, tolerance is part of Chinese culture.

#46 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm actually more put off by the second part than the first part, actually. I don't really think making light of the gold farmer stereotype makes any sense, considering there are plenty of other horrible psuedo-occupations in the world, perhaps even in Firefly's own country. Feels kind of sad and meaningless for a poster to come into a thread just to swing his around his sense of "culture" around just to show off to others, too.

#47 Kiroh Tarquall

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Not so serious? I don't think you have the right to determine what's serious or offensive to another culture after writing the crap you wrote. Ugh. Nevermind, it's over. I hope from now on you think before you post being under the impression people can't read what you type. I'm happy to see others here show respect and recognize immaturity. And by the way, 'fluent' mandarin is an overstatement in your case.

#48 prastagus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Everyone relax. Let's not divide the "house" before the actual fighting starts.

Firefly need to learn not to make light of another culture especially the culture that House of Liao is apparently modeled on. Chinese culture do take offense for tasteless jokes like in Firefly's first part, never did in history, ancient or recent, either. The second part is bit hard to understand as his Chinese wasn't written well enough. If that was about the Gold Farming joke explained by Young Blood, then it is less offensive though stereotypical. If his experience at US Army and Defense Language Institute really gave him the ability to speak Chinese and write Chinese and yet his job right now is gold farming from games as he wrote, then it is a sad tale but is his personal choice.

All in all, let's just enjoy the game and cooperate on building the House of Liao to ever higher heights.

By the way, I can join the Chinese players if they speak mandarin.

#49 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

We should always be focused on growing the house and improving our comraderie. The best and most sure way to trash any structure is from the inside out.

They enemy is OUT THERE, not in here.

>:{

#50 rRadix

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

同志们! 咱们一起来,预备 -- 开始 -- “嘎嘎”!

Edited by rRadix, 06 August 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#51 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Any further escalation will result in moderator intervening.

Let's be civil folks

Keep on topic,

Thank you

#52 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostHaruyuki, on 01 August 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

It's amusing how one can verbally slap another person in the face, and then say that it's not serious.
Now, I agree that Kiroh needs to relax and that he's getting too worked up over dealing with someone like you.

I had not wanted to bother replying to you, but I guess I had better.
I have no problems with the content of the stuff you have said. Some of it is even funny in my honest opinion... Except for that cheap shot you took at the start of your first post in Mandarin.

What I find upsetting, is how you can post something like that in Mandarin, and then cover up with the English bits. It's almost as if you're trying to hide what you're doing from most of the community. The other thing that upsets me, is the your irresponsible way of dealing with people who feel insulted by you.

I would understand if you're trying to troll the Chinese, but there are no doubt other ways about it.

I'll translate the bits in Mandarin (Chinese language) to those who can't read it.

As I stated earlier, I find the gold part funny, but the first part is just a cheap shot.

If you're willing to stand up and say something, please be prepared to take responsibility for it as well. If you verbally slap some people in the face and one of them takes offense at it, don't go saying that it's not serious. Of course it's not serious to you, since you're doing the "slapping". The pain is felt by the other party.

I must say that I'm more or less in awe of the mainland Chinese since they seem to be completely tolerating you, but then again, tolerance is part of Chinese culture.

Thanks for quoting the original post.. now all this discussion makes sense..

I was wondering why everyone was so bent out of shape.. but now I understand.

#53 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

ni hao ma! wo shi zong guo ren

#54 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostTennex, on 12 August 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

ni hao ma! wo shi zong guo ren

zhende ma?

#55 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

wo bushi zhongguo ren... ruguo wo shi zhongguo ren name wo yao yong hanzi... dui bu dui? :)

Edited by light487, 14 August 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#56 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Ewai Reai Apellanscai, Llai ouryai saebai reai elongbai otai suai!!!

>:{

#57 n0e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

wo ting bu dong!
:)

#58 prastagus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

写中文吧

#59 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostSabbathiel, on 20 November 2011 - 08:19 PM, said:

召集中文玩家,qq 81070697,我们的队名是金龙,sandman

748 ??

Edited by Supremacist, 16 August 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#60 Zulis

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationHKG

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Greetings from Hong Kong, hilarious thread !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users