General Feedback

13 replies to this topic

#1 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

I played MWO for a while, even bought into the game. But when ya'll added UI2, I quit.

A yar ater, now, I m chcking it out. Heres wt I think.

FORUM - Still stnks. Th typing program never keps up. It kips words. It will notallo me to evn type in nother program and copy paste. I refue to wrk 10x harder to correct YOURprograms errors. I am skilld at typing, but this program is junk ad anot g fastr than 10 words per minute.
[Edit - apparently there is some conflict between the browser and this forum's editing system...?]

THE UI
It is still garbae. So mny clicks, so many separted sections whih should beall onone menu. TheUI is so convoluted, I makesme NOT want t wade thrugh it t play. Why have every part of the mech n separate menu? I cannot ever get sese of the wole mech, exceptnthat view bttn, but youanot d ANYTHING intht vew. I annot imagin hat anew player will feel like. Smurf's iseasier use than yourown interface...

SOUNDS
About a year go th soundsere changd. The gonging, clanging sounds were horribly painul. Somof thoe are still around - like theAC5. I simply cannot use that gun, even though wan to - it hurts my ears fa o much. The new clan ounds are pretty good, though.

GAMEPLAY
This game used to feel like you ere really ina mech. Th field or view, or somthin I am not surewat just yet, has changed. It seemsa lotless like youar in amech thn before. Thus, the gae is a lo less appealing to play.

In short, I will hold onto my money still. This game hs become less user-friendy as time goeson.

Edited by Seddrik, 24 September 2014 - 04:26 AM.

#2 Omen Strike

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

What.........

"I typ at ovr 90 wrds per minte. Ths forum evdently cnnot kep up."

exues cat kep u wih my tpeng

Edited by Omen Strike, 23 September 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#3 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

seems you have to replace your broken keaybord! ^^
OK... beside the fun: some Browsers use to have problems with some WYSIWYG editors - like one used here.

In general I think you sould expand your break for another yar - we will miss you!

#4 Dirty Bird 1

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • LocationChelsea,Oklahoma USA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:06 AM

Couldn't find a topic for this but here goes, How do you exchange XP to GXP ?

The Button stays greyed out. So double XP weekend was a Bust for me as I couldn't convert it to GXP

And what happens to the XP you earn in Trial Mechs ? have like 76,000 in xp on those Mechs, want to use it on Mechs I own.

Yeah it's a Nooby question. But can't find anything on it.

#5 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:57 AM

offtopic, but here we go:
you can only exchange XP for mechs you own. If you buy one of the trial mechs you can use the earned xp to skill them or excange to GXP. the button is greyed out until you move the exchange-slice to the right for the right ammount.

#6 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:20 AM

Ok, so there must be some conflict between this program and the browser. It forces you to type super slow or it skips ridiculously.

Its just frustrating to pay into a game that started so well, then have it become so immensely tedious in its UI that it makes me not want to play. I came back after a year thinking surely it will be better. Sadly, it is not.

Troll replies, I don't care one wit about. I do hope the Devs realize that people will be more inclined to continue investing in the game if its UI was less complicated than a US Govt Tax form. A bit of a turn of that...

Edited by Seddrik, 24 September 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#7 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostSeddrik, on 23 September 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

I played MWO for a while, even bought into the game. But when ya'll added UI2, I quit.

A yar ater, now, I m chcking it out. Heres wt I think.

FORUM - Still stnks. Th typing program never keps up. It kips words. It will notallo me to evn type in nother program and copy paste. I refue to wrk 10x harder to correct YOURprograms errors. I am skilld at typing, but this program is junk ad anot g fastr than 10 words per minute.
[Edit - apparently there is some conflict between the browser and this forum's editing system...?]

The problem you are facing is due to Internet Explorer 10/11 and it being really ****. IE9 used to work fine until it stopped letting me make new lines for some reason.

I've swapped to chrome and haven't had any (major) issues with the forums since. It still has some bugs (Like tags are invisible), but otherwise works.

View PostSeddrik, on 23 September 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

THE UI
It is still garbae. So mny clicks, so many separted sections whih should beall onone menu. TheUI is so convoluted, I makesme NOT want t wade thrugh it t play. Why have every part of the mech n separate menu? I cannot ever get sese of the wole mech, exceptnthat view bttn, but youanot d ANYTHING intht vew. I annot imagin hat anew player will feel like. Smurf's iseasier use than yourown interface...

Yes, the UI is awful and needs a second and third pass to make it up to par.
Hopefully with IGP out of the way stuff will start to happen sooner rather than later

#8 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostSeddrik, on 24 September 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Its just frustrating to pay into a game that started so well, then have it become so immensely tedious in its UI that it makes me not want to play. I came back after a year thinking surely it will be better. Sadly, it is not. Troll replies, I don't care one wit about. I do hope the Devs realize that people will be more inclined to continue investing in the game if its UI was less complicated than a US Govt Tax form. A bit of a turn of that...

I don't know. I played on both UIs. While this new one has some problems, I don't find it so tedious that it prevents me from playing. It took a day or two to get used to it, but I'm about as quick building a mech as I was with the old one. I think that the consensus among most of the pilots here is that the game play is pretty good overall. I'm enjoying it either way.

#9 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

@ Seddrik, I've been playing since Day 1 Closed Beta. There are some things that have improved greatly since that time, while other things have fallen a few steps back... I still consider MWO to be in a beta stage as it's still be developed (but I can say the same about War Thunder or other games for that matter).

FORUMs will always be hated by some, loved by others, and trolls are everywhere... go read CNN.com's comments on articles, proof enough. If you're using IE (Internet Explorer)... download a real browser like Firefox or Chrome (cause IE sucks).

THE UI isn't as bad as it was getting used to. Like any change in life, you need to adjust to a new interface like adjusting to a new girlfriend. Things are different... play around with it, have friends to assist you (like join a unit maybe?). War Thunder has a much easier UI to customize planes and work on their version of a tech tree... PGI could learn something from that game.

SOUNDS are actually well produced and balanced (I dabble in music production). If anything is still annoying it's hearing 3+ AC2's firing right next to you. PGI could always do another pass at the Inner Sphere sounds and maybe refine them a bit... but have you ever heard a large bore cannon fire from a modern military vehicle? Loud!

GAMEPLAY hasn't really changed except for the meta-builds and Clantech... FOV hasn't changed, but you can in your config file btw, JJs are kinda useless unless you're a Light... no more poptarts everywhere. Matchmaker is still as unpredictable as a house cat who it's own agenda, but has improved since their tuning a few months back.

OVERALL it's still fun to play... PUG'n still sucks (unless you like being a lone wolf)... but Community Warfare is coming soon (finally) so there is bound to be fun to be had. ;)

#10 Dirty Bird 1

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • LocationChelsea,Oklahoma USA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

@ BladeXXL

Thank you for the info on the XP exchange though what exchange slice. I'll fiddle with it and see what happens. This is how I learned how to do most of the refitting of my Nova.

Edited by Yellow Eagle 1, 24 September 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#11 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 24 September 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

THE UI isn't as bad as it was getting used to. Like any change in life, you need to adjust to a new interface like adjusting to a new girlfriend. Things are different... play around with it, have friends to assist you (like join a unit maybe?). War Thunder has a much easier UI to customize planes and work on their version of a tech tree... PGI could learn something from that game.

The UI is demonstrably terrible and caused me to stop playing for over a month, after which I came back and didn't modify any of my mech loadouts for another 1-2 months. It fails every HCI test and breaks almost every UI rule. Please don't try to defend it. I can use it now but the whole process is extremely frustrating.

#12 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

As if there were not enough clicks... you get reward pop up boxes which REQUIRE you to acknowledge and clear them with yet more clicks.

Let me play the game without being a ClickWarrior plz.

An that social blinking light. Why not just have it light up, instead of constantly blinking. Visually annoying when it I not even a priority. Almost s bad as the flashing, zooming, linking base capture text. As if just having flashing red text was not enough to let people know. I man, if people are not going to listen to it anyway, why visually dominate the screen with it?

Edited by Seddrik, 24 September 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#13 VukNukem

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • Locationold schwabenland

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:04 AM

Hi there,

i find it interesting that no one bothers about the changes in Privacy policy.
Shame i was so dumb to invest money in this game. Now Piranha tries to make even more money by selling my data?
No Way!!!
Thanks Piranha for kicking me out after financing this game.

#14 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 24 September 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

The UI is demonstrably terrible and caused me to stop playing for over a month, after which I came back and didn't modify any of my mech loadouts for another 1-2 months. It fails every HCI test and breaks almost every UI rule. Please don't try to defend it. I can use it now but the whole process is extremely frustrating.

I'm not defending it at all actually... I never said I liked it either, just that I got used to it... cause really... what else was I to do? Design them one myself or use their UI to continue playing? Maybe read into the sarcasm I noted next time?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users