164 replies to this topic

#161 CSHubert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 408 posts
  • LocationDenmark -Northern Europe

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

I pilot DW from time to time. The tremenous amout of firepower it can unleash is really awesome and I do make kills in it. But as much as (or perhabs even more) I enjoy the killing power in DW I like the Embers ability to make a mock out of a DW. That little critter can tear the monster of the battlefield to pieces with one arm tied on its back. So if you really are gonna start thinking about nerfs, perhabs there are other places...

#162 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:53 PM

You absolutely know there is something wrong with a MechWarrior game when people have no fear of a Direwolf...

#163 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:27 PM

A DWF isn't a problem..... 4 DWF in enemy team is a problem.... right MatchMaker?

#164 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:23 AM

People saying the DWF is easy-mode and OP are right and wrong. Sure, it has tons of firepower and can really do work on most maps depending on the build. If it has no support, it's just not worth it. If the enemy team gets across the map before you can find cover (Tourmaline rings a bell), you're LRM'd to death before you can do anything. Oh, there's a light behind you, above you, beside you peeking out with 2 large lasers? There goes your weapons systems, torsos or leg. Whichever they decide they want. You can't chase it and you can't run from it.

Earlier, someone who had just bought their DWF was saying, "OMG this needs a nerf, too OP nothing can kill me" - I was on my newly purchased Vindicator and thought to myself, he's had a couple good matches. That opinion will soon change. I've had plenty of great matches on my DWF. I'm had some horrible ones. Sometimes, 1000+ damage, others maybe 300. It really is dependent on support more than many people would like to admit.

I could come on the forums everytime an Atlas hits me with its 90 (roughly) point Alpha, blowing out my torso's and arms with little effort while he's prancing around like a ballerina, spreading all my incoming damage. Obviously, that's overpowered. Please nerf the movement speed of all light mechs because they can circle around me and jump above me. Please take away a light mechs ability to carry large lasers and missles with more than 2 tubes. Make the maximum capacity for LRM ammo, 400. Reduce the movement speed across the board to 40kph. Take out any and all terrain or LoS objects and make everything flat and open. Let's just make EVERY mech equal in every aspect. Who needs variety? It's pointless to have variety when everyone is going to complain about every little thing that sets another mech apart.

OK, double Gauss 1 shot you in the back. Let's see your rear armor values. Oh? You're a light mech? I guess you should of weaved through the map instead of a straight line. Oh, you face tanked a Dakkawolf, took 500 UAC10 rounds to the face without ever torso twisting and died? That most certainly is OP.

One thing you never see are people coming here to complain about a Spider, sniping with a LL the entire match at the very top of the mountain in Crimson Strait, or the outer ring of HPG and never taking any damage and racking up more damage than 5 of his teammates. Oh, he's a pro pilot? Yeah, sure he is. I heard JJ's and hiding out of reach of most mechs ability to aim is super pro. Looks like we're going to have to remove JJ's from all mechs, it's obviously OP.

I pulled 800 damage on a trial Orion earlier. We should surely nerf it's damage. It's obviously far too much. How could that be possible on such a mech that is not considered OP? This is preposterous. Oh, look my LRM's can't hit anything cause that Atlas is bubbling his team with ECM. Remove it please! It's breaking the game, it's unfair for those who are volleying 2800 LRM's across the map with no worries in the world. Wait, I was just killed by an Arty while I was at 40% health. Can we please remove it? It's an unfair advantage, that's available to everyone. Remove cool shots too. Why should anyone be able to reduce their heat? Hey! They're the ones who equipped all those lasers and PPC's without worrying about heat. Let them deal with it. Hell, take out UAV too. It's unfair and it's hard to shoot down.

All of that sounds pretty ridiculous right? Yeah, it does. Let the DWF move at 65kph and twist its torso like a boss and then I would agree, it's OP. Until then, there are too many ways to counter all of this. If you're experiencing these occurrences, you're probably in a solo queue and in all reality, EVERY one of these instances I have mentioned can be avoided to some degree, if not completely.. I don't think I need to go into detail on how to avoid each of these situations.

Edited by Moonlander, 26 September 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#165 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 24 September 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

I feel I get killed/crippled by the DW dual guass and PPC more than anything else. Some of them have 3 guass for christs sake...
The problem is they have no fear. Step out, pinpoint +50 damage and wreck pretty well anything under 80 tons. NO penalty. I can't count how many times... By the time I step out of cover, see that it's a DW, and backpedal, BLAM!!!!, torso/arm/leg gone. 600m, 200m, whatever. Frustrating.

To hell with the Meta. I used a non-meta build that wrecks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users